SAM Build with modular DMD drivers for pindmd1,2,3 and PIN2DMD

lucky1

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider
7 hours ago, bent98 said:

Ok great. Can you comment on the new xdmd dlls? They break pinballx dmd color image displaying when scrolling through the wheels

Is working on my system without problems. Do you have the dmddevice.dll in the same directory with the xdmd.dll ?

• Content Provider
17 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Is working on my system without problems. Do you have the dmddevice.dll in the same directory with the xdmd.dll ?

Ok i didnt have the dmddevice.dll in same folder. I tried also replacing the XMD.dll in my Vp folder where vp tables like america's haunted us xdmd to display the dmd in game. With the new dll placved there the DMD is single color only..

• Content Provider

This message is for Lucky.

I just noticed when using the new version of the Xdmd.dlls when you have a dmd color image displaying on the screen when browsing and you launch a EM game the logo  disappears. Thats a bug as the old ones leave the image  on the screen,

Just so you know, I have my XML configured correctly - HideDMD to false and I also have the B2S DMD hidden as well. 

• Content Provider

Hi,

it may have been suitable for you  but it is not intended that content of one application stays on the display when another application takes over.
When one application closes the connection , a clear screen is sent. You can add a line to your script that displays the content you want to see when the EM table is launch to have your display back again.

• Content Provider

The point of hidedmd XML entry was not so the frontend doesnt clear the entry. This was done so the image would remain. 

When you say add line to your script, what script are you talking about?

• Content Provider

Unless I am not understanding and I apologize in advance but thats taking a step back and makes no sense.. I have over 200 tables on my cabinet that dont use a dmd during game play. To go into each table and add a script so the table shows a static image that the front end is already diaplying is maddess. There needs to be a command switch that is built into PBX to not clear. Right now when theres a static image displaying in PBX wheel browsing and then the table uses vpinmame the pinmame dmd will overtake the static image tha'ts on the screen. Then wen exiting the table, pinmame will release and PBX and XDMD will take back over when back in FE.

• Content Provider

Changing this on the driver side would mean that you have garbage on the screen in other circumstances.

Is pindmd2/3 or onscreen dmd behaving the same way under pinballX or was it just the combination of pin2dmd and old pbx driver implementation behaving that way ?

So you are saying you have over 200 individual dmd images for those tables ? Did you share your work anywhere ?

• Content Provider

Not talking about personal concepts here. With the new driver interface we have to make sure that every device behaves the same.

If pindmd3 and virtual dmd etc behave the same we need to change pbx, If not I need to change the driver.

• Content Provider

ok then. The code seems to be already built into PBX as the has the "hide DMD" true or false in the front end so if you can work with Tom to add a command to the next XDMD to accommodate that should solve for it.

On 9-12-2016 at 9:26 PM, bent98 said:

I just noticed when using the new version of the Xdmd.dlls when you have a dmd color image displaying on the screen when browsing and you launch a EM game the logo  disappears. Thats a bug as the old ones leave the image  on the screen,

I would like to say I strongly agree with bent98.

On tables without dmd I use a company logo in PBX to show. When starting the table the logo remains being displayed on the dmd, very good option and it would be a pity when just a blank dmd shows up.

So it would be great if this option remains valid in the updates,  thank you!

• Content Provider
On 10.12.2016 at 2:56 PM, lucky1 said:

I´m not sure wether hide dmd was meant for that purpose. Maybe you can find out wether pindmd3 or pindmd2 did behave the same way in the old version.

I made a test myself with the onscreen DMD from pinballx, which also gets cleared when opening a table. So it seems to me that the old xdmd.dll had a bug which was helpful to get the described behavior, but this was not a feature. To have it done right we should have a solution that is working for all solutions (onscreen, pindmd ,pin2dmd etc) and is not device dependent. 

Here is a modified driver which seems to react the way you like to have it.

dmddevice.zip

Archived