Pin2Dmd On A Real Machine - Where To Start :)

toibs

Hi all,

So, I have access to a few real machines, and would love to be able to colourise these displays myself. I have a price from Rappelbox for the pin2dmd v2 kit which is good (as i'm in Europe), and will order this over the coming week or two :)

Anyhow, I am due to spend a fair amount of time away from home on work over the coming 2 months. This means plenty of time to colour :)

Hopefully this will be a fun journey :)

So - Firstly, Where do i start?? I have the pin2dmd editor, how can i get started?. Also, I'll need to be able to drag the original roms etc into it to colour them....

1. what software do i need to start on this?

2. How can i extract the info from the roms? They are bally/williams titles - can i use something like pinball browser??

3. do i have to have the hardware before i can start to colour using the software?

I am rather serious about this - I have another title that, looking forwards, will never be done by others (an obscure spanish title), so i like to think of this as practice before i start on that one! :)

Some pointers would be good, or some advice as to where and how to start...

Many thanks

Paul

Thanks Fly. Unfortunately info seems very fractional with snippits of information contained within multiple links. If i can find the info i'll look to do a walkthrough on how to produce for a real pinball machine :)

Just looking for where to start really :D

Archived