*ledwiz Forcefeedback Tables That Need Configs*

bent98

• Content Provider

I think its great that Dazz has launched this site for the pinball community, I such as short time the site has grown an offered additional enhancements to pinball enthusiasts such as myself.

On of the areas this site wants to take to the next level is have better Forcefeedback support.Deegor launched his Ledwiz ConfigTool a few weeks ago and the ultimate goal is to have clean accurate configs for all Forcefeedback users to enjoy. I have compiled a list of some good FS conversion tables that are in need of configs. Our hopes are that we can work together to get these done. I also know aside from the there are a number of configs on the site currently that need minor tweaks.

http://vpuniverse.com/ledwiz/login.php

I would ask that we use this thread to announce if someone is working on a table config. I will manage this thread to cross off tables that have been completed. I put some table in bold in hopes we might start with those first.

250cc
8 ball Champ
Ali
Atlantis
Bay Watch
Black Pyramid
Bow and Arrow

Centaur
Close Encounters of third Kind

Cosmic Gunfight
Cosmic Princess
Deadly Weapon \
Disco Fever
Dolly Parton
Eight Ball
Fathom
Flash Gordon
Flight 2000
Flipper Football - needs ledtoolbox
Frontier
Future Spa
Galaxy
Genesis Use ledtoolbox
Genie - Use latest ledwiz Confg + script
Godzilla
Harlem Globetrotters
Harley Davidson
Haunted House Use latest ledtoolbox
Independence Day
Ice Fever
JunkYard
KISS
Laser Cue
Lectromania
Mata Hari
Metalman (leds?)
Mystic
Panthera
Pinball Pool

Pink Panther
Pharoh
Raven
River Boat Gambler
Rocky
Rolling Stones
Royal Flush n
SeaWitch
Sharp Shooter
Spirit
Space Invaders
Silverball Mania
Starship Trooper
Stars
Stargate
Strange Science
Street Fighter

Strikes and Spares
Super Sonic
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Simpsons
Trailer
Trident
Sopranos
Vegas
Vortex
Whirlwind
Triple Strike

Here is a link to pinball manuals to help with the effort
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/60r174gamuweos2/VClQ-cJADb

• Content Provider

Basically the contactors, knocker, shaker motor, gear motor etc... That we're using to bring more realism to virtual pinball.  The ledwiz listens to pinmame and fires off certain ports on the ledwiz depending on what you have mapped in your ledcontrol file.  So when you hit the flipper button in game, you feel a thump coming from one of the contactor's mounted in your cab, or when you destroy a castle in Medieval Madness, the shaker motor fires off and shakes the shit out of your cabinet.  That type of stuff.

The site Bent mentioned basically maps out solenoid / flasher assignments to ports on your ledwiz.

Hey guys,

I think before we get our hands dirty we need some agreements/share thoughts on a few things.

For example on how to configure the ball release. Do we add that to the right flipper or right slingshot ? Or even right pop bumper for that matter.

Some of us configured the slingshots to the flippers, while others would like to keep flippers free from anything else.

Just how original do we want the configurations to be. For example a table without flashers. Usually I configure the slingshots to flash outside white, or the pop bumpers to flash accordingly.

Sometimes even the outlanes produce some blinding action :)

Same goes for shaker and strobes.

Some of us use a 220v strobe and will need S15 300, while others (like me) use 12v always on CREE Leds, which use S15 300 25.

Here are a few examples, and most likely I can think of a few more.

Anyone else would like to put 2cts in ?

Num

• Content Provider

I think we should try an agree on one way and then  use the private configs for the adjustments. Not sure if there would be a way to list an alternate "Style" for each rom. What I mean is have two public configs for certain tables with the changes you suggested. Or possibly add global changes to each script based onthe users setup. So there could be a check box in user setup which lists Cree or 220v strobe in the same way people may want to have PWM on or off.

I am not sure how liner these adjustment can be as I am not sure what values need to be adjusted.

• Content Provider

It doesn’t matter what port you use on the Ledblinky as the config tool will remap them appropriately. As far as wiring things, the best bet is to but Zebs Octocoupler boards as it makes wiring this stuff a breeze. You only need one ATX PS to supply 5, 12,24v and diodes are built into the board. He also offers the shaker and gear motor with speed control so you don’t have to mess around with performance killing PWM. I used his older style high power boards so I had to wire in the diodes to the contactors.

