Pin2Dmd With 192X64 Dmd For Pinmame And Real Pin

lucky1

• Content Provider

Together with Rappelbox (http://vpuniverse.com/forums/user/8244-rappelbox/) from germangamingsupplies.com we were able to develop a special PIN2DMD firmware for 192x64 displays in the last weeks. It will be usable for vitual pinmame and real pinball machines. There is still some testing on real pinball machines to be done before the hardware can be ordered. Unfortunatelly the current pinballsp hardware is not usable because the layout doesn´t fit on the P2  panels. For vpin builds it will also be possible to use the cheaper P2.5 64x64 1/32 scan panels. After having finished this proof of concept phase he will now design a new Kit which will, as a appreciation for his constant support, be exclusively available from him. Activation of the firmware and support of our charity projects will be as usual. testing and dev will still take a few weeks, so please be patient. For more information please contact him.

Here is a video running Sega Maverick on P2 panels

and here a video of a windowed 128x32 machine in vpinmame.
With the P2.5 panels the display size will be exactly the same as the original machines.
The display size will be 46x16cm in total.

Actually only lucky1 and I have a working firmware and testing is not finished yet. ;)

But what I can say for now is, that I very much like the idea of mounting 3 P2.5 64x64 panels together to achieve this big whopping display. It still has the same size for 128x32 DMD machines and the original resolution for the big displays of Frankenstein, baywatch, maverick and batman forever. Put them behind some tinted glass or acrylic and you'll receive a beautiful backbox.

Greetings,

Dom

It's really a good news. I'm a real pinball user, I don't have Virtual pinball.

For real pinball it's really fantastic. The price of a 192x64 DMD gaz display is really expensive (more than 400$ now).

Some owner of this kind of machine let them died in a basement or a garage. For a cheap price some of these good pinballs will come back to life.

I'm very happy for that.

Don't hesit to ask me for test, I have a lot of friend and for sure one of them sould lend me one to make test.

• 2 months later...

Here they are. 

these are the last controllers for the Sega replacement displays. 

These are rgb dmds, no LCD screens. They fit excactly into the old dmd mounting, no cutting, no fiddling or other diy-modification needed. 

Installation is not that hard, all needed material is provided:
dmd
frame
cables
power supply

-Unmount your Backglass and Speaker panel
-remove all cables from the DMD and the Display Controller Board
-unscrew the Controller Board and remove it
-remove the old DMD and keep the spacers (should be some brass spacers in
different heights)
-start with the lower spacers, then put in the RGB.PIN.DMD-XL so that the
card reader faces upwards
-after the display, put on the higher spacers and the dmd controller
board. Put on the remaining spacers and nuts.
-rewire the controller with my provied cable, other cables won't work
properly
-wire the red cable of the DMD to V+ of the supply and the black to V-
-from Power Supply, connect N and L to a power plug, to use it on the
service outlet, or connect them after the main power switch, before the
transformer
-connect the remaining connector (GND) to the GND-line of your pinball,
easiest would be grounding wire of the speakers, also attached to the
Speaker panel

When you power your system up again, it should display the pin2dmd-logo
for only a short time, or even not visible at all.
If it's longer visible then a few seconds and no output from your pinball
then please re-check wiring.

licensing is the same as for normal pin2dmd devices, instructions are provided with each set.

Price is 369,- Eur/399usd + shipping

please contact me via email [email protected], not with PM ;)

greetings,

Dom

IMG_5595.JPG

IMG_5603.JPG

IMG_5700.JPG

IMG_5703.JPG

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

While we barely post in this forum, we follow with attention all of your projects. One more time, this large DMD 192 x 64 will be a nice solution for replacing an old plasma screen.

But, unfortunatelly, there is only few French people that read English / German forums. So, I have made a post in a well known French forum dedicated to "non commercial" pinball maintenance : FLIPPER.FR . Sorry if I've used some pictures from VPU and RappelBox. I hope this is not offending ; of course, sources and authors are mentionned/linked.
There is some other French pinball forums, where there is lot's of discussions about DMD/LED, but strangely, forgot to mention the origin of the project and who are the real authors :angry:. At flipper.fr, we know the real story and the genesis of the PIN2DMD/COLORPRIM .

Nice to see that the names of Lucky1/Steeve45 had been printed on the board.

For sure, this is another great project, and not only for the virtual community.

With regards from France. :wub:

• 2 months later...

Hello folks,

Since the first run had such a positive response from all over the world I decided to do at least a 2nd run.

Also I'm really happy to announce that I found a reliable distributor in the US who will make life easier for all of you.
No more Tax and customs hassles, native english speaking contact, faster and cheaper shipping etc. :D

It's also very important to mention that I will only use PIN2DMD firmware in the future.
It's to date the only reliable and stable firmware available for RGB DMD displays, except of course the much more expensive ColorDMD.

Again, it's important to mention that we would not have the opportunity to replace all of our broken DMD without the hard work of lucky1 and steve45!
So please keep in mind that all donations are forwarded to different charity organisations.

Back to topic...

2nd run is being prepared and will feature some small and a big improvement.
As a little suprise for all participants details are being revealed when they ship.

Greetings,
Dom

This a stm32 cpu and a hub 75 ouput driver and your pub2dmd  firmware was open source so when can it be available for xl panels on vpinball

These shields are too big and too mucn hardware i want a basic vpinball solution should be to types

one For pc one for real pinball only

Thanks Paul

Archived