Code change to enable SAM LE driver board support

DJRobX

1 hour ago, umpa said:

I have weird issue I updated my cab with the files listed in the first post now none of my contactors and lights work. They do work outside of vpx. Any ideas did I miss something?

One of the files is an updated DOF.   If you were not running DOF R3 previously, it might not work the same.   Despite suggestions that you can just drop DOF R3 over DOF R2,  mine did not work until I changed the LedWizEquivalent to ID #40 in my cabinet config. 

it also starts picking up the config file as "directoutputconfig40.ini" instead of just "directoutputconfig.ini".  

Your DOF log will probably tell us more.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of the files is an updated DOF.   If you were not running DOF R3 previously, it might not work the same.   Despite suggestions that you can just drop DOF R3 over DOF R2,  mine did not work until I changed the LedWizEquivalent to ID #40 in my cabinet config. 

it also starts picking up the config file as "directoutputconfig40.ini" instead of just "directoutputconfig.ini".  

Your DOF log will probably tell us more.

Ok. I will take alook. Maybe I need to install DOF3. Thabks for the tip I will let you know what happens!

Yeah best thing to do is grab the Dof R3 package and install that and make sure it's working.  Then replace the DLL with the one I posted.    It took me a long time to identify the LedWizEquivalent id # thing as the problem.    I finally stumbled on a post from Randr with his working config that had the difference in it.  

Yeah best thing to do is grab the Dof R3 package and install that and make sure it's working.  Then replace the DLL with the one I posted.    It took me a long time to identify the LedWizEquivalent id # thing as the problem.    I finally stumbled on a post from Randr with his working config that had the difference in it.  

Just want to make sure I get the latest version. Is this the correct version? R3 Beta build 5812.27024.

2 hours ago, DJRobX said:

I posted a link to Lucky's thread.  You'll find the files there.   This board software makes links to other threads so fancy that they don't look like links.   I'm attaching the file from his first post to make it easier.

There are 4 possibilities (PinDMD v1, v2, v3 and Pin2DMD), you can just try each one until you find the one that works. 

vpinmame_sam_2.45_DMDDevice.zip

Ok... thanks for making it easier for me to get the link. I'm really grateful for your sticking with me here.

I tried all of the possibilities one at a time with no success Still get the no DMD device driver error code.I forgot to unblock the files and thought that was the problem. I went back and tried each one again one at a time making sure to unblock them once installed. still no dice....dang it.. 

Just to make sure I did this correctly I unzipped the download....then took the contents of each folder and placed them in to the PinMame directory. That is correct? 

I've  got to be doing something stupidly wrong over and over again.

At least for now I can continue to play on that VPM version that I mentioned above. ?I'm afraid that sooner or later my luck will run out if I can't update to the more recent versions of VPM.

You're supposed to copy a dmddevice.dll that matches your hardware into the VPinMame folder.  So dmddevice.dll should be in the same directory as vpinmame.dll.      Once you do that it should work.   You might also try freezy's beta test dmddevice that you can get here which is supposed to work with all types.

@lucky1 - Can you help @Johngreve here?    Since I don't have a hardware DMD device, I don't really know what was changed with your updates, so I'm really the wrong person to be helping him with this one. :)

Nu

23 minutes ago, DJRobX said:

You're supposed to copy a dmddevice.dll that matches your hardware into the VPinMame folder.  So dmddevice.dll should be in the same directory as vpinmame.dll.      Once you do that it should work.   You might also try freezy's beta test dmddevice that you can get here which is supposed to work with all ty

Thanks I'll give that a shot a little later. I understand what your saying about the correct .dll for the hardware type. Another problem of mine is determining what hardware type I have. How is that determined? I bought the cabinet...didn't build it. It's a Virtua pin cabinet. Maybe some other members can help me out where with that info.

I have a two monitor setup with a real pin DMD....does that narrow things down at all. This is something I've wondered as long as I've been at this which is a bit less than a year and a half. That's something a guy needs to know.......to eliminate problems like this.?

Thanks for your continued patience and persistence.?

4 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Most likely a pindmdV2

Thanks Lucky....

any chance you've read the above postings from myself and DJRobX's attempts to help me get the latest versions of VPM running? 

