Dmdst32 By Pinballsp, Controller Board And Full Assembled Dmd Compatible Pin2Dmd

Hello everybody.

This is my product, DMDST32 controller board, full compatible pin2dmd, and officially supported by pin2dmd firmware.

http://pin2dmd.com/hardware/

My web site about product and all my hardware developments in Facebook, all designed and manufactured by me. 

https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp/

DMDST32 is a board ALL in one compatible pin2dmd. Simply connect it to led panels (do not need flat cable, connect direct to led panel connector), add power supply, load firmware and thats all, optional may install WIFI for future updates with wireless options. Also I develop and manufacture a DMD full assembled, only need load firmware. In my full assembled DMD, power supply is attached to main frame, its a very compact product.

Price for controller board DMDST32, is 45 euros (+4 euros for WIFI), this install a STM32F427 microcontroller, its faster and with more RAM memory than STM32F407 that install Discovery board, so better for future firmware updates with advanced colored. 

Price for full assembled DMD is 164 euros (+4 euros for WIFI, +2 euros for remote power supply cable). Prices do not include freight cost, I ship all by courier with tracking number to any country. Payment by Paypal or TT.

Contact by private message, email to [email protected], Skype pinballsp, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp +34 693344445. 

13301329_1050780561668846_48862378513062

13308685_1050780855002150_85957334139186

13301492_1050780858335483_87686946401688

13305067_1050780865002149_75018525960514

13198502_1050780901668812_26474976758390

13248538_1050780905002145_52138037398302

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the power supply included ?

Hello Mike

Yes, for full assembled DMD, all included, like see in pictures, power supply included, attached to mainframe with an L shape black methacrylate part and screws.

Also may order only the controller board.

• 2 weeks later...

Ready to send to manufacturer new version of DMDST32 DMD controller board, this is the "Black Edition". New features, some optional.

1.- Add 74LS123 chip to improve clock signal from real pinball.
2.- Remove buffers 74LS245, I do not note any improvment with it, so remove it from circuit.
3.- (Optional), Add serial port RS232 to connect directly to Stern SAM CPU for special features.
4.- (Optional), Add second oscillator 32.768 Khz and battery holder (CR2032/CR1220) to keep internal date/time for special applications like Animated Clocks or Toppers (with bigger led panels).
5.- Relocate SD card socket for better access.
6.- Add more connections between microcontroller and WIFI module for reset control and update.
7.- (Optional), Add 3 new inputs to connect sensors for special applications
8.- Board now will be Black color to fit better with black mainframe, so better proffesional look.
9.- Replace jumpers by DIP switch, with 2 switches, one for BOOT mode, one for future updates. Better look than jumper.
10.- Compatibility HUB75E for 1/32 Scan led panels (P2.0) for SEGA big displays (192*64), solder jumper to select between HUB75B/E

And Im preparing also modular system with board 38x13cm, only for DMD 128*32. And from DMDST32 Black Edition I will do also same board with Kinetis MK64, though also will may install it in modular system with main board 38*13 and small boards with different microcontrollers, Teensy, Raspberry Pi 3 and FPGA.

13458687_1061335873946648_67430211769854

• 4 weeks later...

I have received two of the new 'black' versions of this display and the build quality is excellent. 

Had some trouble getting it working and I got real good help, the only trouble was the language barrier, but he speaks better English than I speak Spanish.

Put one in my Virtual pinball (and it is all working now) with the correct drivers installed.  One is for my Cirqus Voltaire.

Seems to be a much cheaper option than other LED DMDs, and to be honest, it is cheaper than a real DMD.  Plus you get a power supply! 

It is a real shame he can not install the firmware when he manufacturers the unit, and just leave the user to register it with the SD card.  I found the biggest problem was putting in the firmware.

Can not wait to explore PIN2DMD a little bit more, but already - it looks amazing on the new Stern games (that the PinDMD3 board CAN NOT colour!).

I have one issue, which I have told the supplier about.  I noticed the power supply only came with a two wire (Live and Neutral) cable fitted.  IT MUST have an earth wire connected.  If you are putting it in a real pinball - then just run another cable to the internal strapping in the backbox, ot to the large metal panel on a Bally/Williams.    If you are using it on a VP cab - then simply change it to a 3 core flex and run it from your mains box/relay.

Also to make it 100% safe, I used hot glue to cover the exposed mains connectors. 

Overall an amazing quality unit.  With excellent backup.

• Content Provider

It is a real shame he can not install the firmware when he manufacturers the unit, and just leave the user to register it with the SD card.  I found the biggest problem was putting in the firmware.

