Newbie- Who Cannot Stop Himself..guidence Required

britxpatusa

Hello All,

Firstly great forum with lots as cool/smart/interesting stuff..

So i started to play around with MAME..Daughter plays and starts to ask questions (9yrs) then i take her to an arcade to play real arcades..

This leads me on to ay why dont we do a Dad and daughtre arcade build...Daughter is learning kids code on raspberry pi so we get a monitor i have an old x-arcade dual tank..and were off.

I start to do some research when i can...I work away a lot so time is hard...and i see virtual pinball...were both hooked...that leads onto what about a pinball cab...which leads onto arcade (mame) pinball cab....then i see pinkadia...wowed by it.....so i have an amazon  :wub:  (look into my eyes moment) and have landed with this:

Vizio 43 lcd - main screen

Vizio 32 lcd - back

Dell17" - DMD

gigabyte gaming 7 mother

32gb mem

4 ghz intel latest CPU

EVGA GTX 980 ti

samsung 950 256gb m2 - OS/apps

1tb western SDHDD roms-others

creatve speaker sub combo

on back order plunger from virtual pin

button pack from virtual pin

MS Kinect V2

have a vive on order and rift so looking to use this pc with fx and  usbs out of the cab....

need suggestions on board for buttons/joy - i was just going to strip the x-arcade and use that swapping the buttons

Software: have them all..and not manged to get it all work..hence reaching out....:-) OS wins 10 (needed for VR)

would like :

PinballX front end - have moanged to get the screens correct now

Pinball FX2 -  have account and table working on main screen only

Future Pinball - can only get two screens working

Visual Pinball - not treid as want to get others working first

Steam installed also

MAME working on screens via mameini display changes and each game- horizontal/vertiacal

BAM installed

I have futreDMD installed cant get it working on Dell monitor

I have managed to get Pinball FX working with two screens.

im at a loss now just getting the software right and monitors...i have searched and tried various suggestions throughout the forums...

Any suggestions help/guidance greatly appreciated..what do you need to know to help out or config files?

I have main display per pic and i have rotated screen while i config software - i move back once starting pinball fx...

post-11870-0-91510300-1464273220_thumb.jpg

• Content Provider

Also "playfield" monitor is in wrong portrait setting just leave it landscaped as if you are standing in left side to view it

No, no, no reason to do that.

Sorry for the brief response earlier, all current pinball games support portrait mode just fine, and it is much easier to work on your cab  standing at the end of it than to always have to move to the side.  

The monitors do need to be arranged left to right however in windows, with the playfield monitor being number 1 on the left, then the backglass monitor #2 then the dmd monitor #3 on the right.

Archived