SAM Build with modular DMD drivers for pindmd1,2,3 and PIN2DMD

lucky1

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/15/2016 at 1:10 AM, lucky1 said:

Normally I would have to say no, because I got banned from VPF from the guy selling pindmd3, because pin2dmd is a competitive product. But since freezy unfortunately spent his money on the wrong product and we are working on this together, there is a pretty good chance you will see that coming. Who cares about the childish behavior of mister VPF anyways.

But we need the help of DJRobX to get this fully working. 

No shortage of drama in this hobby eh. As a user and not a contributor all efforts are really appreciated, I can't thank people enough. VPF is an easy forum to gravitate to, it is simply more active and has more content. It is there I read about the PINDMD3 before I had ever read about the PIN2DMD. I quite likely would have bough the PIN2DMD if I had read about it first... in the same way I went the Pinscape route to add my toys the PIN2DMD option just seems like more fun :). I've inquired about updates and more support for the PINDMD3 and those have yet to materialize. There has not been any updates since the initial release. Freezy's efforts really are what have made the PINDMD3 purchase worth buying at this point, dmdext and Cactus Canyon Continued is the best combo on my VP

On 16.12.2016 at 10:29 PM, lucky1 said:

No, but that indicates a file change which could matter.

well I give up, can't get it to work with the new vpinmame. Tried to reinstall the pin2dmd,changing driver with zadig, older version of vpinmame.dll,, placing it in the windows\system32 dir. Reinstalled my usb drivers, updated my bios, still it won't work.. :(

2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Could you try the demo dmddevice.dll from the official beta release on vpf

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063&page=1

Still the same error

2 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

Also, can you tell us precisely which beta build you are using. There are a lot of different ones floating around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm using vpinmame_sam2.45 build posted in this thread

• Content Provider
33 minutes ago, Blashyrk said:

Still the same error

All of the code from the various development branches have been merged at this point. This is the latest public build and includes the latest dmddevice.dll files straight from the official source. I can't say that it will produce a different result for you but at least then we'd be on the same page with regard to the program, and we'd be able to definitively exclude outdated files as the issue. 

Fine tuning for dmdext has started. I've added the DLL to the latest version I've just released, you can grab it here. If you have a PIN2DMD and have the coloring stuff set up, please give it a try, it should work the same. Bug reports in this thread (or on GitHub if you're courageous).

Cheers to Lucky1 for supplying me with documentation through the helpline. ;)

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, Blashyrk said:

Still the same error

O.K. that shows me that it is not a pin2dmd specific problem but a vpinmame.dll problem. 
Please try another version from Carny.

• Content Provider
15 minutes ago, freezy said:

Fine tuning for dmdext has started. I've added the DLL to the latest version I've just released, you can grab it here. If you have a PIN2DMD and have the coloring stuff set up, please give it a try, it should work the same. Bug reports in this thread (or on GitHub if you're courageous).

Cheers to Lucky1 for supplying me with documentation through the helpline. ;)

No prob mate ! 

• Content Provider

Cheers to Lucky1 for supplying me with documentation through the helpline. [emoji6]

I'm going to test as soon as I can. Currently running another SAM build. I don't think anything will get broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, freezy said:

Cool, lemme know how it goes!

Pretty epic! >4 shades rendered and colored roms on the virtual DMD (tried PinballMike's AC/DC)! Dots!

I only tested with the VPM Setup program, but it seems to be solid so far. Really excellent!

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, CarnyPriest said:

Pretty epic! >4 shades rendered and colored roms on the virtual DMD (tried PinballMike's AC/DC)! Dots!

I only tested with the VPM Setup program, but it seems to be solid so far. Really excellent!

Currently will not have the full color experience with pinball browser ROMs until the problem with SAM emulation is fixed,
but for testing Family guy should work pretty good.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, freezy said:

That's what @DJRobX is working on, right? :) 

Yes, since he is the only one who can read AT91 assembler language :D, but I try to help him as much as I can on that

And of course not to forget Oga83 who programmed pinballbrowser and is helping us with in depth info about his great work.

Some more updates:

• All physical devices are now supported. PinDMD3 users and PIN2DMD are welcome to test, PinDMD1+2 users can test too but obviously it won't do any coloring.
  • You can stream the DMD to an .avi file. In order to do so, set enabled = true under [video] in the DmdDevice.ini. If you add a file name under path, it'll use that, if you put nothing or a directory name, it'll be named <gamename>.avi.
  • Wherever you move the virtual DMD, it'll remember the position and size. You can also change it in the .ini (which gets updated when you move the DMD).

Just drop all 3 file into the VPM folder. If something goes wrong, check DmdDevice.log.

BTW, PinDMD3 users don't need pinDMD.dll anymore, this is now natively implemented.

dmddevice.zip

Freezy, it looks very nice!    Works in true fullscreen mode too.    

One request - can it be made to allow free stretching?   My DMD monitor has a weird aspect ratio, the DMD window needs to be roughly 1.5x the height (1024x400) to look right.

*Edit* I made a custom resolution of 1024x500 and it seems to be pretty close now.    Good stuff! 

Archived