Amd Problems Vs Nvidia Again...

My pincab has a I5 3.2ghz, 16Gb ram and a Radeon R7-370 4Gb as pf card and a Nvidia GT520. Win7 home premium 64bit

My home computer has a Radeon HD7850 2Gb , i7 and 8Gb ram. Win7 home premium 64 bit.

Both have identical graphics settings in vp10.

Table example: The new Cactus canyon Vp10.

Pincab 50-55fps ball is jerking and jumping. (tried both with and without backglass, and windows composition on/off but no difference)

Home: 160fps buttersmooth.

On the pincab the "F11" to show fps etc flickers like hell and is very difficult to see the data, but shows ok on the homemachine

(it does not help to turn on or off windows composition, but does difference on the homecomputer where i get flickering fps display when disabled ).

I have tried all settings in the radeon software, no difference. Uninstalled all gfx software but drivers. No difference.

My homecomputer is riddled with a lot of installed programs. The pincab only the most needed softs.

The difference between machines is home computer has old pre-crimson drivers and the pincab has the latest crimson drivers.

Is it a driver related problem? Or should i get an NVidia for the cab ( so no mixing of drivers;) ??

I am thinking of a Asus GTX 970 4Gb and run both pf and bb on this, and skip the old gtx520?

I do have an old GTX560 1Gb in my 3d printer computer, but that may be too old also?

Today i reformatted the drive and reinstalled win 7 and only the most essential like gfx drivers (tried a pre crimson driver), dx9, plus some other small must's.

I also removed th gt520, and now run both pf and backglass on the radeon.

Same low fps 50-55 on same table (i have even tried running vp on only one core) . and the only thing windows composition does is making the fpscounter visible and not flickering.

Tried running under aero and not, same thing.

If i turn on vsync in vp then the ball is smooth on all tables, but for example the train moving back and forth in cactus canyon jerks. It bugs the hell out of me why it have this fps problem.

on my homecomputer i can have "extreme fxaa, 4x antialising, reflect ball, ball trail, ambient occlusion on and with ingame update, force anisotropic filtering, max texure and detail ALL on, and still have about 120fps

and buttersmooth train movement..

I don't know what to try now.

Nobody have a clue?

I have now made some more investigating in graphics cards and i feel a little fooled now. I bought the R7 370 in the belief that it would be much faster then any of the other boards i have.

But it seems that the R7-370 is exactly the same as my HD 7850 with just a tad higher clock, but can be overclocked to match r7.

Also if i compare at gpuboss.com the GTX 560 is just a very small amount slower than both the HD7850 and the R7-370 (r7 and 7850 is exactly the same speed) . Strange as R7 (what i thought) is not so old, but the other 2 have a couple of years on them.

Hi anders

I wish I could offer you better advice but I like a lot of other people moved to nvidia for vp stuff a while back. When I last tried it on one of my desktop that has a R9 280X, it seemed to work alright but really was just checking out a couple of tables, nvidia GPUs have performed better for VP and fp historically. IMHO their hardware is fine, their drivers is the issue and outside of vp it's the same thing. I am big on VR and a few people have problems with AMD GPUS.

Archived