• Content Provider

Great Project !

Since there are a lot of animations in this ROM you should avoid to touch every image by selecting

a proper palette with the starting frame of the animation if possible (like done in ACDC).

Otherwise you could run out of memory. We could even avoid tagging the starting frame by using a keyframe

to switch palette. I had a short look and the hulk animations for example can be done that way.

Thank you very much :)

@Lucky    What do you mean when you say: We could even avoid tagging the starting frame by using a keyframe to switch palette? I don't understand how to do 

If you have an issu for it was very great

• Content Provider

It would be a mixture of pinball bowser (tagging) and pin2dmd editor (keyframe).

Basicly they are doing the same, switching the palette. Advantage is that with keyframe

you don´t need to edit the picture data to do so. I think steve has just published a

manual for his editor.

I have problem

Sometimes there are frames that doesn't load good palette

Cause another palette was already loaded or maybe macro lost palette's information, i don't know

For exemple with this images :

0x6C2  128*32 Display System : compressed 1 with palette 8

0x6C3  128*32 Display System : compressed 7 with palette 8

0x6C4  128*32 Display System : compressed 7 with palette 8

0x6C5  128*32 Dipslay System : compressed 1 with palette 8

0x6C6  128*32 Display System : compressed 7 with palette 8

0x6C7  128*32 Display system : compressed 7 with palette 8

This images are loaded during end's score and all are in full screen

my colorization

mini_793478heros.png

But look at 2:00, palette are not loading

I'm really lost

• Content Provider

Since the palette tagging is "hidden" in the upper left corner it obviously get´s overlayed (written) by the frame and is not

recognizable by pin2dmd anymore. If you send me your project I can try to use the keyframe detection to make the palette switches

for these scenes.

• 2 weeks later...

nice work, but a little miss at 2.28?? the display blacks out a bit to the left, or should it be like that?

And i also see that you have disturbances in the display, with random pixels and streaks showing up sometimes.

Is this a common fault? Because i have some also sometimes, but very faint.

Almost looks like old videotape dropouts.

I think it has something to do with noise on the powersupply line.

Yes AndersE i have some disturbances in the display, this comes from my powersupply line (low cost). Before it was worse, I unplugged the ground to reduce disturbance

For a little miss at 2.28, I think that's normal, I will check this but these frames are hard to unlock in game

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived