Pro Pinball: Timeshock - Dof Support

freezy

Hi all,

I'm posting this because I'm kind of short of time and I think 95% of the work has been done. As you might know, Barnstorm lately added support for third-party executables to be called with Timeshock that allow for adding real DMD and force feedback support. With the former done with DMD extensions, I've spent some time interfacing DOF with the force feedback part.

Tom was so nice to release the latest sources of DOF, so my fork basically compiles to an executable you can throw into the Pro Pinball installation folder and tell Pro Pinball to use it for sending force feedback info to.

What signals are sent you can see here:

https://github.com/freezy/DirectOutput/tree/propinball/ProPinballSlave#configuration

Now, I'm wondering how to configure this. As far as I understood there are two ways of mapping the input signals to the output hardware. Is this all done in the XML? Are the .ini files only for VP ROMs?

If any DOF configuration expert owning Pro Pinball wants to give it a try, I can post a (completely untested) binary of the executable.

Cheers!

EDIT: Yeah I'll read the doc when I get to it. ;)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

the configtool is only for vp currently, and additionally there is one entry for pinballx which has a plugin using dof,

each lines of dof configs is a config for a table

afm,S9,S10,S3/S11/W56|W57|W58 @t@,S4/S13/W41|W42 @t@,S15,0,S48,S1/S2/S46,0,L88 m550 Blink fu500 fd550,L86 m550 Blink fu500 fd550,ON,ON Red,S7,S27 Red/S11 Red/S28 Green/W74 Red f200,S9 Blue/S25 Red,S12 Red/S21 Red/S23 Green/S26 Red,S10 Blue/S17 Red/S18 Red/S22 Yellow/W38 Yellow f200,S19 Red/S13 Red/S20 Green/W48 Yellow f200/W72 Red f200,S1 300/S3 300/S4 400/S7 300/S39 500 10/W64 500 10/W65 500 10 

first string is therom name, then each port separated by a comma, so if you have an event S48 to the left flipper and S46 to the right flipper, and left flipper contactor is mapped to port 5 and right ot port 6, of ledwiz 1, then

it would be in directouptutconfig.ini

timeshock,0,0,0,0,S48,S46,......... 

/ makes more than one effect in the same port, and all events separated by | share the same parameter like S48|S56|S34 500 10

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

:unsure: Oh, really still nothing...?! I'm reading this post since months.

Sorry for my bad english....

I cannot believe that NOBODY seems to be interested in getting Pro Pinballs Flashers blink.
Pro Pinball (especially Ultra) is the very best pinball simulation on this planet, I think. There must be a away... and well, there is one... I saw a video on youtube with flashing LEDs and knocking bumpers, but the guy who did it seems not to be have time at the moment.... 

So I think, I hope this is not a very long way to get DOF working with Timeshock?!?

Unfortunately I'm not a programmer, but if there is a way I can help on this project (hacking hundreds and thousands of digits in a stupid matrix or something like this) let me know... I'll do the assembly-line work.....
I would be SO SO SO happy to see my ledwiz-LEDs flash with PP.

Greets from germany

22 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

Try getting in touch with DDH69 at vpforums

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hang around here too :D just not as often.

Happy to offer any advice if I can, but I have never used, or even looked into, Pro Pinball TImeshock.

You're coding cool stuff like DOFLinx for virtual pinball tables, so I think you like virtual pinball... :lol:
So if you do you definately should have a look on Pro Pinball Timeshock (ULTRA) since it's really one of the best tables ever made. (btw. "Silver Castle Pinball" is building a real life version of the virtual table at the moment...)

----------------------

Well, thanks for your answer.
I think it will be hard for me to help since I'm not a programmer.

I was involved extremely in ravarcade's BAM for Furture Pinball (betatest of the 3D cam functions), gave some tips to Slamtilt for some of this ultra-versions.
I own a pincab with realDMD and ledwiz and all the things I wanted are working (DMD@FP, DMD@TPA, DMD@PP, Ledwiz@FP, .....) but I never used DOF, so I simply do not know it (I coded my own lines for FP-Ledwiz-functions...).

Since there are so many infos about DOF, DOFlinx etc. it will be a long way for me to work into it, and then I still think I wont get Pro Pinball run with LEDs.

Hmmm, maybe "Gigalula" will come back some day. He posted a video with LEDs and solenoids working with Pro Pinball... so there is already an existing version of Pro Pinball plus DOFlinx. It's alive but nobody else knows how to do it... :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so I've got something working. Just drop these files into the Pro Pinball folder (try %PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Steam\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Pro Pinball Ultra), then in Steam right-click on Pro Pinball Ultra, Properties, Launch Options and put "q m2 fDOFSlave". Make sure you use the 64-bit version of Pro Pinball (e.g. on a 64-bit OS).

The included DOFSlave.exe is a complete DOF build which will read DOF config from the folder's directoutputconfig.ini (example file included). I've got solenoids working, but not the flashers, although that's probably due to my missing DOF config skills.

Can anyone put a decent table config for Timeshock into the DOF Config Tool? Who would have those skills? The available signals sent to DOF are documented here.

pro-pinball-dof-r1.zip

• Content Provider

now this is cool, worked at the first go! Thanks!

Only the solenoids for the flippers and slingshots are the wrong ones in my case. Those for the bumpers are perfect. I'll fiddle around with the config and maybe find out some more, though I'm not a DOF expert. Maybe arngrim can chime in? :P

• Content Provider

ok, so I played around with the DOF config tool to produce dofconfig.inis that work with all possible configurations (the final aim I'd say), like in the attchements (red is what arngrim already inserted). All output files look absolutely ok (for me there are 2 dofconfig. inis because I have two LEDWizes)

It doesn't work. From the DirectOutput.log in the Pro Pinball Ultra folder (also attached) I see the problem:

2 most important files can't be found (cabinet config, table config) and so of course it doesn't work.

My path for DOF is: C:\DirectOutput, so what was recommended, What do you think, freezy?

DOFTS2.jpg

DOFTS1.jpg

DirectOutput.log

Yeah you need to place directoutput.ini in the same folder as DOFSlave.exe (i.e. in the Pro Pinball folder).

Note that this completely ignores your current DOF installation. The whole DOF is compiled into DOFSlave.exe and reads the config file from the path where it's executed.

Archived