Pin2Dmd Editor - Real Machine Output Colors Wrong

Hello,

I have been trying to configure a real machine ( Fish Tales) to use pin2dmd with palette changing. I have everything setup using the editor but when I go to test the setup in my machine, none of my palettes work and the default colors are completely off. I have attached a link to my project files and also a video of the actual color output. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? My first guess was I was choosing colors the panels don't know how to reproduce so they were just using the default palette. Thanks !

Pin2DMD Fish Tales Issue

Project Files

Are any of the colours correct? Does the startup logo show correctly? May be a grb rather than rgb panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the editor, none of the colors on the DMD really match what I chose. The First panel I ordered was GRB (mislabeled sale link), but this one is definitely RGB.

• Content Provider

I had a quick look at your project, but first you should upgrade your firmware to 2.10 since there was a bug

related to the colors used by the editor and firmware.

1. You don´t set any palette to default. Controller doesn´t know which palette to choose after duration.

3. logo - I hope the bubbles in the FT Logo are not random. If they are, it is hard to detect without mask beeing set.

4. scores, grabgear, monfis,highsco,match - You try to detect scenes with dynamic content (score etc) but don´t use the mask.

Thanks for checking out my project Lucky. I assumed that the "0 - default " palette was the default palette. Do I actually have to set that somewhere or call it out? I assumed since it said default, it would automatically be used when a key frame had not been called. The bubbles during the logo animation appear to be scripted ( I believe).

I'm a little fuzzy on the whole mask layer concept. Are you saying any frame with dynamic data cannot have a palette associated with it unless a mask is used? What happens when an animation passes through the mask? Are the colors affected? Isn't there a limitation to one mask per project? If So how do you tackle a project where dynamic data changes position constantly such as this?

***Edit*** OK, I think I see where you set the DEFAULT palette. My bad I thought just having it called '0-default' was enough.

• Content Provider

You have to make sure that the plane you want to switch colors with is always the same, no matter

which player or which score you have. You can have this by leaving out the dynamic parts during detection

using a mask. Currently only one mask can be defined per project.

• Content Provider

I just thought thought it was a simple as choosing a color for one of the 4 brightness levels for a given sequence and being done with it.

It is as simple as that, but you have to choose the starting point (keyframe) wisely that the result is 100% reproduceable.

Archived