Vpinmame Not Working [Resolved]

jvanderbiest

I'm trying to load some VPX tables but I have some problems.

First of all, I have a clean install of VPX installer 10.0.0. After installation, I've overwritten the VPinMame folder wiith VPinMAME - Cabinet Build 2.5.0.

Next I've installed B2S Backglass Server (v1.3.0.1).

Then I read everywhere that I should update my VPinMame with the latest version: VPinMAME_SAM_NON_PINDMD_PINDMD2_PIN2DMD_2.27a.zip.

The problem with this version is that after overwriting the VPinMame.dll, I cannot run Setup.exe anymore. Also note that the old dll was 5mb, this only 1.4mb.

post-10888-0-55610500-1457301938_thumb.png

I have 2 more questions:

1. How comes that my current version v3.00 is higher than this new dll?

2. When testing in VPinMame for roms, is the rom list related to the dll? Because newer games are not there and I get rom not found error while launching. File names are ok...

I must be missing something here

Thanks a lot for your help / time.

Exact error:

The 'vpinmame.dll' file can't be loaded.
Error 0x0000007e: The specified module could not be found.
Be sure to have this file in the current directory!

post-10888-0-55610500-1457301938_thumb.png

if you are using the all in one installer

After installation, I've overwritten the VPinMame folder wiith VPinMAME - Cabinet Build 2.5.0.

their is no need to re install this, even if you want the cabinet version.  The SAM DLL will have this built in.

Next I've installed B2S Backglass Server (v1.3.0.1).

the VPx installer already installs this for you .   You can find it at  YOUR INSTALL FOLDER -->  Tables

Then I read everywhere that I should update my VPinMame with the latest version: VPinMAME_SAM_NON_PINDMD_PINDMD2_PIN2DMD_2.27a.zip.

this is not the latest version of PINMAME,  this DLL will only give you the ability to play the SAM Hardware  Stern Tables.

the simple steps you should be doing to install VP in your PC is 

- Run the VP installer

- go into the PinMAME folder  --> run the Setup.exe  -->  click install

(Optional click on paths --> change the paths if you like to)

-drop all your roms in the PinMAME roms folder

-as stated the B2s server will already be installed and registerd,  their is no need to change or add anything.

-Download the VPinMAME_SAM_NON_PINDMD_PINDMD2_PIN2DMD_2.27a.zip.

(IF YOU WANT TO PLAY STERN TABLES)

extract the VPinMAME.dll  and  SAM.vbs

-drag and drop the VpinMAME.dll into or PinMAME folder  (overwritting the exsisting one)

-drag and drop the Sam.vbs into your --VP INSTALL folder /Scripts     folder

-open the PinMAME setup.exe file again and click on "Set Up Defaults"

-Make sure "Cabinet Mode"  and "Ignore Rom CRC errors"  is checked

-Optional if you want multy color DMDs  make sure "Colorized DMD"  is checked.

-DONE!!!!!

• Content Provider

You should click Setup.exe -> Install again when overwriting the VPinMAME.dll.

And 2.27a is built on the latest available source revision. This is the version to use as it has features beyond official 2.6 such as PinDMD3 and PinSound support, and additional rom set support added to the source since the official release from last year. It has support for everything that's in the official source plus S.A.M.

The dll is smaller in size because it is compressed for better performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

First of all, thanks for your replies and trying to help me out.

Good to know I don't need to do all that stuff that is already included in the AIO package.

But I'm still lost as I've tried the exact steps as you described. Also unblocked the script and dll file.

Still have the same error (when clicking Install). Note that I can run it initially (after the VP AIO package (with the original VPinMAME.dll).

I'm running Windows 10, maybe that is blocking something else?

post-10888-0-80286400-1457350462_thumb.jpg

post-10888-0-80286400-1457350462_thumb.jpg

Try this

Is the setup.exe in the VPinMame Folder - set run as administrator

Already tried that one, no success. I've also removed all read-only rights from the folder + subfolders. Unblocked all files using powershell. Give "Everyone" Full Access to all files.

But that should be okay by default because I'm a local administrator. Is there any difference (besides the compression) between the normal and S.A.M.-enabled VPinMAME.dll? Do I miss some VB or C++ libraries/components?

Might be related to Windows 10.

Did the AIO install include bass.dll in your VPinMAME folder?

Thanks man. The "bass.dll" was only present in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\" and not "C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME". I just copied it in the VPinMAME folder and everything seems to work fine now.

I've edited the first question with the exact error message so search bots can pick this up!

Again, thanks a lot for the quick replies and help... Without it I would have never found the solution!

• Content Provider

Anything based off of VPM 2.7beta including the SAM build requires bass.dll because of the alt PinSound support. Has to be there in order to install successfully using setup.exe.

You can get it with the official beta builds here:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063&page=1

I'll also start including the file in the SAM build releases from here on out.

Do you use the alt_sound option?

I have two computers,  On both of them I used the sound from the motherboard...

On my desktop I have the b2s server setup, back glass on the desktop I only have the Bass.dll in the visual pinball folder and on my three screen cabinet I run a mechanical sounds out of the Playing field speakers and the other sound from the speaker grid and I only have the Bass.dll in the visual pinball folder ......  And all works fine

Archived