Scripting Backwall Lights For Potc

I am an absolute noob when it comes to anything involving building tables, but I have tweaked a bit here and there on a table for my own personal preference.  So I took Freneticamnesic's FP to VP conversion of POTC and added primitive bulbs (taken from another Fren table) on the backwall, and I have no clue how to script the bulbs to flash or light up accordingly as they would such as in 85vetts version of the table...any help or tips would be much appreciated

Here is a pic to show the bulb primitives...

Z6Z1ML9.jpg

Here is the original without backwall lights...

t0AwyBE.jpg

you can't add lights because they will not look good in DT mode

you need to add flashers

you can add the lights to drive the flashers

How to

-add the lights and match them to the correct ID

-add a flasher to each bulb (you will  need to rotate it to match the bulb orientation)

-add the flasher image

-add a timer (named LSample)

-code for the flashes

'Flahser Controlled by lights
Sub LSample_Timer()
FlasherName.visible = LightName.state

End Sub

add a line of FLahser#.visible = Light#.state

for each flasher found in the table.

you can download my Heavy Metal Meltdown *Bally 1987) to see how the flashers work.  You  can also copy and past the flashers, flasher images, timer and code.

the lights need to be placed behind the table  or they will be visible.

Thank you for that very informative reply, I am slowly learning the nuances of VP one day at a time, I have so much respect and appreciation for what you prolific table authors can do...it pisses even me off when I see people nag authors to quickly release tables, patience is a virtue in both waiting for great work to be released as well as learning the craft for yourself!

Thank you VP authors!

• 1 year later...

I'm new to working with Flashers as well.  What I am wondering is how do I script this in Visual Pinball Physmod5?  When I try to do it I get a error on Line 72 saying Object doesn't support this property or method. "FlasherName Visible.  This is what I have for the flasher demo in the Visual Pinball Physmod5 table script.

Sub LSample_Timer()

End Sub

21 hours ago, kingwizard said:

I'm new to working with Flashers as well.  What I am wondering is how do I script this in Visual Pinball Physmod5?  When I try to do it I get a error on Line 72 saying Object doesn't support this property or method. "FlasherName Visible.  This is what I have for the flasher demo in the Visual Pinball Physmod5 table script.

Sub LSample_Timer()

End Sub

I named the flasher "FlasherName" & named the light "LightName."  Still, getting errors.  I don't know what I am doing, I am only using 1 flasher and 1 light.

Archived