Pro Pinball: Timeshock - Dof Support

freezy

• Content Provider
13 hours ago, freezy said:

Yeah you need to place directoutput.ini in the same folder as DOFSlave.exe (i.e. in the Pro Pinball folder).

Note that this completely ignores your current DOF installation. The whole DOF is compiled into DOFSlave.exe and reads the config file from the path where it's executed.

so maybe copying all existing table config, cabinet config into the folder, where DOFSlave.exe lies could work. I'll try that tomorrow.

@arngrim why not donate? I think you do so much great work for all of us, that for me it would be more than ok to give something back to you.

I'm in with 5 EURO. Anybody else?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, roar said:

How do we send freezy a couple of bucks for a beer for everything he has done for pinDMD3 and Virtual DMD users?

That's kind of you, but if you want to support me then I'd prefer supporting the good guys that actually need funding like the EFF.

step 1:
10 bucks will go to arngrim. (yes I know, PP is already paid... ;-)) -> on the way

step 2:
freezy (or the EFF) will follow when I'm home again and my LEDs are (really) blinking. :-))))

Cannot wait to get home.....

As I understand a.t.m. there are only solenoids working right?!
I do not use these in my cab until now. I just have 5 RGB-flashers on the top of the playfield. Will I able to config them for myself or is this the thing arngrim is going to do?
(my bad english really sucks sometimes...)

One technical question:
How do I get my ledwiz-port-assignments into the example config file, while freezy's exe is a stand-alone DOF slave and another DOF-installation isn't needed...?!
I don't see any mapping in the config-file that was generated with DOF-config tool and also not in the example by freezy...
Sorry for beeing such a DOF-noob.

No, everything should work, it's just that there is no table config in the DOF Config tool for Timeshock right now, and what I've put as config to test my setup were just the solenoids. The config is read from directoutput,ini in the Timeshock folder.

@arngrim let me know when you have set up Steam!

• Content Provider

today is my birthday so i'll check tomorrow :)

Thanks again fellas for your donations, i didn' twant to hijack the thread, sorry about the mess created, it's a shame the donation button under our pseudo is gone since the new version of vpu, i'll be back tomorrow ;)

Okay, I played around a bit... an YESSSS it really works just by using the two files of freezy in the timeshock-folder and editing the start-options.

Here is my timeshock config line for further use

[Config DOF]

Timeshock,0,0,S7,L5,0,0,0,0,0,S3,S4,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,S5,L7,0,0,L3,0,S4/S6,S4/L4,S4,S3,S3/L6,S3

For your information I show you my ledwiz-channels (I only have got 5 RGB-LEDs installed at the moment):

3: right-red
4: right-green
5: right-blue

10: slingshot-flasher(white)-left
11: slingshot-flasher(white)-right

21: center-red
22: center-green
23 center-blue

24 left-red
25 left-green
26 left-blue

27 outer-right-red
28 outer-right-green
29 outer-right-blue

30 outer-left-red
31 outer-left-green
32 outer-left-blue

The flashers of the crystal, the 4 locks (a,b,c,d), flashing-effects for the 3 jet-bumpers and flashing-effects for the 2 slingshots work great!!!
WOW! It's much better to play with LEDs... I love it! Playing FP with LEDs is nice, but Timeshock is awesome!!!
Thanks a lot to all the guys who made this possible. Especially arngrim and freezy!

----

There seem to be still a few problems:

- I cannot use the flasher of the time-machine just by using "L2" on the right code-position. The light stays ON when starting a game. I think there is some other kind of triggering the timemachine-flasher.
- Same at the to returnline-flashers (L0, L1). When starting a game they are already ON.

But:
While those virtual-bulbs are on the bottom-position on the playfield it maybe looks better not to use the upper real-led-flashers... so the problem is not tragic... just strange... maybe the problem can be solved by using a more detailed command (not just "L2" or so)... but I don't know how to do this.

----

And:
DOFSlave crashes everytime when I close Timeshock. There is a windows-message that tells that the exe could not be stopped correctly. (I do not use steam -> got the kickstarter version)
The logfile (directoutput.ini) is written (don't have it here at the moment, sorry) but I have to delete it after EVERY session, because without deleting it my leds do not work when I start Timeshock the next time.
My solution: I deleted all the text in the file, saved it empty and did a write-protection on it. So I just have to click on the windows-error message, but do not have to kill the ini every time when I finished playing.

@Freezy: Don't you really want to get my donation for yourself like I promised earlier this week?! If so, I'll try to find another good beneficiary!! :D

Thanks a lot again... 

----

Almost forgot:
IMPORTANT TIP:
Don't forget to use the operation menu of timeshock (options!). Here you can test every single solenoid and flasher!

• Content Provider
today is my birthday so i'll check tomorrow [emoji4]

Thanks again fellas for your donations, i didn' twant to hijack the thread, sorry about the mess created, it's a shame the donation button under our pseudo is gone since the new version of vpu, i'll be back tomorrow [emoji6]

Happy birthday arngrim. Enjoy the day with your family and friends. Have a nice time.

Gesendet von meinem SGP511 mit Tapatalk

On 8/20/2017 at 2:17 AM, ChrissOnline said:

@Freezy: Don't you really want to get my donation for yourself like I promised earlier this week?! If so, I'll try to find another good beneficiary!! :D

Nah, the EFF will just be fine.

I also have a crash when exiting. Didn't look into it yet as I wanted a complete config first. Arngrim is looking into that tomorrow afaik.

I am doing something wrong.... I think I have my 2 directoutput files setup correctly and placed in the pro pinball folder with the dofslave.exe,  I use a packed and a sainsmart....   the logs see them.   If I put DOFSlave on my backless,  I can see it working away correctly.    

No feedback or lights.    hrmmmmmmm

Getting this working is going to be the tits. (nice tits,  not "old lady droopy" tits)

Because I have 2 devices in,  the Config tool generates 2 files... Directoutput20.ini and directoutput40.ini. one has 8 ports (sainsmart) and the other is the packed (64ports).  According to the log, both files loaded properly

I tried with just one to see if I could get anything to light up, but no luck.   I put all my table config files in the pro pinball folder as well,  just to see if there was another file that was relevant to each file.

Archived