Dmdst32 By Pinballsp, Controller Board And Full Assembled Dmd Compatible Pin2Dmd

This is the last DMDST32 I have develop, and will be the last I will manufacture.

Big PCB board, all in one, new design. The PCB board acts as a frame, the methacrylate frame of previous versions disappears. Replaced the small USB connector, for a larger and more robust one.

The power supply is now integrated and welded directly on the PCB board, it is a very small, light and compact model. It does not need cables between power supply and board, nor the fixation part of the power supply to the board of previous model. The AC cable now comes straight from the board, with a 2-pin screw connector to be able to remove and lay the cable quickly.

The board allows to install an amber filter to improve the contrast and hide the Led.
The final product is much lighter and more compact than previous versions. This will be the only model I will make of DMDST32, until I starts with DMDMK64 production.

Sin título-4.jpg

Sin título-7.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

Sin título-5.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks kiwi.

And this new DMDST32, is also ready for 100% plug and play without external power supply, so with a custom cable 3 pin to 4pin (for Bally/Williams), may connect directly without external power supply. I'm preparing custom cables by manufacturer, so for pinball real, will not need connect to 100VAC with clips, but simply connect a cable from DMD to Driver board to get 12VDC and convert to 5VDC with the switched DC-DC that may install this new board.

And price keep same, 179 Euros full assembled + freight cost. There are some optional extras like Amber filter and some more.
More information in my facebook https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp

I warn about this feature (100% plug and play), to avoid that later somebody say that I have copy ideas from another, when its JUST on the CONTRARY, there is "people" that copy my designs and ideas.

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, pinballsp said:

I warn about this feature (100% plug and play), to avoid that later somebody say that I have copy ideas from another, when its JUST on the CONTRARY, there is "people" that copy my designs and ideas.

Sorry to say, but to be fair I think Aaron from Fast Pinball had this idea first (large pcb with DC-DC converter). Look at his post from 8 months ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rgb-led-panels-for-dmd-replacement/page/20#post-3157311

But anyways, well done Luis !

2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Sorry to say, but to be fair I think Aaron from Fast Pinball had this idea first (large pcb with DC-DC converter). Look at his post from 8 months ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rgb-led-panels-for-dmd-replacement/page/20#post-3157311

But anyways, well done Luis !

I have reply to you already in pincabpasion, the first was colorDMD, they connect their DMD to 12VDC from the begining a lot of time ago, no external power supply, but customs cables direct to 12VDC in Driver. At any rate its a very simple idea, remove power supply and connect directly to unregulated 12VDC, first time I saw about it was in colorDMD installation user manuals.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

New design, practically ready to send to factory next Monday. DMDMK66 192x64 Multicolor. In this case it is a Multicolor DMD LED compatible SEGA 192x64 that install Baywatch, Batman for Ever, Frankenstein, Maverick.

This DMD is 100% Plug and Play, no external power supply needed, no custom cables to connect, just remove the original DMD, and connect the new DMDMK66 192x64. Install the powerful Kinetis MK66 processor, 180Mhz, 1Mb Flash, 144 pin TQFP chip. ALL in one big PCB board, do not need any acrylic frame, the best professional look, time ago I stop to design small PCB + acrylic bracket, current with big PCB is the best solution.

Optional extras:
=================
1.- Amber filter to improve the contrast and hide the LEDS.
2.- USB or CAN bus, to connect and control a high resolution Topper, with custom animations. It will also allow connect to matrix controller board to read all switches and ouputs status, to activate custom animations in Topper display.
3.- WIFI; To configure and upgrade wirelessly, from the cell phone.
4.- Bluetooth; Same functions as the WIFI.
5.- 2.4Ghz Radio, to wirelessly trigger a high resolution Topper (no cables between DMD and Topper).
6.- 512Mb flash memory chip to store full colored games in advanced mode.

The price will fix it as soon prototype assembled and tested, this will be the cheaper Multicolor DMD 192x64 solution with LED panels on the market.
I'm working just now also with design of DMD 128x16, (Hook, Star Trek, Batman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Checkpoint ) and hope send both to factory next Monday.

May check all news about these and more of my designs in my Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp

ScreenHunter_074.jpg

Design of the new Multicolor DMDMK64 128x16 ( compatible Hook, Star Trek, Batman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Checkpoint). Hardware based on a powerful Kinetis MK64 microcontroller.

In spite of being a smaller screen and with less resolution, the design is more complex, since the original DMD install in the DMD board the video controller (Z80, RAm, Rom and some 74xx/40xx chips).

I still have to review the designs of this and the 192x64, but if there are no unexpected, they can go to the factory Monday or Tuesday, and have the prototype mounted a week later.

The features are similar to the 128x32 model. Optional can install USB or CAN bus to communicate with a Topper display, WIFI/2.4Ghz for wireless configuration and/or communication wireless with a Topper display. The SD card is fast access parallel 4 bits, which will allow to store complete colored games.

