Vpcabs And Virtapin Myths And Truths

Wildman

on point fren.   Unfortunately farsight has put cabinet support on indefinite hold in favor of working on the stern app and upcoming VR support.   Being part of the TPA closed beta group i read alot of shit and get dissapointed sooner than everyone else and i must say i dont think we will probably EVER get official cab support from TPA and that the noex cam mod and now BAM for tpa (only dx9 tho YUCK) are going to be it for cab support.  Mike R said awhile back that one of the issues with cab support was the ability to render sepereate instances of the table and DMD across more than one monitor in Direct X, of course we were also told they have a cab in the office functioning with TPA but their probly using the noex mod as well.  As they see it the % of customers that are requesting cab support is so insanely small as it not only doesnt represent any of their customers across all the console game systems and mobile its also just a small fraction of steam users and so from their point of view would be a total waste of man hours and money spent on developing something for a .0.05% of their paying customer base and would be better spent working on the stern app and getting VR support finished.   both things that will indeed need purchased . since the purchase of my rift CV1 i have played less and less on my cab or my tv,  pinballfx VR and Future pinball (even despite wonky physics) with the OpenVR enhanced BAM is spectacular. i made a small controller that is essentially just the  very front of a cabinet with buttons and a plunger and 4 legs and when used with VR provides an experience that unfortunately cabs cant come close too.  dont get me wrong tho I will always love my cab , i built mine myself and i do participate in forums and have sent many table authors personal thank yous and make it a point to engage in conversation for no other reason than i do appreciate the work they do. They spend countless hours on these the least we can do is make them feel appreciated and in turn ive been shown that they greatly appreciate being appreciated in turn, who doesnt want appreciation for hard work.  This is a great community and honestly anyone who buys a preloaded cab is missing out on ALOT of whats fun about this hobby and will never know who they are hurting or even be aware that they could be hurting a hobby that many of us hold dear in a different way than they do,  those are hobbyists that play pinball, we are obsessive lunatics  that live pinaball lol......anyway thats enough out of me,  thanks again for all you guys do and Fren the  STLE is fuckin rad buddy big thanks and also big thanks to djrobx and carnypriest for their recent work on getting the sam emulation on track im way excited to see some of these LE's in vpx.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived