SAM Build with modular DMD drivers for pindmd1,2,3 and PIN2DMD

lucky1

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't get my pin2dmd to work with the latest vpinmame, I also get the "no dmd device driver found" error, I placed the dmddevice.dll and libusbk.dll in my vpinmame folder. Tried to change the driver to winusb but no luck :(  I'm running the latest pin2dmd firmware, OS: Windows 7 64bit 

• Content Provider
On 2. Dezember 2016 at 6:15 PM, lucky1 said:

Another idea I have that is could be a problem if you are connected to a USB3 port. (which is supported by latest libusb but not by the older version)

I rembember one case where the user had to change bios settings to disable xHCI / eHCI etc to make it work.

Did you try this ?

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Blashyrk said:

Tried pindmd2, i have unblocked all the dll's

Pin2dmd.exe works, i can change colors etc

I have tired all the "new" vpinmame.dll's also.. It still gives me the same error

... and pindmd2 dmddevice.dll is also not working ? Please try setup.exe from pinmame and test a table if that works.

Do you use 64bit pinmame ?

• Content Provider
8 hours ago, Blashyrk said:

No luck with the pindmd2 version, I'm running 32bit vpinmame, I also tried to test a ROM through setup and I get the same error :(

That is really strange. Problem seems to be that vpinmame isn´t able to find or to load the dmddevice.dll. Just to make sure, is it located in the same directory with vpinmame.dll since that is where it is looking for. Can you make a screenshot of the error message ? What is the path of vpinmame.dll ?

10 hours ago, lucky1 said:

That is really strange. Problem seems to be that vpinmame isn´t able to find or to load the dmddevice.dll. Just to make sure, is it located in the same directory with vpinmame.dll since that is where it is looking for. Can you make a screenshot of the error message ? What is the path of vpinmame.dll ?

Path = D:\Visual Pinball\VPinMame\

error.jpg

On 12/13/2016 at 2:37 PM, freezy said:

This is actually pretty cool! :)

I tried the dmddevice.dll you attached previously... but it is looking for a PIN2DMD... any chance it could work with the PINDMD3? I'd like to see that colour on my display if at all possible.

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, roar said:

I tried the dmddevice.dll you attached previously... but it is looking for a PIN2DMD... any chance it could work with the PINDMD3? I'd like to see that colour on my display if at all possible.

Normally I would have to say no, because I got banned from VPF from the guy selling pindmd3, because pin2dmd is a competitive product. But since freezy unfortunately spent his money on the wrong product and we are working on this together, there is a pretty good chance you will see that coming. Who cares about the childish behavior of mister VPF anyways.

But we need the help of DJRobX to get this fully working. 

22 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Normally I would have to say no, because I got banned from VPF from the guy selling pindmd3, because pin2dmd is a competitive product. But since freezy unfortunately spent his money on the wrong product and we are working on this together, there is a pretty good chance you will see that coming. Who cares about the childish behavior of mister VPF anyways.

But we need the help of DJRobX to get this fully working. 

I'm glad I went with the Pin2DMD . I figured there was games happening on VPF when I was messaging a fellow member and the words Pin2DMD were marked with ***'s like it was a banned word. Such childish behaviour. There's some great forum members on that board, but after poking around the past year, the way that forum is run makes me think a bit. I'm glad I sourced my hardware from other suppliers and not them now. 

Archived