Visual Pinball Tables Audio Sounds Like Blown Speakers. Help!

Try not to max out the volume settings as it will distort the sound. A value of 22 is sufficient ant then you raise the volume on you speakers.

Also, pressing F1 in-game and you change the sound to 48000. Might have some effect too... :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I had this issue with tales of arabian knights. I was trying everything from messing with my amp's volume, bass, and crossover; I tried going into the windows sound settings and adjust the volume per speaker since I have SSF setup; checked wiring to see if I had a rogue copper strand plugged in wrong at the amp; I set the volume of pinball x to 90%; and I set the volume of the pc to about 90% but it didn't work. As soon as the genie started stomping I was getting crackles and distortion. I ended up finding the issue. It was the rom volume. This is different from using the visual pinball in game volume buttons. You have to hit the end key to open the virtual coin door and then hit 8 or 9 to adjust the rom volume. It was set to max and you want it to be roughly 3-4 notches from all the way to the right.

Archived