sharkky

Spiderman Vault Edition smanve_101c

Hi - what do you do with the patch file?   I have not done this before.  i have v2.33 firmware in my pin2dmd.  Any links to a tutorial please??

Is there a reason why you have to supply a pstch and can not just upload the finished .bin file? 
Plus are there any alterations in VPX you have to alter in the script of the table to get it to work.

I am a novice with this so if someone can explain it in easy steps that would help!

I had to rename the provided .dat file to pin2dmd.pal to get it to work for me with the pinDMD3. This is just AMAZING (Pin intended?) work! Love it, now to find a vault edition b2s to go along with this awesome work.

hi guys, thanks a lot to sharkky for this amazing work, i tried it on my smve real pinball but i had problems...

time ago i've done this work for my metallica pinball but i had to do a completely different procedure.

now i followed what you said on the top of the post but it didn't  work.

i downloaded the .bin from stern site, then i patched it with bspatch as told in readme file.

it generates a .bin file 1M bigger then the original. i put it in a usb card and then tryed to flash on my pinball.

when it goes to verify image it tells me it's wrong and it give me "error code 8".

did i do something wrong?

The ROM images you get with the patch don´t work for real pinball machines because they use the commpatch from
pinball browser which is bound to the serial number of the machine. For real pinball machines you need a ROM image
created with your serial number and a connection from the SAM mainboard to a pin2dmd V3 controller. To create such
a unique patch you need a licensed version of pinball browser and the macro file from sharkky. We are not uploading
macros anymore since there has been commercial use of the work done by the colorization artists. 

ok, so it was right i had to do a different procedure...

now i have the licensed version of pinball browser, i just need the macro file from sharkky.

now it's clear to me... thanks.

This patch is for V-Pins only. For real pinball machines you need to have the pinballbrowser PBM file from the author to patch it for the serial number of your machine.

You also need a serial connection from the controller to the SAM board. For V3 shields you need a cable from pinheader to SUB-D9 connector. For older shields you need a TTL converter from eBay and connect it to these pins.

B6 - USART1 TX to Max232
B7 - USART1 RX to Max232

Search for DB9 TTL on eBay 

For the macro files please contact the author