Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imagamejunky

Please Help With Evil Dead P-Roc!

Anyone get this game to load yet? I'm still getting "Line:9 ActiveX component can't create object: 'VPROC.Config'  Also get a couple controller script errors. Thanks

So I had this game working on my old PC and I had a hard disk error so it was time to get a new PC. The new PC is running windows 10 64bit and I have vpx/vpinmame/skeletongame/python loaded and running.

I can launch the evil dead from python and the display runs perfectly. I registered the VPROC controller and it says it registered fine.

When I launch any p-roc game I get this error. I thought perhaps it was an issue with my vp_game_map yaml but it matches perfectly to my old PC along with every other file. Anyone see this error and fix it? I also tried the suggestions from Horseys page to no avail.

https://github.com/horseyhorsey/proc-visual-pinball/blob/master/README_2.7.md

image.png.669e3d0cbd3069ab6c5ada01a1d0a86d.png

This doesn't look like the complete error message, so it could be something simple like a syntax error in one of the game code files.

Did you 'pip install requests'?  

I think it makes a difference if you were copying over files from a back-up versus just starting over with a new install. If you think something is fundamentally wrong with the install then it might be good to clear and start over using the P-ROC_Offline_Installer-v3.4 posted in the CCC table support thread. I've found that it is compatible with Horsey's tables. Requires entering 'pip install requests' in the command line after completing Step 1 and Step 2.

Yes, this was a new install from scratch. I merely copied over my working vp_game_map yaml since it has all of the games in it. Same folders, same everything. It looks like its bombing on the display window when its getting drawn. 

Getting this VP bridge to work is the hardest thing in VP, honestly.  I tried the offline installer 3.4 and could not get the vproc.controller to initialize. THen I went back and started over again with the skeleton game installer (http://skeletongame.com/files/proc_env_installer_wHD_1.27.exe) and got the vproc controller to initialize but when it goes to load the LCD window it dies. So close.....

Last couple of years, I've only used the offline installer (automated by ninuzzu), default install (everything on C drive). No backup of vp_game_map.yaml. The default file works for me out of the box. I think all known projects are already listed in that file. Works perfectly. You might make sure that files are unblocked. I don't recall about running bats as admin. I might have done that although the bat tries to get admin permissions automatically for you. You might try rolling back completely/uninstalling  and trying again.

Sorry, I can't be much more help. I did install manually years ago when the VP bridge was first introduced, but I've very much appreciated having the more automated approach. Had to do a hard system reset a couple of months ago, and I had no problem installing with v3.3 and nothing has changed in the Step 1 and Step 2 part of the process since v3.3.