Stern Sam Tables Load Intermittently Or Dmd Blurry

pinkitty

I am running a cabinet build and am using B2S server. I have Visual Pinball up and running.  Bally, Williams, Gottlieb and EM games work fine.  But I have several Stern SAM tables (24, Avatar, Family Guy, X-men, and more) that have intermittent launch issues.

When in VP, the game might say I have ROM path error, but the ROM is in the correct place with the correct file name per the table script.  Then I exit the game, and reopen the game and it might work fine.  Then move the DMD to my 3rd monitor, exit game and restart, and DMD is white with static blur.  Then close the game, relaunch and the game might be working fine again.  

Shut down for the night, open game through Hyperpin front end, and DMD back to static blur.  Go back to do direct launch from VP Editor, and get ROM path error again.  Go back to launch through Hyperpin and game works correctly.

Why the inconsistency?  What am I missing.

Yes.  I am on Windows XP with 32-bit.  I've got lots of memory - 8 gig RAM and 180 gig hard drive.  Is it something to do with the Operating System?  Is there a setting or something I can do to get it to work?  OR...Am I doomed as long as I have 32-bit Windows? 

Archived