Code change to enable SAM LE driver board support

DJRobX

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Yes, it appears the build is bad. The last one where I can get output is v2.43 on 10/31. Use that one. Not many new sets uploaded since then, but they are verified good through Setup --> Test.

I have not been able to achieve a build at all on pinmame.exe since 11/5. 

8 hours ago, Thalamus said:

Huh. pinmame.exe --listxml = no output.

Anyone else ?

Hi Thalamus - I don't know if you caught Toxie's message but he's asking if you can test his official VPM build to see if it has a performance problem or not on your system.   It seems both Carny and I build with 2015, so we want to know if you have a problem with Toxie's 2013 build.    You won't get Sam from his build of course, but it will help us determine the best method for official builds.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063&page=1 

If you linked correctly to an updated on vpf - well, then it is no go. I believe you wanted me to eg. test Surf'n Safari because its been compiled by toxie ?

- I didn't find any msg from toxie asking, thats why I'm unsure :)

It has same - if not more studder and problems. ( hard to tell really - its bad )

btw. the short test - looks only to be related to sound.

Hello,
I have the same stutter issue on Super Mario VPX 1.2 or 1.3 since I updated to the latest 2.45 b or 2.45c vpinmame (if I revert back to 2.27 it works fine). I'm running VPX10.2 rev 2847, on a win7 64 bit machine. Let us know if we can test some tweaks or if you need further information. It seems that these sound loop issues happen on a couple of other tables according to another user (scared stiff / circus voltaire) but I didn't experience this myself.

1 hour ago, toxie said:

as there is not much movement usually on the official VPM thread: could somebody please test pistol poker if it releases the ball on game start?

Hi Toxie,

I tried my build, Carny's build, and your beta VPM build.   Pistol Poker works fine on all of them for me.   I even checked R01 and R02 of the ROM.   All good.

10 minutes ago, firebrand007 said:

Thanks Thalamus for the suggestion. I uninstalled vpinmame / reinstalled the  112816 vpinmame, but still have sound repeating itself on super mario . I noticed that it seemed a bit less pronounced than with 2.45c, though.

What CPU and OS are you using?

Super mario will loop if your CPU isn't quite keeping up.   I exposed a new setting in the VPinmame registry you can try disabling.   Just run the attached .reg file.   If you are using ddraw=0 keep in mind that the newer VPM builds need a LOT more cpu than they used to. 

lltoff.zip

• Content Provider
On 12/5/2016 at 8:46 AM, CarnyPriest said:

Yes, it appears the build is bad. The last one where I can get output is v2.43 on 10/31. Use that one. Not many new sets uploaded since then, but they are verified good through Setup --> Test.

I have not been able to achieve a build at all on pinmame.exe since 11/5. 

Current to today's commits, r4127.

It works for me.

PinMAME.exe

• Content Provider

Well, I was working on this build anyway. The only difference with VPM from the DJRobX build is the compiler. This used VS2015. It might be good to see why there are performance issues for some and not others based on compiler or compiler settings. 

The zip contains the latest dmddevice builds from the official source.

PinMAME_SAM_2.45d.zip

7 hours ago, DJRobX said:

Hi Toxie,

I tried my build, Carny's build, and your beta VPM build.   Pistol Poker works fine on all of them for me.   I even checked R01 and R02 of the ROM.   All good.

What CPU and OS are you using?

Super mario will loop if your CPU isn't quite keeping up.   I exposed a new setting in the VPinmame registry you can try disabling.   Just run the attached .reg file.   If you are using ddraw=0 keep in mind that the newer VPM builds need a LOT more cpu than they used to. 

lltoff.zip

I'll try this when i can , thanks , we are a few people to have this problem on Pincab passion's forum , on smb 1..3 to me and others

Archived