First-Time Install Advice Please!

Cad

Hello everyone,

I had VP a long time ago back — I think in the VP6 or 7 days (!) — and clearly things have moved on a LOT since then.  For starters, it seems that one needs both VP9 and VP10 installed, since VP9 tables won't work properly on VP 10; is that correct?

Since there isn't a 'how to install' tutorial here (apologies if I've been dumb and couldn't find it), what do the panel suggest in terms of a first-time install sequence on, as it were, a brand new PC (desktop) with no VP installs whatsoever on it?

My gut feeling is VP9 full install, followed by VP10 SAM standalone.  Oh, and I don't know if there are any other things that need to be installed separately (is VPINMAME still a separate install, for example?).

I'm very much looking forward to playing for example Big Bang Bar; I once had the privilege of playing an as-new one in Zwanenburg in the Netherlands, and the real thing is a hoot!  As well as being IMHO a very challenging table to do well at.

So, thanks in advance and apologies if I'm being a pain!

PS: As far as real tables go, I own a TZ.  :D

--

BFN

Cad

• Content Provider

Use this all in one installer (installs vp9, physmod5, vpx, vpinmame, directb2s, directX, etc all in same folder) - http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11573

and then install the VPU Stern SAM support here - http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2480-vpinmame-sam-for-desktop-cab-pindmd1-pindmd2-pin2dmd/

Download a table and a ROM file and you can play

Thanks, Joe.

After the above is all working, I presume I will need to add VP10 standalone to play VP10 tables?  (just checking!  :lol: )

[A little later …]

D'OH!  Should have checked your link out before replying!  :blush: Do I feel dumb!

(for the benefit of others reading this thread >ahem!< , Joe's link does in fact install VP10 and 9 and 8 and …)

--

BFN

Cad

Archived