Vpcabs Coming Soon To Abc's Shark Tank..... Virtual Pinball's Going Primetime!

Mameman

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Nice spot Brad, I almost cried. Good luck with your cabs and all your ventures into virtual pinball. Make it work. Use that 200k to develop a pinball platform that is VPcabs owned and then sell that platform too for the DIY cab owners too. IMHO, that is all that's holding it back from being commercially successful. You need to own the software. Your cabs are already there, now just fill them with games that your company owns.

• Administrators

.Was fun and interesting to watch......to bad some people dont get the great service you are doing to help the non tech people to get into this hobby and have fun !

Good Luck with it .....you need to put out now them sharks are hungry ;)

if anybodys want to watch it heres the link......http://www.filedropper.com/sharktank7x28

I'll take the flaming....  LOL

Vpinmame - Illegal for resale
B2S Server - Illegal for resale

VP9 - Illegal for resale
ROM's - Illegal for resale
shared Table Builds - Illegal for resale

as billy eichner would say, ...... and........away...... we....... go   ;)

• Content Provider

I didn't see him trying to sell VP on the show.  Looks like Zen, which he said he's licensing.  Did you even watch the show?  My guess is no.

Funny how the VP world loves to eat it's own.

• Administrators

VP9 - Illegal for resale

Yo Hauntfreaks ??  what ya talking about brother ??   nothing is illegal about VP why you here to stir up shit? nobody is selling anything..were does it say VPcabs even sells or reference VP?

watch the video again...I didnt see your stuff on there at all...dont know why you comming here and trashing this thread ?   really strange !! i made another you can trash....http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2567-vpcabs-

and-virtapin-myths-and-truths/

after reading the funny post over there i hade to make a post here lol enjoy :) :)

• Content Provider

VP9 - Illegal for resale

No flames. I have not been witness to this or ever heard this. As I said on VPF, I have heard the same about Virtuapin from a guy who bought it and fudged it up with.... I'll say it, SAM upgrades. He said he bought it straight from Virtuapin, "preloaded" with tables. Honest, Haunt, I'm not making this up.

But if this is the case in either situation, then all I can do is agree with you. That should not happen.

LOL... well... I have even better (I'm answering a question not trying to continue a debate) ....

have you ever played the machines?

I have.... at pinfest every machine there had 100% fully loaded and working (the list above software) they also had 800 or more MAME roms Fully installed and working

you may say... well its a trade show and it to show off their capabilities

answer:  I also know for a fact a vertigo was shipped with the software above preloaded in the machine and 800 or more MAME roms Fully installed and working

I'll throw this out there as well.....

not only did they have every VP9 table installed, but it had all the corresponding, B2S and wheel art that was created by the community

any other posts to this thread will be directed to only answer any debate to what i have said so far.... just to keep to post count to a minimum 

• Content Provider

If he's dumb enough to sell the cabs fully loaded with tables, with an investor like that, then it will of course fail.  I imagine it will be loaded with licensed Zen tables and maybe have VP preloaded so you can install VP tables if you wanted.

You've already shit all over mameman's thread by bringing this up.  Might as well stick around now that you've stirred the hornet's nest.

• Administrators

why are you so worried about it Haunt? i dont get why you want to be the VP spokes person all of the sudden???

you getting paid to say shit  lol..you used to be cool what happened man??

you made some tables and turned into ?

I made 400+ BG i dont give a fuck who has them i did for fun who cares ??   not cool dude :wub:

• Content Provider

Honestly, no I have never played a VPcab ever.

I seen the Virtuapin a couple years in a row at the Chicago Expo and it too had loaded tables for show. I really didn't sit there and scan them all, so I couldn't tell you how many there were. But we have no debate as far as I can tell. We both agree that selling these cabs, either Virtuapin or VPcab with unlicensed software loaded is wrong. So what are we doing here?

I basically congratulated both Paul and Brad on bringing the scene to light on the media. I doubt that Brad will be allowed to continue loading a machine like that with this new partnership.

