DOF issue #2: No flasher-feedback with otherwise working PinballX plugin

fuzgi

Hello everyone :)

First of all, thanks in advance to everyone helping me with this! I've been building a Pinball Cabinet for the past few months and I am getting close to "finishing" it. If you want to check it out, use this link. My Pinball Cabinet (updates to come when everything is working)

I am currently experiencing two issues with the Direct Output Framework. One shall be addressed here, the other one in this post: DOF issue #1: PWM-output on 2nd LEDWiz not working correctly I've been trying to solve these issues myself for the past few days/weeks, but failed, since I am not very experienced with DOF yet. I do not know whether these two issues are related.

---

DOF issue #2: No flasher-feedback with otherwise working PinballX Plugin

- The 5 flasher RGB toys (ports 1-15 on my 1st LEDWiz) do not light up when starting PinballX (with a working plugin installed) as a shell for my current user on my Windows 7 setup.

- All other toys or RGB toys connected to my two LEDWiz controllers and configured in the PinballX table in the DOF Config Tool work perfectly / with the other issue mentioned above. Those are: start button, exit button, genre button, wow to play button, coin button, both flipper contactors / and with the other issue mentioned above (only 7 colors): RGB flippers, RGB magnasave Left, RGB magnasave Right and RGB undercab complex.

- When running PinballX directly from desktop or any file manager (I like Total Commander) the 5 flasher RGB toys work as intended (show scrolling animation when selecting a different table in PinballX or going up/down in the menu), although the output only starts after about 5 seconds after PinballX loaded.

- When running PinballX as a shell, I first have to play a Table that uses DOF in order to get the 5 Flasher RGB toys working in the PinballX frontend (exiting the table back to PinballX, not restarting PinballX).

- In PinballX I have «Use DirectB2S in Front End» enabled in order to use the .b2s backglasses when scrolling tables.

---

Further information on this issue and my current DOF setup.

- I use this DOF R3 Beta version: DOF R3 Beta Build 5812.27024.

- I use this B2S Server version: B2S Server.

- I use a two identical GlobalConfig files (globalconfig_B2SServer.xml and globalconfig_PinballX.xml) and the ini-Files created by the DOF Config Tool (directoutputconfig.ini and directoutputconfig2.ini), but no Cabinet.xml or dedicated table config files.

- For now I only use 2 LEDWiz, which are listed in the «My Account» tab of the DOF Config Tool. A Teensy is supposed to be added soon.

---

Help required

As stated above, I am not very familiar with DOF yet and don't see a way to solve this issue myself. That's why I need your help and would greatly appreciate it. I feel that this issue, and the other one mentioned above, are limiting my experience while playing my Pinball Cabinet.

So, what can I do to help you guys to help me solve these issues? What additional information, logs, xml-Files, ini-Files, screenshots, videos etc. do you need? Or do you maybe already have a solution or know someone who had the same or similar issues?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks again in advance!

---

Best regards from Switzerland
fuzgi

• 9 months later...

Archived