Pinkadia! The Ultimate Virtual Pinball / Arcade / Pc Combo Cabinet!

TerryRed

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Here is a demo of the new program DOFLinx (formerly DOFFX2) by DDH69. I've been beta testing it for a while now. This program has many more features and now provides full true feedback for Future Pinball using DOF.

This means support for all of the modern pinball cabinet toys, lighting and feedback for Led-Wiz, Sainsmart USB, PACLED64, and KL25Z.

This is my first attempt at doing anything with VB script and adding feedback to a table. I modded Star Trek (Stern) Ultimate Edition by SLAMT1LT to include animated lighting effects and feedback. Here is a video demo of DOFLinx running on my cabinet:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Aliens Legacy (Ultimate Badass Edition) (V1.12) (DOFLinx-Cabinet Edition)

DOFLinx mod by TerryRed

A video demonstration of this table running on my cabinet using DOFLinx can be seen at:

Man, this mod was alot of work, but alot of fun....but only because this table has so many cool modes and features....

You have never seen a Future Pinball table with this kind of feedback and lighting in a cabinet!

I added animated RGB flasher effects for:

-machine gun turret fire
-grenade explosions
-nuclear explosions
-flame thrower
-blow torch
-custom flasher sequences to match those of the table's
-orbit (spinner?) effects
-ship drop sequence

I made use of some combined effects like shaker / blower fan / lights.

Devices supported on this table:

Left flipper
Right flipper
Left slingshot
Right slingshot
Mid field left solenoid
Mid field center solenoid
Mid field right solenoid
Back left solenoid
Back right solenoid
Flasher, outside left
Flasher, inside left
Flasher, center
Flasher, outside right
Flasher, inside right
Blower Fan
Shaker
Gear Motor
Strobe
Beacon
Start button
Coin button
Launch Ball button
FIRE button
RGB Undercab Lighting

I had to use 14 Timers and sub routines to match up some effects with video clips.

The table is a bit hard....but if you can progress, you'll be rewarded with a nice light show and some good feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Well, here we go with another great Future Pinball original table being given the DOFLinx treatment!

I present to you.... ROBOCOP (Ultimate Edition) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)!

A video demonstration of the table running on my cabinet using DOFLinx can be seen here:

This was another fun table that is REALLY cool to play with alot of modes. The videos and sound combined with the flashing lights and feedback really make a difference!

-Robocop gun fire (Ball Launch)
-ED-209 machine gun fire (failed to comply)
-Cain spinner
-Robocop Return Fire
-red / blue sirens

I made use of some combined effects like shaker / blower fan / gear motor and flasher lights.

Left flipper
Right flipper
Left slingshot
Right slingshot
Mid field left solenoid
Mid field right solenoid
Back left solenoid
Back right solenoid
Flasher, outside left
Flasher, inside left
Flasher, center
Flasher, outside right
Flasher, inside right
Blower Fan
Shaker
Gear Motor
Strobe
Beacon
Start button
Coin button
Launch Ball button
RGB Undercab Lighting

It's getting alot easier to add DOFLinx support, though I spend more time testing, then scripting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

I present another fine Future Pinball table now given the DOFLinx treatment:

Superman (Ultimate Edition) (SLAMT1LT) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

A video demonstration of the table running on my cabinet using DOFLinx can be seen here:

This is another fun table that is now even better thanks to DOFLinx.  

-Superman Ball Launch
-Machine Gun Fire
-Regenerating Sequence
-Ball Lock

I made use of some combined effects like shaker / blower fan / gear motor and flasher lights.

I made the RGB under cabinet lighting change based on events during play: Krypton Ball, Tilt, Fight, etc..

Left flipper
Right flipper
Left slingshot
Right slingshot
Mid field left solenoid
Mid field right solenoid
Back left solenoid
Back right solenoid
Flasher, outside left
Flasher, inside left
Flasher, center
Flasher, outside right
Flasher, inside right
Blower Fan
Shaker
Gear Motor
Strobe
Beacon
Start button
Coin button
Launch Ball button
RGB Undercab Lighting

Custom Backbox Overlay Frame:

I added a custom "Overlay" frame on the backglass that fits a 16:9 screen perfectly and works with the videos and LCD graphics on the backbox. (which I also relocated to the backbox as they were not visible for cabinet users). If you don't want to use this and prefer the original backbox artwork, then just use the Future Pinball editor...chose Translite...and then "unlock" and drag the "SupermanBG" Overlay off screen..and save the table.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Here we have another fine Future Pinball table given the DOFLinx upgrade!

Jaws (Ultimate Edition 1.05) (p2.7) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

Original table by rom, Ultimate Edition by SLAMT1LT, DOFLinx mod by TerryRed

To see this table running on my cabinet, watch this video:

I made a "DOFLinx Future Pinball table modding video tutorial" while modding this table. It can be seen here:

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=6284

Enjoy!

• Content Provider

Iron Man (Ultimate Edition 1.06) (DOFLinx – Cabinet Edition)

A video demonstrating this table in my cabinet using DOFLinx can be seen here:

The ULTIMATE Iron Man pinball cabinet experience!