He is allowed to send the units with firmware preinstalled . Don´t know why he doesn´t . That way you would only have to activate them.

You can also order the kit from rappelbox in germany. He is shipping with latest version preinstalled.

We will also add a evalution mode to the next release to allow fully testing of all modes before shipping.

In evaluation mode the device will run for 1 minute before showing the activation screen.

He is allowed to send the units with firmware preinstalled . Don´t know why he doesn´t . That way you would only have to activate them.

You can also order the kit from rappelbox in germany. He is shipping with latest version preinstalled.

We will also add a evalution mode to the next release to allow fully testing of all modes before shipping.

In evaluation mode the device will run for 1 minute before showing the activation screen.

I did message rappelbox in Germany and to be honest I did not get any request of him for funds - he just told me certain parts he was awaiting and he would get back to be, so after a few weeks I gave up.  So I found pinballsp on Facebook and thought he was great to deal with.  The parts got to me within a few days. 

Already available new Black Edition controller board and full assembled DMD with same controller board.

Orders by email [email protected], Whatsapp +34693344445, Skype pinballsp, Facebook messenger https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp

Same price than before green version (164 Euros), with optional extras (WIFI +4euros, Serial port +4 euros, Battery holder+second oscillator +4euros, Remote power supply +3 euros). 

I may provide firmware preloaded (but not activated), no problem about it. Ship to any country by Courier with tracking number. Pay by TT or Paypal.

Im preparing a new controller board version, the DUAL version with TWO outputs to may connect a TOPPER with P5 panels + DMD with P2.5 panels, so with only one controller board with one firmware license may connect one DMD and one Topper. This new board also include TWO input connectors to may connect two controller boards to same pinball if you prefer two controller boards, one for DMD and one for Topper with different firmware (for example topper with Clock/Date Animated and DMD with game firmware).

All news and pictures  may check in my Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp

ffe4ec8e4a3f9827370557d5e8652ca540f2b502

22fdd4eb8eae491ced3cacda3ac3590c8f7757ae

10c93b072869376e91d38bacb760d2a40bf88b2a

41ed46e73e50b27339f63eebeae459bc55eb2b00

80d848ab60ec69044c5d88c1065da6fc1d0a2d15

5de9cb004f0efd5b08d45310bfdc5b13d39c0633

9e095b4610890ce34970e191732cbc2d0a804242

1444ca56edb27a627a585fb89e061eafefd62b71

b32ecb1a8c7079752570644764e8c2c41d31bf87

1cc51236900f7975557df7174e3abbc89fa25d8a

DMDST32 controller board, NEW DUAL Version soon available, to connect DMD + TOPPER.

This new version, include some improvments and the new DUAL option. Add new communication SPI between microcontroller and WIFI module for special features, also add DMDST32 Autodetect to display DMDST32 logo when start.

About the new DUAL feature, two options to connect controller board:

1.- Two outpus: one output for DMD with local P2.5 led panels, and one extra male connector output to connect external TOPPER with P5 led panels. Im preparing a new TOPPER KIT with big P5 led panels. With this option, only need ONE controller board to connect DMD and TOPPER, so save money and complexity. Topper KIT with this option will be cheap, because only will need led panels, power supply and methacrylate frame.

2.- Two Inputs: with this option, board duplicate input connector from real pinball, so may connect DMD and Topper to same input data from real pinball, and then connect one controller board for DMD, and one controller board for Topper. This is option if you want different firmware in DMD and Topper, for example DMD run game firmware, and Topper run Animated/Clock firmware.

As soon as TOPPER KIT available, I will post pictures and price. This controller board has same price than Green and Black Edition, with following extras; WIFI +4euros, Serial port +4euros, Battery holder-2nd oscillator +4euros (for clock/date animated Topper), Remote power supply +3 euros, One input or output extra connectors for Topper +2 euros.

bf03c9fa4609f42eff3a103b38f66085b67f1dc6

4facd0104948483d7854cde1bfff301c6ef40d50

74824c1af92d864e76bb5b3f53369811f78fc378

• Content Provider

The Topper in the acrylic case looks very professional. However I don´t see any sense in running the same animations on the topper as on the pinball dmd.

With two individual controllers there are more possibilities and you even can run the topper as a clock with pinball animation background when

the pinball machine is shut down.

There is one more option I want check to see if I develop new controller board or add to new. Its can connect to Switch matrix and/or Lamp Matrix, to run special animations according with status of switches and lamps, even may transmit it by WIFI or Bluetooth to controller board, so do not need wires from pinball to Topper, status of matrix is only 2 bytes, so may send in real time very fast to play special animations.

