Dof Cabinet Feedback For Flipper Solenoids & Rgb Lighting Now Available For Pinball Fx2, Tpa, Zaccaria, Etc..

• Content Provider
Pinball FX2 and The Pinball Arcade now have DOF feedback for flipper solenoids (NOT slingshots or bumpers!), RGB lighting and more thanks to a new program called DOFFX2 made by DDH69!

It basically maps keyboard keys to trigger Led-Wiz or sainsmart outputs! It also has some other cool features like RGB lighting control, flipper solenoid timers, and more.

Here are videos that demo both Pinball FX2 and The Pinball Arcade on my cabinet running with DOFFX2 (1.3 beta).

I have the program set to be always on and active the whole time, and you can see it doesn't interfere with Pinball X running the DOF plug-in.

I have the flipper buttons triggering my solenoids.

I have the center RGB led strip "flasher" set to random flipper triggered RGB lighting.

I have the flippers set to turn on a left flasher as green, and a right flasher as blue.

I have the beacon, blower fan, and strobes set to go off during certain moments.... including an appearance from Scotty of Star trek!  ;)

...and other things too.

It's a simple demo of the kind of thing that can be done so far...

Here's a video demo of Pinball FX2:

Here's a video demo of The Pinball Arcade:

No more octo coupler circuits needed! This can be used for MAME, PC Games, etc...

Here's a link to the program's thread:

• 11 months later...

Today there are already memory mapping files for Pinball FX2 control other toys such as bumpers and shaker motor, would it be possible to create the same memory mapping system for TPA tables?

Because the effects I'm having with Pinball FX2 using the mapped memory files is fantastic!

I think it would be the same with TPA.

• Content Provider

It would be possible....but ALOT of work for someone to do. DDH69 did all the mapping for FX2, and that was from someone who is a programmer and knows what he is doing.  Seeing that TPA changes so much, it would be very hard to do and keep up to date.

• 10 months later...
On 31/07/2017 at 5:19 AM, TerryRed said:

It would be possible....but ALOT of work for someone to do. DDH69 did all the mapping for FX2, and that was from someone who is a programmer and knows what he is doing.  Seeing that TPA changes so much, it would be very hard to do and keep up to date.

Any progress on this subject (memory mapping of TPA) ?

I'm no programmer myself but I would be pleased to contribute if needed !

For the time being I use DOFLinx for solenoids/Flippers with a pinscaped KL25Z and I plan to plug a USB XBOX controller to get motor vibration ...  

• Content Provider
On 6/19/2018 at 11:09 AM, sebinouse said:

Any progress on this subject (memory mapping of TPA) ?

I'm no programmer myself but I would be pleased to contribute if needed !

For the time being I use DOFLinx for solenoids/Flippers with a pinscaped KL25Z and I plan to plug a USB XBOX controller to get motor vibration ...  

Given that TPA is losing license on most of its games...and also how often it gets updated....and the IMMENSE amount of work it is to do that...I dont ever see it happening.... especially given that VPX does it automatically and way batter for cabinet feedback and lighting.

Archived