If so do you have any suggestions that would help? The only version that works for me yet is ver102416b which I installed to get Frens Star Trek backglass to work. That seems to work just fine on all the tables including the Stern LE tables. Though it probably doesn't enable all the features. I am seeing the color changing LEDs in those table though. Without being able to run the latest VPM I guess I'm not able to take advantage of the recent features like modulating flashes.

thanks for any and all help you can offer. ?

• Content Provider

4 hours ago, Johngreve said:

Thanks Lucky....

any chance you've read the above postings from myself and DJRobX's attempts to help me get the latest versions of VPM running? 

If so do you have any suggestions that would help? The only version that works for me yet is ver102416b which I installed to get Frens Star Trek backglass to work. That seems to work just fine on all the tables including the Stern LE tables. Though it probably doesn't enable all the features. I am seeing the color changing LEDs in those table though. Without being able to run the latest VPM I guess I'm not able to take advantage of the recent features like modulating flashes.

thanks for any and all help you can offer. ?

I only can help you with dmddevice.dll issues since it is the only thing I´m involved in.

Do you still have any issues with that or just some tables which don´t work ?

39 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

I only can help you with dmddevice.dll issues since it is the only thing I´m involved in.

Do you still have any issues with that or just some tables which don´t work ?

Yes.....I'm trying all the available DMD device.dll drivers that DJROBX suggested I try and I continue to get the "no DMD device driver found" error. I also just tried freezy's "DmdDmevice.dll" that is supposed to work with any version of PinDMD with no success. 

I don't know exactly what's going on here....I must have something in the wrong place or missing something and am not experienced enough to recognize that fact?

When I install the latest versions of VPM like ver121616 I get the "no device drive error found" I've tried all the drivers that DJROBX pointed me to. 

The latest version of VPM that I can get to work is 102416b dated 10/25. The latest builds dated 121616 Just will not work for me regardless of any dmddevice.dll I try. Always get the no DMD device driver not found. 

I'm running VP10.2 rev2877

samPinMame ver2.45d. Earlier builds of samPinMame work as long as the VPinMame.dll packed in the zip file is dated before 10/25. I guess that not a huge problem for now but I'm going to be missing out on features that are built into it moving forward.

the dmddevice .dll and the VPinMame.dll are both in Program Files/Visual Pinball/VPinMame directory All .dll files are unblocked.

Do you see something out of the ordinary here? 

Thanks for being willing to lend a hand here because this is above my pay grade...?

• Content Provider
11 minutes ago, Johngreve said:

Yes.....I'm trying all the available DMD device.dll drivers that DJROBX suggested I try and I continue to get the "no DMD device driver found" error. I also just tried freezy's "DmdDmevice.dll" that is supposed to work with any version of PinDMD with no success. 

I don't know exactly what's going on here....I must have something in the wrong place or missing something and am not experienced enough to recognize that fact?

When I install the latest versions of VPM like ver121616 I get the "no device drive error found" I've tried all the drivers that DJROBX pointed me to. 

The latest version of VPM that I can get to work is 102416b dated 10/25. The latest builds dated 121616 Just will not work for me regardless of any dmddevice.dll I try. Always get the no DMD device driver not found. 

I'm running VP10.2 rev2877

samPinMame ver2.45d. Earlier builds of samPinMame work as long as the VPinMame.dll packed in the zip file is dated before 10/25. I guess that not a huge problem for now but I'm going to be missing out on features that are built into it moving forward.

the dmddevice .dll and the VPinMame.dll are both in Program Files/Visual Pinball/VPinMame directory All .dll files are unblocked.

Do you see something out of the ordinary here? 

Thanks for being willing to lend a hand here because this is above my pay grade...

What OS do you have ?

19 minutes ago, umpa said:

Quick question I updated my cab with all the files in the first thread and vpx 2881. I can play tables and have dof but no GI lighting just the regular playfield lighting. Anyone seen this before?

No GI lighting on what table?   GI lighting is really table specific. 

No GI lighting on what table?   GI lighting is really table specific. 

Oh sorry I've tried walking dead LE and star trek LE. I know I must not have installed something correctly as I just updated all the files yesterday. The walking dead plays with regular table lighting but no GI and also on both tables the dmd is real slow between balls and at the end during match sequence.

Sounds like PinMame didn't get updated correctly.    The slow DMD frames is what happens with old VPM's that don't support the serial protocol used for the lighting.   And of course, if you don't receive the lighting, you don't see any GI in TWD, nor most lights in ST:LE.

Archived