Easy Asign Pinball Objects To Dof Output

daans

Hello,

Yesterday i had the DOF running (yeah)!

Now i have a question: In my cab i have different brands/types of contactors.

The three rear ones are bigger (and louder) then the middle ones. Now i thinks it's great in my cab that i can assign the bumper sounds to the nearest bigones (one off the 3 rear) and other sounds, like drop targets to their nearest smaller ones (the middle row).

What is the best way to achieve this? I don't mind that when a big bumper is in the middle of the table that one of the big (rear) contactors are fired.

Maybe there is a obvious solution, then i'm sorry for asking, slap me in the face and push me to the right direction ;)

Regards,

Daniel

Ok, read lot's of articles and it becomes a little bit clearer (hmm is that correct english?)

I have to edit the table config in de configtool, if there are dt i have to assign them to other output ports. Can i look up the number/name of a target in the tablescript if @dt@ is not used?

If there is @dt@ in a line in the table config does this mean all of the dt's of a table goes to that corresponding output? or can DOF 'see' if the target is on the right or left side of the table?

Daniel

• Content Provider

You need to identify the solenoid values and switch values for the bumpers, drop targets, kickers etc and in the DOF table config, shuffle the existing related DOF commands to the desired Contactor (loud or soft).  In the default DOF table setup, items assigned purely on location,i.e mapped to the closest contactor.  You would have to do this for all tables

You will ned to grab the pinball table manual from ipdb.org (or figure it out from the table script) and do this for every single table.  If you want to pursue this, pick a table to do as an example

Ok, thnx, i changed the directconfig for TWD. It's much better now, for my cab.

Can someone explain the context of the config, i read the manual a lot of time, but i don't really get it (must be a language issue ;)

This is my middle bumper left:

S12/W9|W10|W11 @dt@

I know the S stands for solonoid and W for a switch, but when do i have to use de '/' and when the '|' and why is there a 'space' between W11 and @dt@?

I thought that @dt@ stands for all drop targets, but @dt@ is mentioned in more 'output lines' so are they fired at the same time?

Can someone explain it again to me? Not a copy of the manual of DOF because i read that a few times now.

Daans

• Content Provider

/ is to separate the effects on the same port

| same but share the effect after all | in the same / so w9 w10 and w11 are all having @dt@, we do that to shorten the lines

• Content Provider

yep dt drop target, all drop target have that, and t is target

purpose is in port assignment tab, you can decrease the intensity and adapt duration of the effect, for example i set targets intensity to 32 (48 = 100% power), and duration is 300 (default is 60 ms), so i hear the difference when the ball hits a bumper, or a standup target, so i don't need a different toy for that :)

Clear.

Yes it isn't my first choose either to have different types of contactors.

This is my first build and the softones i ordered a year ago and when i decided to buy more their weren't available anymore.

And the other types are louder.

But if i can 'solve' it this way, i'm fine with it. Not planning to add 100's of tables to my cab, only the ones i like the most :)

• Content Provider

just tweaking intensities, relays don't like it, you need booster boards like the ones from zebulon, also i have siemens 24v which are powerful enough to know the difference between I48 and I32

Archived