lucky1

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
52 minutes ago, CarnyPriest said:

YES!

:D

And that means being able to run the patched full color code that used to run only on pin2dmd (in a future update). But right now it means running outside of the VPM renderer (dots instead of square pixels, > 4 shades, etc.) Really good stuff!

That is awesome.

• Content Provider

I finally got this working with my 3rd screen, pinmame with dmdext with the pretty dots!

I had the simple 4 colour stuff working before....but now I'm getting just orange no matter what I do.

Can we change the colours from PinMAME still...or do we need to do something else for this to work now.

Also...the full colour support (beyond 4 shade). Is that working now for virtual dmd users , or is that in an upcoming update?

Hi Lucky1,

I have a question : I've tested the VPX 10.2 AIO installer and my UltraDMD setup became corrupted and had to reinstall it.

It worked again, but I had no display on my Pin2DMD until I copied dmddevice.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\UltraDMD (I'm using v1.4).

Is it the right thing to do ?

I thought only xDMD.dll and xDMDNative.dll were enough ?

Thanks and merry Christmas ;)

++

• Content Provider

I created a modified xdmd and xdmdnative.dll which use the dmddevice drivers. I forwarded the code for that to tom . Compiled Version is in the zip of the first post. All my dmddevice dolls should work out of system32 . Don't know about freezys .

Thanks Carny ;)

It seems this release makes VPM crash when testing a SAM ROM in VPM's setup.exe.

We are two three guys on a french forum who encounter the same issue : launch setup.exe, choose a SAM ROM, click Test and setup.exe crashes.

Also VP crashes when you launch a SAM ROM table.

++

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, CarnyPriest said:

New name - still supports your SAM based favorites

Same here...Walking Dead LE crashes....if I put DJRob's latest DLL back it works fine.

Could you help clarify what I asked earlier?

I'm using dmdext with the newest vpinmame on my 3rd screen....and it works great.....lovely crisp dots... but I can only get orange for colours on every thing. Is this normal? Or do we have to wait for an update to allow for custom colours?

• Content Provider
44 minutes ago, shadowshd said:

Thanks Carny ;)

It seems this release makes VPM crash when testing a SAM ROM in VPM's setup.exe.

We are two three guys on a french forum who encounter the same issue : launch setup.exe, choose a SAM ROM, click Test and setup.exe crashes.

Also VP crashes when you launch a SAM ROM table.

++

Modified Sam roms need jit Compiler to be disabled in the registry . 

• Content Provider

It's back.

Source code is already into the next beta cycle! The install program will say that you are installing 2.9, but this dll is functionally the same as 2.8!

Let us know if you run into serious sound issues with WPC. It's not an issue I've experienced, but if it is happening DJRobX may need to do a build using VC2010. .

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, TerryRed said:

Same here...Walking Dead LE crashes....if I put DJRob's latest DLL back it works fine.

Could you help clarify what I asked earlier?

I'm using dmdext with the newest vpinmame on my 3rd screen....and it works great.....lovely crisp dots... but I can only get orange for colours on every thing. Is this normal? Or do we have to wait for an update to allow for custom colours?

Still on the bleeding edge. The beta I tested last week seemed to display orange instead of white on the colored AC/DC code. Last I heard, full color mod support was still a WIP. I don't know about today's build. It's in the official VPM package. Give it a try and tell us if it is working yet or not.

We are many with the problem on www.PincapPassion.net , razorbaxx , firebrand007 , many different config , the most table to bug is super mario bros 1.3 from nizzuzu , i'll test with an A8 4ghz with gtx750ti , an i5 6600k with gtx750ti too , i had others config to test , but this bug is not present if i use an old vpinmame before september .

Well I don't want to hijack the thread but this morning I encountered this kind of things :

- I launched STLE and couldn't launch a game or add credits.

- I quit VPX and relaunch the table, backglass and playfield appear, but no display on my Pin2DMD, screens turn black, I cannot Ctrl+Alt+Del nor Alt+Tab, I must power cycle my cab.

- I then launched Metallica and got the exact same behavior.

What is strange is that it seems to happen only with SAM tables : I was able to play Medieval Madness X Toy Mod then Super Mario Bros (for which I don't seem to have any problem - I've just made a 86 million score and didn't notice any stuttering or sound bug / Core i7-4770+Geforce 1060 6Gb+16 Gb RAM+SSD) without any issue.

I'm trying right now with the latest VPM by DJRobX to see if it's related to SAMbuild or something else.

Thanks and merry Christmas ;)

1 hour ago, peskopat said:

We are many with the problem on www.PincapPassion.net , razorbaxx , firebrand007 , many different config , the most table to bug is super mario bros 1.3 from nizzuzu , i'll test with an A8 4ghz with gtx750ti , an i5 6600k with gtx750ti too , i had others config to test , but this bug is not present if i use an old vpinmame before september .

just out of curiosity: is this also the case if you guys use the official VPM2.8 build from vpforums?

Archived