-unique animated flasher effects based on what mode you’re in

-animated machine gun effects during Iron Monger modes

-animated electrical effects for Whiplash and Iron Monger

-blower fan gives a woosh effect while flying on the ramps

-shaker motor effects for Whiplash’s and Iron Monger’s magnets, as well as machine gun and repulsor fire

-every time the repulsor is fired off with the FIRE button (launch and Iron Monger attack), the flashers slowly charge up “white” to match the video clip and then blast.

-when Iron Monger rises and lowers, the gear motor operates.

-The RGB under cabinet lighting will change based on your music selection, and also what multiball or game mode you are in

-Fire button, of course works…as does Launch, Coin, and Start

-animated Orbits left / right.

-beacon goes off during all multiball modes, bogey, jericho, do or die, and Iron Monger modes.

-strobe effects

-10 solenoid feedback for flippers, bumpers, kickers, etc.

-and other stuff I probably forgot about…

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Tron Legacy (Ultimate 1.13) (SLAMT1LT) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

The Ultimate Tron Legacy virtual pinball cabinet experience...and only on Future Pinball with DOFLinx!

A video that shows off this excellent table with amazing DOFLinx cabinet effects can be seen at this link (in my cabinet) :

Features:

- amazing animated 5 RGB flasher effects

- RGB undercab lighting changes based on characters, multiball, and game modes

- gear motor operates with the Recognizer's movement

- shaker motor and blower fan operates for cinematic videos, and many table events

- 10 solenoid support for all mechanical devices (flipper, slings, bumpers, etc)

- beacon lights up during cinematics and certain game modes

- strobe effects throughout

- animated effects for: Video Game mode, Disc Wars, Clu Ball, Light Cycle Battle, Zeus multiball, Drain, Orbits, Challenge of the Grid, etc...

- Ramp: animated flasher effects change colour based on mode and game progression

- all effects combine for an amazing feedback and light show like no other pinball game!

It's crazy.... there's over 1000 lines of DOFLinx commands and my own code that I put into this table!

• Content Provider

Avatar (ULTIMATE 1.01) (p2.6) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

The Ultimate AVATAR virtual pinball cabinet experience...and only on Future Pinball with DOFLinx!

A video that shows off this excellent table with amazing DOFLinx cabinet effects can be seen at this link (in my cabinet) :

Features:

- animated explosion and machine gun flasher effects

- RGB undercab lighting changes based on multiball, score and game modes

- gear motor operates with the AMP Mech Walker's movement

- shaker motor and blower fan operates for magnets, cinematic videos, and many table events

- 10 solenoid support for all mechanical devices (flipper, slings, bumpers, etc)

- flasher effects change colour based on mode and game progression

- Start, Coin, Launch Ball button lights: flash / On / Off during table events / functions

- all effects combine for an amazing feedback and light show!

• Content Provider

Tron Legacy (STERN) (ULTIMATE) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

After all these years... the Ultimate Tron Legacy STERN virtual pinball cabinet experience is here! ...and only on Future Pinball with DOFLinx!

When the table first loads, press START (1) to turn on the table! :)

Features:

- animated explosion and Light Jet machine gun flasher effects, and Light Cycle effects

- RGB undercab lighting changes based on multiball, game modes, and much more

- gear motor operates when shooting at the spinning disc

- shaker motor and blower fan operates for many table events

- flasher effects change colour based on mode and game progression

- Start, Coin, Launch Ball button lights: flash / On / Off during table events / functions

For SLAMT1LT's newest versions of his tables (without DOFLinx support), goto his website:

http://speak1970.wixsite.com/slamspinballemporium

Watch the video. This is a really cool table!

• Content Provider

I don’t know if you guys realize this….but I actually don’t even hear these games while I record them. I have the speakers turned off. The only thing I hear is the noise of the solenoids from the cabinet. The game sound is recorded with the playfield capture, and then I sync everything up afterward. This allows for much better sound in the video. I get to know these tables real well while doing the mods. I imagine what voices or sounds are played in my head so I don’t talk over them. :)

Hi Terry,

I am adding a Zebs Basic Easy kit for feedback to my cabinet. I really like the way you made your light bar with side lights, so I didn't get Zebs light bar, I've ordered the LED strips and looking forward to getting this setup.. In your video, you said you used the Teensy board which has a Cat5 cable coming out of it. I was thinking of the Teensy 3.6 board w/pins. Is this the one you picked up? I'm not sure from the pic on the PJRC storefront if it has the CAT5 plug. Can you verify? 

• Content Provider
21 hours ago, Gromit said:

Hi Terry,

I am adding a Zebs Basic Easy kit for feedback to my cabinet. I really like the way you made your light bar with side lights, so I didn't get Zebs light bar, I've ordered the LED strips and looking forward to getting this setup.. In your video, you said you used the Teensy board which has a Cat5 cable coming out of it. I was thinking of the Teensy 3.6 board w/pins. Is this the one you picked up? I'm not sure from the pic on the PJRC storefront if it has the CAT5 plug. Can you verify? 

