Pinmame Sound Issues

David87

Hello friends,

I have some sound issues with the newer Pinmame SAM releases 2.2X... For example in tales from the crypt many of the voices are very quiet, you almost don't hear them, when I install the official Pinmame 2.3 version, the sound is very loud and good but my Pin2DMD doesn't show anything and also VP seems that it doesn't work as it should.

Has someone else this issue and knows how to fix it? I think i didn't had it in earlier releases from here.

Thx

• Content Provider

Known issue -

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063&page=15#entry339046

The SAM builds here are based on the same source. The changes to activate the SAM driver have nothing to do with the sound. Try increasing the volume through the rom's in-game adjustment menu. Or use a SAM build before this source code change was implemented such as v2.27a which does support Pin2DMD and PinSound.

I don't think Vpm 2.27a is still available in the download area here? Is it possible to repost it. Some of the sound levels in games like Apollo 13 just can't be tuned high enough unfortunately

Thanks again all for the great work done on this.

• Content Provider

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2480-vpinmame-sam-for-desktop-cab-pindmd1-pindmd2-pin2dmd/

Scroll down and look on the right side of the page. There is a list of all the previous versions. I "think" that users can select Download and you will be passed to a page where you can select from the different dll options that support your different DMD boards.

I retweaked the VPM code today a bit.

So if you also crank the volume of some machines up (for example most of the SEGA DMDs and some early Stern DMDs), it should hopefully be better now.

Please retest.

Archived