Code change to enable SAM LE driver board support

DJRobX

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Without the DOF update you may hear doubled flipper contactor sounds, but it shouldn't affect the actual flipping on the table.

Umpa, what are your system specs?  (CPU/graphics)

I have an i5 gtx970, 8 gb ram, Windows 10. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen. I read over in the walking dead thread on the other forum that someone else was having same issue. I must have something misconfigured. Like I said I just see this on the recent stern tables not on any others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sure I will give it a try

Same issue after installing. When you push the flipper button the flipper swings out twice very fast. If you hold the button in to try and catch a ball is when it acts like this. Again not every time but it does happen. Thanks for the help!

• Content Provider

Just TWD LE or others?

I just tried TWD LE with the VC2010 build. I initially had sticky left flipper as well. I closed down all other unnecessary apps/windows I had running in the background except for the command line. That pretty much solved the issue for me. This is launching with PinballX. My cab is dedicated. I don't typically install or execute anything in the background that I don't absolutely need.

I know Dozer and team optimized the table a LOT. Earlier versions were not playable for me. That doesn't mean that this is now anywhere close to a lightweight table now. You may still need to do some extra tuning. In the Table Options, you can dial back on the Elements Details Level slider or disable AA/AO. I haven't looked but there may be table timers that could be further adjusted. Try testing lower resolution?

If all else fails then reboot.

By the way, I run an i5, GTX 660, 8Gb

I don't believe my specs are as good as yours. My machine is getting close to 4 years old. I run 4K DSR and consequently I disable all VP AA. Maybe you should look into that. On net, using DSR may be cheaper than AA resource wise.

Just TWD LE or others?

I just tried TWD LE with the VC2010 build. I initially had sticky left flipper as well. I closed down all other unnecessary apps/windows I had running in the background except for the command line. That pretty much solved the issue for me. This is launching with PinballX. My cab is dedicated. I don't typically install or execute anything in the background that I don't absolutely need.

I know Dozer and team optimized the table a LOT. Earlier versions were not playable for me. That doesn't mean that this is now anywhere close to a lightweight table now. You may still need to do some extra tuning. In the Table Options, you can dial back on the Elements Details Level slider or disable AA/AO. I haven't looked but there may be table timers that could be further adjusted. Try testing lower resolution?

If all else fails then reboot.

By the way, I run an i5, GTX 660, 8Gb

I don't believe my specs are as good as yours. My machine is getting close to 4 years old. I run 4K DSR and consequently I disable all VP AA. Maybe you should look into that. On net, using DSR may be cheaper than AA resource wise.

Mustang Le has same issue. I run in windowed mode vsync1

59 minutes ago, sliderpoint said:

Metallica LE

-Mike

Sneaky.   :)

I am having trouble finding the rom on this site, but as soon as I do I will test.

*edit*  Actually, I can't find the 170h rom at all.

*edit*  Got it off the Stern site.  Seems to play smooth as butter for me, Mike.  I didn't play for a real long time, but didn't see any crashes.

Guys, I'm sorry if I missed this info, but with the new SAM VPM, above, I am getting the "powered by pinmame" popup screen (haven't seen it for a long time) and am having to re-position the DMD every time I start.  Were these settings that I changed at some point, or is this stuff that would need to be changed in VPM?

• Content Provider
On 12/31/2016 at 3:54 PM, sliderpoint said:

OK, one more table to test.   I am getting crashes on my machines when I play for a while.  I need a couple others to play and see if they have issues or if it is just my computers.

Metallica LE

-Mike

How long is a while? I've had it open for about three hours now. I've played over half a dozen games and no crash. I do sometimes get a out of video memory error on start up but for me that's not unique to this table. Usually trying again or at most a reboot takes care of that.

No sticky flipper either.

i5 3570k 3.4GHz, 8 Gb DDR3 dual channel RAM

NVidea GTX 660 2 Gb, 3scr, running playfield and bg at 4K DSR (no other AA) with Arngrim's LE dB2S, true FS, and launching through PinballX. 

Table plays pretty nice so far. Seems like there is still some tweaking to be done, but I did not have any stuck balls. Used the TAF landscape xml for settings. Thanks for the sneak peak.

• Content Provider

OK, that is pretty far, I'll guess it's just my computer..  I think mine is during a multiball, can't ever remember (I think metallica multiball ((ramps)).  But it's always when I hit the right orbit and the ball hits that top right orbit switch thats when it stops and crashes. I'm out of town for the weekend. but when I get back I'll try to get it to happen again and save the crash dump stuff.

@Umpa are you getting any errors when you launch the table?  Like a missing b2s perhaps?  Things that disrupt the load of the table can cause sticky flippers.

-Mike

Metallica plays fine on my rig, I had balls flying everywhere with no issues. Played about 6 games let it sit for an hour, then played about 5 more. For some reason i feel i have way more control with the flippers as well with Meatallica.  

The other games in question are running good for me, although I don't have my DOF running right now.

For comparison sake:

VP10.2,  pinmame 2.8b02 

Windows 7  I5 - 4690 CPU @ 3.5GHZ  8GB Ram  Nvidea 750ti 2GB

3 Screen setup, windowed full screen, 4x AA is on, VSync = 2

53 minutes ago, sliderpoint said:

OK, that is pretty far, I'll guess it's just my computer..  I think mine is during a multiball, can't ever remember (I think metallica multiball ((ramps)).  But it's always when I hit the right orbit and the ball hits that top right orbit switch thats when it stops and crashes. I'm out of town for the weekend. but when I get back I'll try to get it to happen again and save the crash dump stuff.

Yeah I've played some crazy long games with no issues.     If we're going to try and use a crash dump, we need to know the exact build you're using, we (the builders) need to have kept a matching PDB file (which gets generated at build time) to fully make use of the data inside.    Release builds tend not to be as helpful    If it keeps happening maybe I can send you a debug build to help us get to the bottom of it. 

Crash dump would at least tell us if it was VP or VPM having the problem though  

Archived