Hey guys,

I think before we get our hands dirty we need some agreements/share thoughts on a few things.

For example on how to configure the ball release. Do we add that to the right flipper or right slingshot ? Or even right pop bumper for that matter.

Some of us configured the slingshots to the flippers, while others would like to keep flippers free from anything else.

Just how original do we want the configurations to be. For example a table without flashers. Usually I configure the slingshots to flash outside white, or the pop bumpers to flash accordingly.

Sometimes even the outlanes produce some blinding action :)

Num

Hi Greg-  got your PM - thanks. I will try to snag a few of these on the list.  I have been traveling so much that my cab has not been booted in over 3 or 4 weeks. I have not even gotten to use DeeGor's tool yet. 

Older tables like we see in this list and Num's comments highlight and expands on a point I made in the original HP thread on this;   there are situations where setup is a judgement call. For me personally, I don't like flashers on tables that did not have them originally... or I like them in a very limited way.   In my initial post, I suggested an option to have multiple configs with denotation (can't recall my exact terminology now) along the lines of Liberal V. Conservative configs  ...or a way to share 'unofficial' custom variations. However, if there are too many options then it can become a mess or confusing.      

Regarding which contacts for what action: I don't assign anything but flippers to my flipper contactors. Usually sling for slings, and for coils that do not directly relate to a visible action/reaction (ie; under playfield vuk diverter). I usually put them to the 'back' contactor, or not at all.  

-Matt

I love the new LEDWiz stuff with Addams family.   Do I have to add all those lines in the script to each table, or can we read in the pinouts for the led from an external file.  I need a starter table with the appropriate stuff like I saw on uTube, but cant seem to find the download.

No, all the rom based games use the ledcontrol.ini

You can manually update it for each game, or use one of the LEDWIZ config sites that create it for you.

http://pinball.pixelmagic.nl/ledwiz/

or

http://vpuniverse.com/ledwiz/login.php

You only need to add LEDWIZ calls to the table scripts of EMs or Original tables since they don't use the ledcontrol.ini

I love the new LEDWiz stuff with Addams family.   Do I have to add all those lines in the script to each table, or can we read in the pinouts for the led from an external file.  I need a starter table with the appropriate stuff like I saw on uTube, but cant seem to find the download.

You only need to add LEDWIZ calls to the table scripts of EMs or Original tables since they don't use the ledcontrol.ini

I need to add ledwiz support to an EM. Do you know of a table with the ledwiz calls so i can see how it is done.

Cheers 

• Content Provider
I need to add ledwiz support to an EM. Do you know of a table with the ledwiz calls so i can see how it is done.

Cheers 

Since EM tables are not controlled by roms, the only way to add ledwiz support is through LEDwiztoolbox via B2S.

• Content Provider

Slydog,

I may be wrong but it sounds like you are reffering to Macro and Shaunroot's FPforcefeedback mod. (Link Provided Below)

http://www.shaunroot.net/pinball/LEDWiz/readme_FP_LEDWiz_Scripting_Manual.html

This has nothing to do with that. This config tool is strickly for Pinmame rom controlled tables. The method those guys are using for FP is similiar to LEDwiztoolbox via B2S.

• Content Provider

This thread is getting a bit off track. I may have to make another thread to explain each of the meothds to add forcefeedback.

Let's keep discussions to working towards getting as many pinmame tables supported via the tool and exisiting ones cleaned up.

Well, last response and we get this back on topic since I am sure others may be curious of what to do with EMs and originals.

Look at JPs Pirates table or Scarface. These have the LEDWIZ calls and the setup section for the ledwiztoolbox.

Add the setup section at the top of the routine to your table, assign your ports in the ledwiztoolbox.vbs and add ONE call and test it.

Then if if worked add the rest.

Cheers 

• Content Provider

Hi,

I didn't how to post this

I have a concern about tables that has more tgan two flippers.

Some ledwiz config like dirty harry have the right flipper assigned to contactor right and bumper right,because of two right flippers

Where addams has only right contactor assigned to right flipper, but there are also two right flippers.

Honestly i prefer the taf config, whar do you think?

IMHO when you have more than one flipper on one side, or flippers on an upper playfield for that matter, it would be more logical to use another contactor located in the middle (or back) in your cabinet.

The difference would be that the sound generated by that contactor would emanate from the same location as it's displayed on screen.

Archived