This DMD is 100% plug and play, and requires no external power supply, will be supplied with a cable to connect directly to the 12VDC of the pinball.

I must check yet if possible store all games in one Rom, and select game with jumpers, so will not need burn Rom by game.

ScreenHunter_078.jpg

ScreenHunter_079.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

In a few days will be available DMDST32 Big board without external power supply (practically PLug and PLay), directly connect to pinball 12VDC supply with one UNIVERSAL cable and a new quick splice connectors, so do not need different custom cables for each pinball manufacturer, but only ONE Universal cable to connect 12VDC very fast and easy to any pinball. The new quick splice connectors allow Plug-Unplug easy and fast after install.

With this new option, avoid external power supply and avoid connect to high voltage (100VAC). Same will be available for DMDMK64. The 128x16 and 192x64 always will be 100% plug and play, no power supply required.

At any rate, DMDST32 and DMDMK64 boards yet will keep OPTIONAL install external power supply, if user require it, for example for virtual pinball (if no 12VDC available). I will provide new instructions with pictures to connect the new cable to 12VDC in any pinball.

After check all options, I think UNIVERSAL 12VDC cable and quick splices Plug-Unplug is the best option for a Plug and Play DMD.

DMDST32 Big board with 12VDC PLug and Play cable, is the cheaper in the market currently, only 184€ + freight cost.
Optional extras; WIFI, preconfigured SD card, Topper connector, Amber FILTER, RS232 port, Chip enhancer.

Orders contact by email [email protected], skype pinballsp, Whatsapp +34 693 344 445, Facebook messenger https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp 

DMDST32_12VDC.jpg

DMDST32_12VDC_002_.jpg

Practically ready the new DMDST32 12VDC.

This does not need high voltage power supply, but connect directly to pinball 12VDC. Includes one 12VDC UNIVERSAL cable (do not need several custom cables by pinball manufacturer) with new quick splice plug-unplug connectors for fast and easy installation, allow unplug easy without remove installation to move DMD to another pinball. Practically this is Plug and Play in a few minutes.

Now external power supply, is optional and yet may install in board, I keep option for people that may require it, for example for some virtual pinball installtion if 12VDC not available or any other requirement.

Pictures attached, about the switched 12V DC-DC converter to 5V 5A, that install this DMDST32 12VDC version. Price keep same 184€ + freight cost, and power supply 100-250VAC now is optional with price +18€.

12VDC will be also available in DMDMK64.

IMG_20170314_163111.jpg

IMG_20170314_163209.jpg

IMG_20170314_163221.jpg

IMG_20170314_163331.jpg

IMG_20170314_163413.jpg

On 30/11/2016 at 3:53 PM, kiwi said:

New boards look great PinballSP. Too bad shipping from Spain is so Expensive. UncleSash has some great boards too, and good features/ideas. I'm looking forward to putting my DMD together when the power supply I order arrives.  I for one appreciate the ability to buy the boards prebuilt. Helps big time for my cabinet build.

thanks guys

Yep shipping charges from spain stopped me from buying one..at that price I would buy a colordmd led and just plug and go ....anyone looking to do a group buy to USA?

Starpack is the cheaper courier, though I have never tried it. Maybe sometime I will check it, but do not know how safe it's. At any rate, if you order several DMD, with current lightweight version (with no power supply, now DMD is really very lightweight ), several units in same package, cost by unit is not expensive, or if you do a group order to save freight cost money.

I try to improve cost for international shipping, but it's not easy locate a safe, fast and cheap courier. I want check Starpack for USA, and if it's safe, then I will offer.

ScreenHunter_003.jpg

ScreenHunter_004.jpg

In about one week I will receive board for the new DMDST32 12V DC Ready, this get power supply directly from 12V DC, do not need external power supply, do not connect to high voltage. 

This DMD install new model of led panels, with better features, according with manufacturer improve "Refresh rate more good and more better remove shadow effect". So, may be solve also the bleeding, though I must test it yet to confirm.

The Led panel manufacturer has change panel design, and these do not fit with my current DMDST32 big board, so I have change my design to may install the new led panels.

Also I have improve design, remove not used components (some holes, connectors, super capacitors, etc...), improve the switched DC-DC, center in board, with a new horizontal inductor. This is the official 12VDC Ready DMD232 Edition, to connect directly to 12VCD instead of to high voltage AC, external power supply may install yet but its optional.

Add push button to enter in Update mode, this is better because DIL switch fail frequently, Add 2 x buffer chips to connect a Topper with P5 panels. Data and power cables, will be custom cables, with correct length, so avoid must to fold and fasten cable with flanges. Also the power supply cables are now custom cables with 4 short wires soldered directly to board, no more long cables, so better and profesional look.

And if no more manufacturer changes, this will be the last version of DMDST32 I will manufacture until I release DMDMK64.

