Code change to enable SAM LE driver board support

DJRobX

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like PinMame didn't get updated correctly.    The slow DMD frames is what happens with old VPM's that don't support the serial protocol used for the lighting.   And of course, if you don't receive the lighting, you don't see any GI in TWD, nor most lights in ST:LE.

Woo hoo you were right. Thank you! I just need to get the table lights working on ST but the GI lighting is working. And walking dead is awesome! Thank you again.

42 minutes ago, umpa said:

Woo hoo you were right. Thank you! I just need to get the table lights working on ST but the GI lighting is working. And walking dead is awesome! Thank you again.

If the ST:LE table lights aren't working your B2S probably now needs to be updated. ;)

• Content Provider
8 hours ago, Johngreve said:

Ok....I installed it in Computer/local disc/ windows

is that the right place?

You stored it in that place? To install it you need to execute the file.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=217865

You can also use that link and choose you OS language

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=26767

7 hours ago, lucky1 said:

You stored it in that place? To install it you need to execute the file.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=217865

You can also use that link and choose you OS language

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=26767

Yes.....it was stored there but when in the download process I was asked if I wanted to "run" the file. I'm not an IT guy by any stretch of the imagination. In IT lingo is "run" the same as "install"? I said yes when prompted.

To execute files I'm used to clicking on the .exe extension and clicking "run". I did not do that as I thought that happened automatically when I was asked if I wanted to "install" the file.

Do you feel confident that this is the 100% fix to my problem? The reason I ask is once this is installed correctly if I go back and try to install the latest versions of VPM it should work? If it doesn't work then that would mean I don't have installed properly.

or once this is installed correctly are there additional steps necessary?

i apologize for my lack of knowledge in the IT field.....and want to thank you for you patience while I wade through this. there's a reason that the IT folks are professional and do this for a living. This is complicated stuff.....sorry to be a pain

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, lucky1 said:

The patch adresses a problem with Windows7 and LoadLibraryEx which we use to load the DLL which may be the root of your problem.

Find attached a version of vpinmame which uses old LoadLibray command alternatively if LoadLibraryEx fails. Problem with that
is that you have to copy your dmddevice.dll to the current working directory (e.g. tables folder for vpx) to make it work.

For a first test copy your dmddevice.dll in the vpinmame folder and use setup->test to see if you still get dmddevice not found error.

VPinMAME.dll

If that vpinmame.dll works the patch should also fix your problem

2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

If that vpinmame.dll works the patch should also fix your problem

Ok....the .dll you attached worked in conjunction with dmddevice.dll(v2) when placed in my VPinMame directory!

encouraging progress?

Im still unsure about whether I have the Windows7 update installed correctly or whether I even downloaded the correct one.There are quite a few Windows 7 updates to choose from.  Once I downloaded the file and copied it to my Windows directory there was nothing that I could see to click" run" or "execute" I did some reading in the support topic but to be honest what they tell you you need to do and what really happens seems to be two different things.

I downloaded the file called"Update for Windows 7" no idea if that's correct or not..there was another choice called"Update for Windows 7 for x64 based systems". Is that for 64 bit systems? Did I grab the right one?

Anywhoo....when I go into the Windows folder and click on the download file I placed there it does a quick search and says it's already installed on my computer. Is that telling me that I'm good to go?

Edit: I got it! Went back and discovered that I had to "unblock" the update file. Tried out a handful of the latest tables and they all seem to be working for me using the lates VPM version 121616. 

Thanks so much Lucky......you really saved my bacon....and thanks to you DJRobX for passing me along to Lucky. You guys  are a real Godsend to the community...so awesome to have a support group like we can find here.....hope the day comes where I know enough to be able to help others out.

I'm going to say  the problem has been resolved and close out the work ticket!

Thanks for all the work and updates by everyone.

I don't know if I should post here -dead now that 2.8 is released- or not. No matter what I try, I am getting the .NET Framework error with all these new tables. I previously tried the updated server file posted on page 13. I also used the 1.3.0.2 recently posted. Any ideas? Windows 10, 64 bit. Tables seem to work.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "

1 hour ago, Vizzini said:

Thanks for all the work and updates by everyone.

I don't know if I should post here -dead now that 2.8 is released- or not. No matter what I try, I am getting the .NET Framework error with all these new tables. I previously tried the updated server file posted on page 13. I also used the 1.3.0.2 recently posted. Any ideas? Windows 10, 64 bit. Tables seem to work.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "

Update your B2S with the one in the first post of this thread.   That error is exactly what it solves.  You may need to ensure you don't have another copy of it registered elsewhere on your machine. 

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, toxie said:

For all you guys that have sound troubles/stuttering with the VPM2.8 build, could you please test the builds in here: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=36659&p=366475

(and give feedback either there or here in this thread? Thanks!)

Can you give some details what the difference ebtween those builds is ?

O2 uses O2 optimization level instead of Ox for the compiler (does almost change nothing in practice though with my VC2013).

Oversleep uses DJRobXs suggestion to disable the SwitchToThread() completely (already included in the official source).

Yield uses the old uSleep code but just replaces SwitchToThread() with YieldProcessor() (also already included in the official source).

Fastsinc replaces the medium quality resampler with the faster resampler.

• Content Provider

Hi, I've updated SAMbuild28. 

It is compiled with VC2010 using settings from DJRobX. It may be the build most compatible with people's various hardware configurations with regard to these sound issues. At least, this is much like DJRobX's 1216 build. It will install as Version 2.8.

If there continue to be issues with your system, then try the attached build based on VC2015 and using default compiler settings straight from the official source. Please let us know what you find.

Rename to VPinMAME.dll and overwrite the old version. Run Setup.exe and click the "Install" button.

Also, please participate in testing toxie's builds (look up three posts in this thread). He is going deeper to try to improve these issues for everyone. 

VPinMAME_VC2015.dll

Toxie, Carnypriest, thanks for the continued efforts, it's really nice to keep trying to find solutions for us. On my end I did a very quick try, replacing the vpinmame dll and running the table/exiting to editor after a few seconds, I tried all of these alternative dlls, but unfortunately the problem was still there on Super Mario.

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

@toxie where did you make the change for fastsync ? 

O.K. found it ! In mixer.c I changed from MEDIUM to FAST and activated the fast code in libsamplerate following your remarks.

Together with 32khz smb is working fine again.

What are the drawbacks ?

Archived