World Poker Tour

first apologize for my English, traducotr use.

I'm working on coloring world poker tour, when the project ends, will share the file for anyone who needs it.

I have colored more than 60% but the first tests on the machine, the blades are mixed and everything is a bit crazy.

I hope to solve this big problem, you dejos some photos of how it will be the eye- and some videos of the problem discussed.

ra9qu9.jpg

262v7e9.jpg

az9g5l.jpg

regards

• 3 weeks later...

These colorizations on foreign languange roms, will they work with english rom also?

I think this Spanish rom, also carries English. anyway when finished hang palette and modified frames, so just open any rom with pinballbrowser, load the pallet and load the modified frames.

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hey thebarto,

Have you finished your project ?

I also worked on WPT

I mixed PinballBrowser and PIN2DMD editor
Maybe this could be a support to your project

I share my project here => https://www.dropbox.com/s/z00c3t1zcnzrgnq/World%20Poker%20Tour%20Fr%20Couleur.zip?dl=0

zip contains  *.diff file for patching rom, macro and smartDMD for pinballbrowser, dump's files and pin2dmd project

Hey thebarto,

Have you finished your project ?

I also worked on WPT

I mixed PinballBrowser and PIN2DMD editor

Maybe this could be a support to your project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx0eFOxCMcc

I share my project here => https://www.dropbox.com/s/z00c3t1zcnzrgnq/World%20Poker%20Tour%20Fr%20Couleur.zip?dl=0

zip contains *.diff file for patching rom, macro and smartDMD for pinballbrowser, dump's files and pin2dmd project

hello sharkky

my project is stopped, before the holiday to have a lot of work and now I'm enjoying the holidays.

Monday to resume the project, will download your files and if I'll watch are helpful although I quite advanced the colouration.

thank you very much for sharing your work and interest

Greetins

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 11/26/2016 at 5:54 PM, sharkky said:

I share my project here => https://www.dropbox.com/s/z00c3t1zcnzrgnq/World%20Poker%20Tour%20Fr%20Couleur.zip?dl=0

zip contains  *.diff file for patching rom, macro and smartDMD for pinballbrowser, dump's files and pin2dmd project

Is this only for the French rom? Or will it work with English?

I made this project with a dump from French rom. It works fine with french rom

I have not tested with English rom but I think you can simply apply macro.pbm on English rom with Pinball Browser (the frames are the same in both versions)

Maybe it should redo the project of editor pin2dmd with English rom if some scenes do not have the right duration

My version is stopped, I even have the machine for sale, problems have arisen and now I have less time and it entails a great job.

If I do not sell the machine, I will continue doing the coloration little by little Sorry

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 11/29/2016 at 9:54 AM, sharkky said:

I made this project with a dump from French rom. It works fine with french rom

I have not tested with English rom but I think you can simply apply macro.pbm on English rom with Pinball Browser (the frames are the same in both versions)

Maybe it should redo the project of editor pin2dmd with English rom if some scenes do not have the right duration

I can't seem to get the English ROM colored... I tried using the macro, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly.  I really need to read up and learn how to colorize these.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, dstott said:

I patched it to the English ROM and it worked fine.  I was skeptical but had to try it.

Really stupid question here, but what did you use to create the pin2dmd.pal file?  The Pin2DMD editor?  I've patched the rom, but I'm not sure how to create the pin2dmd.pal file to put in the  altcolor folder.  I tried loading this project in the latest editor, but it threw all sorts of warnings about palettes and would not let me export for a virtual pin.

this rom is similar to Pirates and Shrek,

the coloring project was started in Pinball Browser, but their are many scenes that could not be colored in that program and it had to be completed in the Pin2DMD editor.

You need a registered (paid license)  of Pinball Browser in order to export the colored project for PIN2DMD use (create a pin2dmd.pal file)

You can also look for version 1.44 or below,  I think you could still export projects without needing a license.

if you want to create a pal+vni file (for the missing scenes) from the current project you need to find a a very old version of the Pin2dmd editor. almost coming up on two year old editor given that the project was posted on 8-2016

For what it's worth, I was able to get the color working with just the files that Sharkky generously provided.  I patched the rom with bsdiff (or you could use the handy GUI patching app on this site), and renamed the wptcolor.dat from Sharkky's files to pin2dmd.pal and put it in the alt color folder.  It doesn't seem like I'll be able to complete any of the missing scenes  with Pinball Browser or the Pin2DMD Editor software without going through the steps that PinballUser mentioned above.  But I'd honestly be kidding myself if I thought I could do any colorization to begin with.     

Looking at the Pin2DMD project - it is all palette keyframe triggers which are entirely contained in the PAL.      So assuming you have the PAL file that was finished, you don't need to re-make VNI file.   None of these triggers appear to be on non-English frames.

The current version of the pin2dmd editor can load the project but it complains about palette conflicts.    This happens on a lot of "upgrades".     You can fix this by copying the palette entries back into the XML file after the project is converted.