My Custom Pinballx Video In Color Thanks To Pin2Dmd Colorprism

gStAv

Thanks to the great Pin2Dmd and it's Colorprism FW + the custom PinballX dll file (thanks Lucky1), I now can run
my custom HULK themed video in color during attract mode where you select the tables.

This look so great but I can't really catch it in the clip, but it looks like a blend between the
original footage and the filmed DMD. Maybe the light is too strong from the DMD (or my equipment to shitty *lol*)  :lol: 

Original movie made in Sony Vegas:

Filmed running on my cabs PIN2DMD/rgbDMD :

Hope you like it and get inspired make your custom cab vids (and please, post them for us to see)

Thanks all involved in this great project and the continuous development of its firmware.

Regards

/Gustav

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

What do you need for PinballX to be able to play the custom color video files?  I've been struggling with all of the color stuff to begin with.  At this point, I would be happy to just be able to display the custom color video my brother in law made for me in PinballX's attract mode.  Right now it's only displaying the video in the default red color.  I have a PinDmd3. 

Hi friend!

You should be able to pkay your own custom clip aswell as long as it have the correct dinensions and is named (try to remeber here so I might be incorrect) no_real_dmd.avi

Look in the setup wizard of pinballx and check the first or second page almos in the bottom. Use real dmd - yes and color. Think that default is red otherwise :) 

Hope you will get it going (and that you do not have a monochrome dmd or you'll be stuck forever *lol*)

6 hours ago, gStAv said:

Hi friend!

You should be able to pkay your own custom clip aswell as long as it have the correct dinensions and is named (try to remeber here so I might be incorrect) no_real_dmd.avi

Look in the setup wizard of pinballx and check the first or second page almos in the bottom. Use real dmd - yes and color. Think that default is red otherwise :) 

Hope you will get it going (and that you do not have a monochrome dmd or you'll be stuck forever *lol*)

Thanks for the reply!  The custom clip plays, has the right dimensions, and the DMD display panel (PINDMD3) does have full color.  But, I only get the default red when the clip plays in PinballX's attract mode.  Even the default "no real dmd color.avi" show the color of the PinballX logo in red, not the white as it should be. 

Archived