SAM Build with modular DMD drivers for pindmd1,2,3 and PIN2DMD

lucky1

4 hours ago, freezy said:

Oh, right. I thought that was included in Windows 7. Sorry, my bad, I'll add a note to the install instructions. Thanks @Thalamus!

@freezy Your not alone on believing so :-) 

The vp all in one installer does a online inet-framework install. I guess I forgot that there are people who maybe haven't used that.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 8:15 AM, freezy said:

Is it the Direct2BS backglass or Hyperpin's background that stays on top?

It is the directB2S backglass that is staying on top even though it's set to show the DMD. This is not a Hyperpin issue. If I start a table by clicking direct on the .vpx file the DMD gets hidden by the backglass. If I start the table again from the editor it will sometimes stay on top?  

• Content Provider

I'll continue over here... I have win10 64bit. .net 4.6 is installed as a feature. I have the update for 4.6.1. And I have tried removing and reinstalling, but it results in the same crashes as before.
Edit: the dmdext test works fine, just the setup or VP crashes.

Thanks in advance for any further suggestions.

-Mike

4 hours ago, sliderpoint said:

I'll continue over here... I have win10 64bit. .net 4.6 is installed as a feature. I have the update for 4.6.1. And I have tried removing and reinstalling, but it results in the same crashes as before.
Edit: the dmdext test works fine, just the setup or VP crashes.

Thanks in advance for any further suggestions.

-Mike

Are you using this update? http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2728-sam-build-with-modular-dmd-drivers-for-pindmd123-and-pin2dmd/?do=findComment&comment=33674

12 hours ago, freelunch said:

I just had this *exact* same issue on a new Windows 10 install. Freezy pointed me to the same link and after dropping in the new DmdDevice.dll and dmdext.exe its working now. One thing I did notice now is that PIN2DMD.exe gives a "firmware version not supported " error when PIN2DMD is started without any parameters (to get to the GUI frontend)

btw, I'm still setting up my VPin PC. Have yet to test with any games or pinballx...

On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 0:54 PM, Andypc said:

It is the directB2S backglass that is staying on top even though it's set to show the DMD. This is not a Hyperpin issue. If I start a table by clicking direct on the .vpx file the DMD gets hidden by the backglass. If I start the table again from the editor it will sometimes stay on top?  

Any update or suggestions on this problem as it's driving me nuts. I don't have this issue with normal Vpinmame DMD's. Is this an issue with DMDdevice.dll or the backglass server? 

For those of you who didn't update the latest build I've posted here, it's now an official (bugfix) release: https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases

@Andypc: The "alwaysontop" parameter sets the window's Topmost property to true. That's a .NET thing. There might be better more reliable methods do achieve that. Feel free to open an issue at GitHub and I'll have a look at it when I have time.

I did a quick test this morning with PinballX before leaving to work and I had no videos on my DMDST32 with DMDExt DMDDevice.dll.

Putting back DMDDevice.dll from SAMbuild 2.9 and solved the "issue".

It's not a big issue as PinballX only displays videos on PinDMD devices.

I will do more testing ASAP ;)

++

Suddenly colored roms stopped working on my system as well, and now my pin2dmd flickers like crazy when starting the rom, The pin2dmd displays the pin2dmd logo without any problems, but when running the rom it flickers all the time :(

are my panels or "driver" board f'ed ? I have tried to reinstall and even a clean install but it still flickers.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Blashyrk said:

Suddenly colored roms stopped working on my system as well, and now my pin2dmd flickers like crazy when starting the rom, The pin2dmd displays the pin2dmd logo without any problems, but when running the rom it flickers all the time :(

are my panels or "driver" board f'ed ? I have tried to reinstall and even a clean install but it still flickers.

You also need to update your dmddevice.dll 

Archived