• Administrators

my BG.s are not alowed at VPF cause of a issue with me and paul end of story there...my BG,s are at othere sites all over the world..i dont care were they go just as long as people enjoy them..if you sell my bg for $5 good for you i dont care...i enjoyed making them for me and shared...just not worth the effort to be the IP police ..just dont make sence man ......why you care??? your hauntfreaks you make good tables all i care about :D

always gonna be douchbags out there quit beating a dead horse dude not worth the time :) when you walk by a machine with your bros you can say i made that..that enogh for me to keep making shit B)

\ move on this is not life changing shit hey lol just for fun remember haunt??? later bro,,

• Administrators

Sent 12 May 2016 - 08:49 AM

I look at all the Backglasses from different authors before choosing one baded on color,accuracy,table match.

I find myself using your Backglasses about 80-90 percent of the time.

Thank you so very much for all your hard work in bring these tables to life with your excellent backglasses.

Larry

Thats why i do what i do  for guys that have the love///  all others can fuck off and die lol man
this the shit that motivates me .......WANT TO PLAY A GAME????  remember lol :D :D

• Administrators

VP9 - Illegal for resale

He's actually not using any of them on his machines. He's running PinballFX an pays a large licensing fee for each cab sold.

• Content Provider

He's actually not using any of them on his machines. He's running PinballFX an pays a large licensing fee for each cab sold.

He actually is shipping with VP and tables installed. Many from this very website. This is not an accusation to be taken lightly or brushed aside. There's numerous accounts from very well respected people who have vouched for this. I've personally assisted installing vp10 for two users with brand new VP Cabs who have no idea how to do anything that already have vp9 installed and claim they received the cabinet like that. I've heard accounts of this continuing with the new Vertigo cabinets as well. Blind defense isn't a good look.

• Content Provider

I heard the same about Virtuapin some time ago. Probably carries about as much weight as the VPCabs claim. Let Randy Davis worry about it.

I think he should've shown VP myself. If I was impartial to this, I think the video Paul had showing a game I liked and played in the day carried more weight than a game I had never seen, or even existed. Had I never seen a cab before, seeing a game I loved would have more of an effect on me. Maybe that's just me. Maybe he couldn't, I don't know.

Someone made the comment a few years ago about "Paul should've gone into politics". They aint shitting you. Managing PR is an important thing. First, his spot comes out just before Brad's spot, then Brad is vilified on Paul's own site to diminish Brad. Too neat of a case for me... The lighting really sucked in Paul's spot though. It made it look like he had dark circles under his eyes, and looked much older than when I saw him from across the room a couple years ago at the Expo. I say lighting, because the entire video looked like that, and not just him. The room looked dark.

What very few people get is that this is a niche market. Neither one of these guys is going to put a cab in every house, like a PC or a microwave. This is an expensive toy. I love how at vpf they only talk about Brad's high end cabs. They only quote the most expensive one, in an effort to make Virtuapin look much cheaper. Brad has smaller cabs than that, so the 7995$ isn't the only one he sells. Surprisingly he's told me that's the one that sells the most.

Quality: I have played both cabs (not Paul's in a long time). Both have great quality, but Paul makes the argument about he uses "commercial grade monitors" vs Brad's TV's. Think about this hard. Is your cab going to be on as much as an airport monitor? Is your regular TV going to be on more, and how long has it lasted?

daz i wanted to shut up about this, but that's not true... I've seen them in the machines myself... I know a vertigo that was shipped 100% fully loaded... seeing is not just believing but knowing... they were in there 

I also found this youtube video.... more proof

Dazz this of course is no disrespect to you

• Content Provider

And so what if the price of a cab with software vs. without is the same? Or they are only adding a "service fee" to load some free software on them in the first place? They aren't actually selling other people's stuff. I don't know for sure if they put it out like that, but this is a very easy loophole that there is nothing illegal about.

-Mike

Archived