Also for topper may be interesting add output in controller board to control Digital Leds WS2812, these only need 3 wires to control thousands of RGB Leds. And one more option, capture sound  (from speaker or with Electret miniature Microphone), read with AD in microcontroller, and play also special visual effects according with sound.

There are many options, to develop a Topper that is not simply a mirror of DMD or an independent display with no relation with status of pinball. I must check it to see what add to new controller board or develop a special version only for topper.

• Content Provider

There is one more option I want check to see if I develop new controller board or add to new. Its can connect to Switch matrix and/or Lamp Matrix, to run special animations according with status of switches and lamps, even may transmit it by WIFI or Bluetooth to controller board, so do not need wires from pinball to Topper, status of matrix is only 2 bytes, so may send in real time very fast to play special animations.

Also for topper may be interesting add output in controller board to control Digital Leds WS2812, these only need 3 wires to control thousands of RGB Leds. And one more option, capture sound  (from speaker or with Electret miniature Microphone), read with AD in microcontroller, and play also special visual effects according with sound.

There are many options, to develop a Topper that is not simply a mirror of DMD or an independent display with no relation with status of pinball. I must check it to see what add to new controller board or develop a special version only for topper.

I don´t see any sense in using additional resources for switchmatrix or sound capturing as you already have the "best" information about the gameplay by detecting dmd frames/scenes. We already have a serial port on the board we could use to control additional hardware (e.g. rgb stripe controllers) by a dmd event and we already discussed that option, but currently that implementation has very low priority. I don´t see any sense in adding new hardware features, when this hardware is not used due to a lack of software support in the near future.

• 3 months later...

Hello.

DMDST32 DUAL Edition Red board; New version of the controller for multicolor DMD.

Include many new features, performance improvements and fixes. Like previous versions (green and black), this is the only ALL in one controller board for DMD Led.

The new version named DUAL Edition, with red board, to differentiate them from before versions.

New features:

1.- The DUAL option allows you to add dual input or output connectors to connect a topper. With twice the output connector, you can connect and configure a topper in "mirror" mode, so that the topper displays the same as the DMD, but a double size (panels P5). Using the input connector, double the connection for another topper with DMD or controller board. IM prepareing a full topper with P5 led panels, main frame and amber filter, ready to work, and with a new feature never seen before (I will speak about it when available).

2.- Improved connections WIFI module, also include 2 jumpers to allow program WIFI module directly, so do not need use loaders in microcontroller and allow faster update.

3.- Optional may install in board a 3 pin temperature/moisture sensor for use with topper.

4.- Improvement X; This improvement not yet can comment, because I must yet to test it, It is something that can improve the quality of animations, this weekend I have to assemble a lot of DMD with the new DUAL board and I will test it, I will upload pictures about the new DMD and will detail this new feature.

For orders contact by email [email protected], Whatsapp +34 693 344 445, Facebook messenger https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp.

Price DMD full assembled, keep same 164 euros + freight cost. Optional WIFI, RS232 port, Battery holder with 2nd osc, Dual connector for topper, micro SD preconfigured, Remote power supply.

13584999_1071536912926544_5124406185237285103_o.jpg

13680078_1083557575057811_2513913807857038045_o.jpg

DMD_DUAL_001.jpg

DMD_DUAL_008.jpg

DMD_DUAL_003.jpg

DMD_DUAL_006.jpg

Hello,

do you only copy the ideas from other members and paint them red?

Rappelbox is selling the toppers and his controllerboards for months and they´re working fine.

www.germangamingsupplies.com

So what are the technical differences to Rappelbox controllerboard except the design of allinone?

and which Software/Firmware is preinstalled? PIN2DMD by Lucky1 and Steve?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

On 8.11.2016 at 8:52 AM, gbausm said:

Hello,

do you only copy the ideas from other members and paint them red?

Rappelbox is selling the toppers and his controllerboards for months and they´re working fine.

www.germangamingsupplies.com

So what are the technical differences to Rappelbox controllerboard except the design of allinone?

and which Software/Firmware is preinstalled? PIN2DMD by Lucky1 and Steve?

The Idea with the 2nd DMD output came from a Member out of the VPU Forum!

And I just integrated that in an early rev 1.x Shield!

That was not PinballSP Idea and not the one from Rappelbox!

Just to clear the credits and that side!

New boards look great PinballSP. Too bad shipping from Spain is so Expensive. UncleSash has some great boards too, and good features/ideas. I'm looking forward to putting my DMD together when the power supply I order arrives.  I for one appreciate the ability to buy the boards prebuilt. Helps big time for my cabinet build.

thanks guys

Archived