Spiderman Vault Edition smanve_101c

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi - what do you do with the patch file?   I have not done this before.  i have v2.33 firmware in my pin2dmd.  Any links to a tutorial please??

Is there a reason why you have to supply a pstch and can not just upload the finished .bin file? 
Plus are there any alterations in VPX you have to alter in the script of the table to get it to work.

I am a novice with this so if someone can explain it in easy steps that would help!

• 2 weeks later...

I had to rename the provided .dat file to pin2dmd.pal to get it to work for me with the pinDMD3. This is just AMAZING (Pin intended?) work! Love it, now to find a vault edition b2s to go along with this awesome work.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, thanks a lot to sharkky for this amazing work, i tried it on my smve real pinball but i had problems...

time ago i've done this work for my metallica pinball but i had to do a completely different procedure.

now i followed what you said on the top of the post but it didn't  work.

i downloaded the .bin from stern site, then i patched it with bspatch as told in readme file.

it generates a .bin file 1M bigger then the original. i put it in a usb card and then tryed to flash on my pinball.

when it goes to verify image it tells me it's wrong and it give me "error code 8".

did i do something wrong?

• Content Provider

The ROM images you get with the patch don´t work for real pinball machines because they use the commpatch from
pinball browser which is bound to the serial number of the machine. For real pinball machines you need a ROM image
created with your serial number and a connection from the SAM mainboard to a pin2dmd V3 controller. To create such
a unique patch you need a licensed version of pinball browser and the macro file from sharkky. We are not uploading
macros anymore since there has been commercial use of the work done by the colorization artists. 

• 2 months later...
  • Content Provider

This patch is for V-Pins only. For real pinball machines you need to have the pinballbrowser PBM file from the author to patch it for the serial number of your machine.

You also need a serial connection from the controller to the SAM board. For V3 shields you need a cable from pinheader to SUB-D9 connector. For older shields you need a TTL converter from eBay and connect it to these pins.

B6 - USART1 TX to Max232
B7 - USART1 RX to Max232

Search for DB9 TTL on eBay 

For the macro files please contact the author

• 9 months later...

Last month I bought a real Spiderman Vault edition. I already installed a PIN2DMD and I found out that Sharky already did the colorisation. Great job, looks really stunning:). I tried to contact Sharky for the file but unfortunately no response yet. Is there someone else who can help me? 

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, karlson18 said:

Download link is in the first post u have to patch the original rom using the color patching tool find it under tools.

The V-Pin patches will not work properly on real pinball machines because the serial side channel patch from pinball browser checks  for the serial number of the SAM MPU. You will get wrong palette assignments to different scenes if the serial number does not match.

First of all I want to thank Lucky for his help.

Because the SM Vault has a S.A.M. system you have to create a serial connection between the S.A.M. board and the PIN2DMD. Unfortunately I have a V2 PIN2DMD with a DMD ST32 board from Pinballsp and it`s really difficult to solder the cables on this print. It`s much easier to do this on a V3 or V4 as I understood from Lucky so I think I`m going to save for a new one;)

• 4 months later...

I tried with the files at the beginning of the post and it does not work for me, my SMVE is the European version and it gives error 7, some problem with the amount of memory ..... I do not know if they are working on solving it, but I would be grateful if that were the case .pay my license for pin2dmd to lucky1 and also buy my pinballbrowser license, but I can not get my SMVE to work with my pin2dmd.and now I see that I need Sharky macro files ... which are not available ... ... can someone help me or everything go through a colorization by hand ... that I can not use later because of an extended memory that does not fit in the European rom?

• Content Provider

I know that Oga83 is working on the new memory usage routine for pinball browser. There may also be a alternative method to free up some memory in the ROM by extracting scenes from pinballbrowser modified ROM and insert them into pin2dmd editor. What I would need for that is a complete gameplay pinmame recording (dump) with the original ROM and the colorized ROM. Maybe somebode can jump in and do the recordings

although I am glad to know that he is listening, he is working on this problem and I do not have the slightest idea of how to do this that you tell me. I am willing to learn and try. Any tutorial that is available on how to extract scenes with PB and how to insert them in pin2dmd editor, will be well received, taking into account that I start from scratch and did not know these great programs until a few months ago .....

• Content Provider

You can´t extract scenes from pinball browser directly. You need to play the table with visual pinball or better throw the ball using the debug function of visual pinball one time with the colored rom and another time with the original rom. I don´t expect you to do this but maybe someone else from the forum jumps in to do this on his virtual pinball machine. You can´t do this on your real pinball machine because the modified ROM is not working on it.