Code change to enable SAM LE driver board support

DJRobX

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Hey speaking of which....

@DJRobX

In "that evil machine" I can cut out half the latency by just moving a single line of code. 

Any chance we can get a test build with this?

PS.  Fantastic work on all this.
pps.  and VP devs too!!

-MIke

1 hour ago, sliderpoint said:

Hey speaking of which....

@DJRobX

Any chance we can get a test build with this?

PS.  Fantastic work on all this.
pps.  and VP devs too!!

-MIke

Yes, soon.   The gradiated flasher stuff that's coming next is related to solenoids and is in the exact same area.   I want to release these changes first, and confirm they don't break anything for anyone before I go messing around with timing.  

If I release something to address latency, I want to try and address the whole problem (on the VPM side), not just a part of it.  

On 10/17/2016 at 3:30 PM, DJRobX said:

20 hours ago, freneticamnesic said:

Good news DozerAUS!

Toxie added a command to VPX that lets us change the base color of a MATERIAL. If you find a material setting you like and want to change the color like this then it works. I think the settings I had in Tron were pretty good (opacity set to 4) and I'm happy with it. It at least means I don't have to use lights :)

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35311&p=360045

I was going to toss together a quick update that icpjuggla can use to update his table when the new VPX build is released

Screw this, I'm making my own Mustang LE with BlackJack, Hookers and the XB GT Interceptor from Mad Max 2.

YES!  Mustang LE thread hijacking!  I like it! 

4 hours ago, toxie said:

Latency: Yes, please, that would be really awesome!

btw: Do we know if B2S adds an additional layer of lag or is it wiring the input directly to the output more or less?

I haven't measured that yet.   I wouldn't think so, but without source who knows for sure what's going on in B2s. :)  

Modern processors can jump through hoops of code layers pretty quickly.   I think it's the timer polling loops and vsync update window waits that are killing us at the moment (and even the smoothing delay to some extent).   I want to take a stab at getting VPM to fire an event (i.e. Controller_SolChange xxx)  instead of waiting for the VBS to poll it.    We'd have to take B2S out of the loop to take advantage of it though.  Gotta try and verify it makes a worthwhile improvement before I worry about B2S implications though. 

9 hours ago, DozerAUS said:

I'm going to wait for the new VPM and implement the new flasher routines before releasing this.

Well, crap, we can't keep Dozer waiting!

This includes a new core.vbs that will be released with the next VP.    I did my best to make implementing it on the table side is very easy:

Step 1)  add Const UseVPMModSol = 1 before LoadVPM.  

Step 2) Verify that vpmInit Me is being called in Table Init.   Add it if it is not. 

Step 3) For all flashers or other things where you want the variable input, change SolCallback to SolModCallback.  Groni's family guy looks like this:

SolCallBack(21) = "MiniPFSol"
SolCallback(22) = "MegMove"
SolModCallback(23) = "flash23"
SolModCallback(25) = "flash25"
SolModCallback(26) = "flash26"

Then the only difference is that in SolModCallback you get a 0-255 value instead of True or False.   So now you can set the flasher intensity in that routine.   *edit* see below for correct file. 

• Content Provider

Still waiting on Dazz to approve what I had submitted Sunday. Don't know where he is. 

In any case, I do have a build that is current up to rev4029 that includes DJRobX's modulated flashers and solenoids. But I don't know that it is the very latest and greatest versus vpm101816.zip so I'll hold it for now. I don't want to hinder development here.

If that build is current, toxie is still looking for feedback on the sound cores at VPF.

• Administrators

Sorry guys, I've been out of town for a couple days with no internets.  I'm not sure why these weren't auto-approved in the first place.  I will re-visit that since there shouldn't be approval required on uploads from you guys.  All is approved now. 

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, Dazz said:

Sorry guys, I've been out of town for a couple days with no internets.  I'm not sure why these weren't auto-approved in the first place.  I will re-visit that since there shouldn't be approval required on uploads from you guys.  All is approved now. 

Doesn't look like a topic was created automatically or I'm missing it so some people might miss them

• Administrators
1 minute ago, freneticamnesic said:

Doesn't look like a topic was created automatically or I'm missing it so some people might miss them

I have topic generation turned off for right now. Re-creating them as we speak now. Once I have it done then I'll run a script that will create the topics.

DJRobx,

I Just updated to the VPM101816 and now the Neon colored tubes don.t light up on the Tron Legacy 1.3f table that Fren linked to last night.

Works fine if I reload your VPM101416 version.

I also downloaded the new VPM v2.40 on VPU the lights are out on it as well.

Rich

I'm running  VPX 2806

• Content Provider

No lights for me.   The file from 093016 is the current one...??

1 hour ago, DJRobX said:

Sorry friends, I zipped the file from the wrong directory, so that's an older build than the previous versions that support tron ramps.  

Here's the correct file

vpm093016b.zip

The one from 101416 does work.

-Mike

Archived