VP & 7segment display & Pin2DMD

Joppnl

Hello,

first a big THANKS to all who made this fantastic product possible.

It looks fantastic on Visual Pinball, especially on DMD machines.

However, on original 7 segments display machines it doesn't display the display as they look originally although when the 7-segment display is being displayed on the backglass monitor it looks as it is original.

Is it possible to have the same look on the PIN2DMD display as it is in VP displayed on the backglassmonitor as is original?

Thanks!

• Content Provider

Sometimes the resolution of the display is not enough to display all characters. If you are more specific I can see what I can make,
even though this is not programmed by me, but taken over from the pindmd2 implementation in pinmame.

Well....that would be fantastic!

Here are some examples:

Bad Cats: as you can see: the original display (which is the Visual Pinball emulated display) is made of orange "stripes" where the PIN2DMD is made of white dots.

2016-10-2010_t.jpg

Funhouse: same (actually all displays of this type are being displayed this way:

2016-10-20100_t.jpg

If you take a close look you'll see that each character is build up by 14 individual segments (the dot not included)

2016-10-20101.jpg

I'm trying to make a drawing in paint.net with a 128*32 resolution but I see that the resolution is to low to make stripes (as a lot of dots could make stripes but not here....)

OK.  so, not possible and the only thing is changing the color to orange, no problem.

Archived