Please Help With Evil Dead P-Roc!

imagamejunky

Hi guys.

I've spent hours now.  I cannot figure out how to run Evil Dead Proc.  It appears that there are many different ways to set this up.  I'm VERY confused.  For example, I tried to follow the instructions on vpforums for proc and also for evil dead. doing the test in command prompt I never saw the number 6 come up.  I saw python with a version that ended in 6.  Where is this 6 supposed to show up?  I installed Proc with Python on my C drive, and I now have a visual pinball folder AND I have a games folder.  I see the skeleton folder inside the games folder. Do I put my current visual pinball folders and files inside the games folder or inside the visual pinball folder?  Do I need to create an evil dead folder to put inside the games folder alongside the skeleton folder? Shouldn't evil dead vpx be in the tables folder in visual pinball?  I read somewhere that I"m supposed to launch this with something OTHER than vpx.  How? Some instructions say to use the "install button".  Where is this install button?  I am completely lost here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Junky

No.  I can't get anything to run with proc.  Just errors out.

I followed Fren's guide here ...  http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2286-cactus-canyon-continued-proc-in-vp/?p=25166

I can get all the way to the step where he says

"For the bridge to recognize this game folder you need to add this Template game into the vp_game_map.yaml see the following:

SkeletonProc:
path: /../games/SkeletonVP10
kls: Game.Game
yaml: /../games/SkeletonVP10/config/GameConfig.yaml"

And I'm lost

• Administrators

Following his guide, I installed a new version of visual pinball x inside the proc folder.  This TOTALLY screwed up my normal vp folder.  I had to re set up my vpinmame and also my b2s server

You only need to copy over the Vpinballx.exe file and other necessary files such as dll's.  Do NOT do a full install as it will use that install as your primary install and screw up your normal install.

• 1 month later...

Horseyhorsey,

I followed your wiki guide and I'm still unable to load either Evil Dead or the Skeleton table via Visual Pinball X.

I can load both from a command prompt opened in the EvilDead folder or in the Skeleton folder.  Although this does not load VP, it only loads a small window with the evildead videos playing and then I can press 1 to "start" a game (but nothing actually starts)

When I try to run the EvilDead.vpx table from within VP I am getting the following 3 errors (attached pictures).  I get the same errors when trying to run the skeleton table from vp also.  The evildead b2s backglass loads no problem.

I can run any other vpx table without issue.

I've gone through your wiki again and again. Please help me out.

Thanks in advance

Junky

post-373-0-11238800-1460426040_thumb.jpg

post-373-0-64359200-1460426053_thumb.jpg

post-373-0-04276100-1460426073_thumb.jpg

Another question.

On this page https://bitbucket.org/horseyhorsey/pyprocgame-evildead/wiki/vp_game_map   The instructions state..

Add the following entry:

EvilDead:
path: /../games/EvilDead
yaml: /../games/EvilDead/config/GameConfig.yaml
Path = Game folder that holds python modules. kls = Game entry class point. C:\P-ROC\games\EvilDead\Game.py yaml = Machine configuration file.

Are we supposed to edit the kls:line that only says Game.Game with  C:\P-ROC\games\EvilDead\Game.py    ??

Sorry for the confusion

Junky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 23/2/2016 at 7:59 PM, imagamejunky said:

Hi guys.

I've spent hours now.  I cannot figure out how to run Evil Dead Proc.  It appears that there are many different ways to set this up.  I'm VERY confused.  For example, I tried to follow the instructions on vpforums for proc and also for evil dead. doing the test in command prompt I never saw the number 6 come up.  I saw python with a version that ended in 6.  Where is this 6 supposed to show up?  I installed Proc with Python on my C drive, and I now have a visual pinball folder AND I have a games folder.  I see the skeleton folder inside the games folder. Do I put my current visual pinball folders and files inside the games folder or inside the visual pinball folder?  Do I need to create an evil dead folder to put inside the games folder alongside the skeleton folder? Shouldn't evil dead vpx be in the tables folder in visual pinball?  I read somewhere that I"m supposed to launch this with something OTHER than vpx.  How? Some instructions say to use the "install button".  Where is this install button?  I am completely lost here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Junky

I deduced that you have downloaded the table! I have jaws and it works fine! If you want i can try to help you but i will be gratfull if you pass me the table because i missed it! And now i cant downloaded it!

On 23/2/2016 at 10:07 PM, imagamejunky said:

No.  I can't get anything to run with proc.  Just errors out.

I followed Fren's guide here ...  http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2286-cactus-canyon-continued-proc-in-vp/?p=25166

I can get all the way to the step where he says

"For the bridge to recognize this game folder you need to add this Template game into the vp_game_map.yaml see the following:

SkeletonProc:
path: /../games/SkeletonVP10
yaml: /../games/SkeletonVP10/config/GameConfig.yaml"

And I'm lost

I have version of proc fully works also for cactus canyon continued. I can share my configuration if someone pass me the evildead table! I m not interested in modify table and i dont know how to modify p-roc but i have a fully work proc installed tanks to monsterbashpincab.com. i love evil dead table and im not understand the decision of pinhorse.....

12 hours ago, Thalamus said:

You can't really share your p-proc installation. At least the way you seem to suggest. Try pack the stuff you think is required and extract it to a virtual machine. Only when you get to run proper are you ready to share your install.

Yes i have installed the original file from autoinstall of monsterbarshpincab.com and i force a request of install pip in system as shown on this site. thats all! But this would be enough to run any table.... In anycase i would appreciate very much if someone share with me the evildead table. I dont understand the decision of horsepin.....

Still - that routine of yours isn't going to work, transferring it to another computer. Python pr. example is installed to the machine. Not copied into the folder like you believe it is.

It is horsepin decision and his alone to make. The truth is that once 10.6 i released - everyone that has the table in their collection will be able to open it and make modifications. I think we all should respect the fact that he originally didn't want us to poke around in it and that we don't share this table or make mods of it. Just my opinion. I neither can or will try to police anyone.

• 4 months later...
22 hours ago, outhere said:

Open Command Prompt window and type - pip install requests 

Thnx! It downloaded something Python-ish and now I can start a game but no B2S and after a while it crashes But one step closer.

Also tried Jaws and it looks like this one is not crashing.

But I'm still struggling with DMDext so my PIN2DMD is not showing anything and virtual DMD is on the playfield.

Jaws.png

Something similar for jaws 

Click on The Evil Dead Folder in your P-roc 
There should be a file call config.yaml - Open that --  I use notepad
You can change the 3 lines marked in red

desktop_dmd_scale: 1  -- 1 to 4-  I use 2

dmd_framerate: 23.98
dmd_flip: 0
screen_position_x: 0     Change this number to locate the DMD
screen_position_y: 0    Change this number to locate the DMD

Baskglass in here

game_user_settings.yaml

• Content Provider

Chepas would have you enable db2s using the in-game service menu. I believe it is 

7 - Exit

8 - down

9 - up

0 - Enter

Not sure which yaml file gets modified for b2s. Could be game_user_settings. Could be something else. Use the service menu then you can be sure that you are enabling backglass as intended. It is disabled by default.