Bad Luck With Pin2Dmd?

AndersE

What kind of powersupply did you use? Seems that some are not providing enough power or some other issues. Normally I check all displays before they are shipped and I sort bad panels out. But always keep in mind that bleeding is a known issue with these panels.

Yeah, i suspected it was something with power or grounding, i have not yet installed it properly, just powered it from the play pc's powersupply (500w supply).

So i don't think there is some major fault ;) I have some time until the cab is ready to install it into.

Is there any better instructions on fixing the bleed than the link to that german guys fix?

I am pretty good at surfacemount soldering (10 years as playststation modder ;), or atleast i was before the near-sightedness came (i'm getting old;).

I have had the board under a big magnifyingglass now, and i can clearly see that the led is loose (when poking it with a needle) plus that someone has soldered tiny tiny copperstrands to the led from the led besides it.

So i guess the coppertraces on the board is toast, that's why the soldered strands. Heh, even my phone (G3) could focus on the thing, so if anyone want to see themselves i can upload a pic.

So there is nothing i can do or dare to do. I don't really care, but it is sad, there could have been a better preshipping check of panels ;)

I am orderering new panels myself from china, and hope that one atleast is ok.

Now i just need to figure out how to get color dmd's in pinballx (they play b/w now).

Archived