theGhost787

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Houdini is  nice and colorful I wont be making it, but I put it out there to see if anyone wants to give it a try. All the plastics are there. Oh the mods. Well the originals have original music, and original DMD and stuff.

That is fine for people who want to play the "original" game. My ghost mods include different music, and i did internal scripts fixed some scripts. I never use ROMS.

I find it easier to just double click 1 file and play the game. It is a HUGE hassle when you feel like playing a game, and the ROM is missing, then you need to log in, locate the rom, wait for the slow connection to download the ROM.

NO ROM =  Simple.  I like simple.  I know some noobs always come in and they don't even know where to place the rom, then you need VPinMame and all that mess. DMD addons and extra files.

<_< It gives me a headache just thinkin' about it. So thats why I made MODS. I like them. Sort of fun, but its all a matter of taste.

i will look into it. I thought ROMS were just for the original games. Like Terminator, or Scared Stiff. I know its a RAR file., the script extracts files from the RAR file during game play using PinMame. Making my own Roms for the games ? i would not know where to start. I did notice now that VPX 10.1 and 10.2 have Ultra DMD built in. 

I have played some VP9 games with roms and they play great. Many people always have difficulty with the roms, this is why I made a NO ROM version. Some people don't know what folder to put them in and such.

When I started playing these I didn't know there was a SOUND file that needs to be placed inside PinMame/sounds folder. So that was also difficult. 

Well, yes, your right. Roms does come from original games. So, making your own is not the solution. Tables without roms does of course exist. Originals, that you are making and Electro Mechanical ones ( pre. 1980s ). I don't know how much work it would be - but, there are a lot of VP9 tables that could benefit from becoming VPX. VPX plays much better IMO. Physmod5, a modification to VP9 is also great. The main problem I find with VP9 is the flipper physics. It ain't bad - but, not great either.

I wouldn't put so much into the fact that the tables requires a rom. The roms give you much for free. Rules, scoring, music etc. People are willing to help beginners, if they only ask.

Yes. There are many VP9 tables that can be vp10. Yeah ROMS are fine. They are usually very small files containing info that relates to the scripts. 

Although have you ever played a pinball game with original music and found the music terrible. I find a lot of the original tables to have boring music, Some of my mods have much better songs. Some pinball games that were made in the 70's dont even have music just bell sounds. Sure a few can be relaxing at times. But that is why i made the mods. To have better music and sort of go their own way. An upgrade to the original. Some people even mod real pinball games.. EXAMPLE 

MoonWalking Dead Pinball Machine featuring Michael Jackson

Oh yes. I saw that - and I have some versions of TWD ( rom mods I mean ) myself - that I find more enjoying than the originals. But, you know, I'm a pinball nerd. If a game from 1970 has annoying pling/plong sound, I find it to be ok. - probably because I used to play those games when I was young - a long time ago :-)

I think my first pinball game I played was Bride of Pinbot. It was during the 90s. I do know what you mean about some of those sounds.  Sometimes silence is nice. I was pointing out that MODS are all over the place. When some old machines would break we used to turn them into other machines. It is still going on today. 

Archived