So, it's time to provide full information with pictures to identify WHERE connect in each pinball manufacturer, to get 12V DC. Start with Bally/Williams, WPC89 (WPC89, WPC-S, WPC-DCS) and WPC95. Next days I will post pictures to identify 12v DC in all pinball manufacturers (Data East, Stern SAM, Spike, Gottlieb, Capcom).

This 12V DC Ready, will be also available in DMDMK64. Both also may install external 100VAC power supply, for special installations, like virtual pinball, this will be optional.

ScreenHunter_005.jpg

ScreenHunter_006.jpg

WPC89_001 .jpg

WPC89_002.jpg

WPC89_003.jpg

WPC95_003.jpg

WPC95_004.jpg

Data East identify, where connect to get 12V DC power supply for last "DMDST32 12VDC Ready Edition". Start to ship this new 12V DC version DMD, next Monday.

This information, will be also useful to connect DMDMK64 to 12V DC.

data_12vdc_001_.jpg

data_12vdc_002_.jpg

data_12vdc_003_.jpg

CAPCOM identification, where connect to get 18V DC supply for last "DMDST32 12VDC Ready Edition". This information, will be also useful to connect DMDMK64 to 12V DC.
DMDST32 and also DMDMK64 accept up to 36VDC. With CAPCOM, connect to 18VDC instead of to 12VDC, no problem about it, work perfect.

capcom_001.jpg

capcom_002.jpg

capcom_003.jpg

Today I received the new PCB, for last version I will do about DMDST32, this is the "12V DC Ready Edition", to connect direclty to 12V DC, so do not need external power supply.

Also I have add some improvements to design. Add 2 x buffers to may connect a Topper with P5 led panels in mirror mode, add a push button fo enter in update mode, now the led panel power cables are very short and directly soldered under PCB (for better look), flat cable with custom correct length (no more original flat cable Folded and flanged), Switched DC-DC centered and with horizontal inductor.

And this new PCB, install a new LED panel design, according with manufacturer " Refresh rate more good and more better remove shadow effect ", so may be solve the BLEEDING problem. As soon as I assemble, today or tomorrow, I will test to confirm.

Tomorrow I hope start to ship the first batch or "DMDST32 12V DC Ready Edition". Thank you to everybody for patience to wait, unfortunately the led panel manufacturer changed design without warn about it, so I had to change PCB design as fast as possible, send to factory and wait. At any rate I think this is the best DMST32 design, I will post pictures about product assembled as soon as possible.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

DSC_0337.jpg

DSC_0367.jpg

DSC_0473.jpg

Sin título-11.jpg

Already avaible last and final version of DMDST32, this is the "12VDC Ready Edition" to connect directly to 12V DC, so do not need anymore AC power supply (though yet may install if somebody request for some special application).

Improve design, better look, more compact and lightweight. Add optional two buffers to may connect a Topper (soon I will offer the Topper kit), replace DIP switch by pusth button to enter in update mode (DIP switched failed frequently). Cables between led panels are now custom with correct length, both power cables connectors are very short with 4 wires soldered directly under board.

Today I start to ship first batch of DMDST32 12VDC Ready Edition. Thank you everybody for support, and for patience to wait for last orders, unfortunately the led panel manucturer changed panel design and I had to change PCB board, send to manufacturer and wait for it. LEd Panel manufacturer said me that this new led panels " Refresh rate more good and more better remove shadow effect ", so I will test as soon as possible to see if remove the bleeding.

And this will be the last version I will do about DMDST32, no more improvements, no new versions, I will manufacture this until I release my new product DMDMK64 (hardware and firmware from me).

Sin título-0.jpg

Sin título-1.jpg

Sin título-2.jpg

Sin título-3.jpg

Sin título-4.jpg

Sin título-5.jpg

Sin título-6.jpg

Sin título-7.jpg

Sin título-8.jpg

Sin título-9.jpg

Sin título-11.jpg

Sin título-91.jpg

Sin título-93.jpg

Sin título-94.jpg

Sin título-95.jpg

Sin título-96.jpg

Sin título-98.jpg

Sin título-99.jpg

Sin título-991.jpg

Sin título-992.jpg

22 minutes ago, psmmacker said:

So u made a 12 volt to 5 volt converter nice we need also all panels to be sm5166p and smd 2121

As all the controllers seem to like these panels and bleeding no existent

Could u make that circuit a stand alone 

Txs paul

Do not understand what do you mean. Currently I only manufacture big board, all in one, no more small boards.

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, psmmacker said:

So u made a 12 volt to 5 volt converter nice we need also all panels to be sm5166p and smd 2121

As all the controllers seem to like these panels and bleeding no existent

Could u make that circuit a stand alone 

Txs paul

You can find the XL4015 DC-DC 5A step-down converter circuit on eBay

http://www.ebay.de/itm/171194843586

Archived