I used the 3.2 Teensy, and the Octo Board and Pins as seen on this page:

https://www.pjrc.com/store/octo28_adaptor.html

OK... I checked the site and ordered the 3 items. Looks pretty simple with his clear instructions. I'm glad I asked, as I almost ordered the 3.6 last night. Thanks for the quick reply!

I've wired many a LED strip for my Christmas decorations, and it seems like this is wired a bit differently. I just add a ground wire from the power supply at the start and end of each full run. The ground runs through all the strips using the 3 connectors strip-to-strip. With the Octoboard, you need to wire a ground from the Octo to the start of each strip? For your setup, on the 6 strip back LED display, do you use that ground on each strip on one side (say the right) only?

Do you power inject every 2 strips?

• Content Provider
4 minutes ago, Gromit said:

OK... I checked the site and ordered the 3 items. Looks pretty simple with his clear instructions. I'm glad I asked, as I almost ordered the 3.6 last night. Thanks for the quick reply!

I've wired many a LED strip for my Christmas decorations, and it seems like this is wired a bit differently. I just add a ground wire from the power supply at the start and end of each full run. The ground runs through all the strips using the 3 connectors strip-to-strip. With the Octoboard, you need to wire a ground from the Octo to the start of each strip? For your setup, on the 6 strip back LED display, do you use that ground on each strip on one side (say the right) only?

Do you power inject every 2 strips?

You can do it a couple of different ways...

For my setup, I have both Power (5V) and GND (5V-) from the 5V supply injected at each of the side strips and on the back matrix. The DATA line connects continuously from the Octo board, to the first strip, and then runs continuous to the back matrix, and then the other side strip.

You can also run separate data and gnd lines to each strip / matrix, but I haven't set it up like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Star Wars Death Star Assault (ULTIMATE 1.04) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

The most explosive and Ultimate Star Wars pinball experience is here...and only on Future Pinball with DOFLinx!

Features:

- activate the Lightsabers (during attract mode) with the FIRE / 2nd flipper / Special Button
- animated explosion, Tie Fighter, and X-wing blaster RGB flashers effects
- RGB undercab lighting changes based on the intense action
- gear motor operates everytime R2-D2 rotates his head
- shaker motor and blower fan operates for explosions and other table events
- Millennium Falcon Video mode!
- Chewie gets angry if you don't give him money!
- lots of video clips and sound effects for non-stop action!

I was glad that I was able to get this done before I'll be gone for 4 months.

Another great video demo that's worth watching to the end....

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Here are a few other videos of DOFLinx mods I did recently for those interested....

Bubble Bobble

Knight Rider

RetroFlair

....and finally a VERY cool Visual Pinball X table. The Walking Dead LE. This has the crossbow, full colour virtual DMD with pretty dots, PWM flashers, and a customized Cleland rom for original music and sounds from the TV show.

I also added my own little mod of the addressable led 5 RGB flashers emulation. Instead of the normal circle shapes, I have it spell out "DEAD". I think it looks pretty cool!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Content Provider

Now I'm finally back home after 4 months...and I'm going to be really busy getting my house ready to sell....but I figured I'd pass along some recent updates that have been going on.

First was my latest DOFLinx mod of DRAKKO's excellent Wipeout for Future Pinball. A video demo can be seen here:

Next, is a big update of Pinball X. Now it supports video toppers.  A video topper is displayed on a screen above your backglass screen. You can have Pinball X display a video here while browsing, but also while actually playing your game.  For me, I make use of this for the upper half of my dual middle screen. This makes my life soooo much easier. Now I finally have all of my media properly caught up and formatted to use with this for VPX, PFX2, and Future Pinball. A video demo can be seen here:

Lastly...  I decided to finally add in Letters and Shapes to DOF R3's   *shapes.xml file to be used with addressable leds for all tables.  After bugging poor Arngrim, he's added them to the DOF Config Tool!  So now everyone can use them!

Here's a quick video showing a few examples of a simple 5 flasher replacement for Tales of the Arabian Nights "TOTAN", Theatre of Magic "MAGIC", and Walking Dead  "DEAD".

I've also decided to try dabbling into doing DOF'ing for VP.  I've added full effects and animation for addressable leds for ACDC LE for VPX.  I'll have a video up soon enough to show that off!

• Content Provider

AC/DC LE for VPX.

Such an amazing table. Gorgeous.

I think it deserves something special....   how about some cool new addressable leds matrix effects, animation, letters and words that appear for almost everything throughout the table events.

I present to you...my 1st ever DOF mod for a VP table. The AC/DC cabinet "FIRE" edition! ;)    I added in all the DOF for addressable leds, as well as a couple of beacon and FIRE button functions! (Arngrim already had the normal DOF stuff done)

Some effects included are:

- animated effects for the electric spinner,

- animated effects for the bell

- letters that light up (with effects) for each target (AC/DC, TNT, ROCK) and the AXE rollovers

- animated effects and the word "FIRE" that show up when the cannon is ready to fire

- side rail effects for each ramp

- bumper and slingshot effects

- side rail effects for drain

- 5 flasher emulation on the side strips, positioned where they are on the playfield

Here is a video demonstration a bunch of gameplay in my cabinet. You've never seen a VP table look quite like this.....

Archived