Pin2Dmd Colorprism V2.0 Firmware

lucky1

On 11/18/2017 at 2:58 PM, lucky1 said:

V2.50

-added support for firmware upgrade from SD card. From now on copy pin2dmd.upd file to SD card and reboot device.

-Nucleo  PIN2DMD XL version 2.08 with  support for firmware upgrade from SD card.  From now on copy pin2dmd_XL.upd file to SD card and reboot device.

Does the sd card upgrade work with the stm32? 

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider
4 hours ago, tjc02002 said:

Does the sd card upgrade work with the stm32? 

Firmware upgrade from SD card works on all supported platforms with firmware >= 2.50. Older firmware versions first need a upgrade via USB.

• 2 months later...
On 12/7/2017 at 1:11 AM, lucky1 said:

Firmware upgrade from SD card works on all supported platforms with firmware >= 2.50. Older firmware versions first need a upgrade via USB.

As I am getting close to wanting to test my colorization for Tee'd Off, I see that my firmware is still 2.41 from when I first bought and installed my pin2dmd last summer.  I am thinking before I try and upload my colorization, I should first update the firmware. I have downloaded the latest 2.54 firmware, but since I have never updated my 2.41, do I need to do the firmware update with 2.54 via USB?  After that, would I then just remove the SD card from the display, insert it into my laptop and copy the upd file onto to update the firmware in the future?

Thanks for the help. Getting excited to see all the hours of colorizing finally come to life.

• Content Provider
As I am getting close to wanting to test my colorization for Tee'd Off, I see that my firmware is still 2.41 from when I first bought and installed my pin2dmd last summer.  I am thinking before I try and upload my colorization, I should first update the firmware. I have downloaded the latest 2.54 firmware, but since I have never updated my 2.41, do I need to do the firmware update with 2.54 via USB?  After that, would I then just remove the SD card from the display, insert it into my laptop and copy the upd file onto to update the firmware in the future?
Thanks for the help. Getting excited to see all the hours of colorizing finally come to life.

First:
Update to 2.50 with the USB
(Pin2dmd.bin file)

After V 2.50:
Just place the pin2dmd.upd file on the sd card, card back in the pin2dmd, reboot the controller, update runs by itself.

http://www.pin2dmd.com for more information.

- Sascha

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask you this:

today I installed the new SAMbuild (4466).

In this package there is also a pin2dmd folder and in it is a pin2dmd.dll file.

Are updates given through this package or is it best to keep track here on this forum?

As I did not see any news here on this forum...should I install this dll from the SAMbuild package or not?

Thanks

• Content Provider

For SAMbuild, I include any dmddevice.dll that VPinMAMEdev has added to the official repository since the previous official release. So it’s actually more a question for VPinMAMEdev. I’m not positive but I think they just pull from the Pin2DMD repository. And VPinMAMEdev have updated the dll again since rev 4466 release. I’ll kick this back to@lucky1. I think the Pin2DMD repo will always have the latest and greatest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have a good source for the panels? I ordered these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Low-price-Shenzhen-led-factory-led-module-rgb-p2-5-64x32-64-32-dots-programmable-digital/32652644486.html but they are unsatisfactory. Single colors end up like tiny dots instead of filling the circles. The videos of the pin2dmd look so good compared to this. The camera makes it look like its kinda filling the circles but to the eye all I see is the tiny dots. 

20180226_222422.jpg

Hey bunbun is your picture? If not but it gave me idea how big it is! Everyone just post DMD panel only that doesn’t give me idea how big and long. Thanks for posting that. I can’t do the math in metric. I would love have at least 24 to 27 inches width and height 5 to 7 inches. I know sound crazy ? idea for myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How is it possible to choose colors for DE 128x16, and how many colors ?
And will pin2dmd tool support 128x16 displays in the future ?
Thank's

It already does ;)
But you need the DE controllerboard. You can find the schematic on github or in the shop in my footer.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Wow, a response from Dominik... I tried to communicate for several weeks with you, mails, what'sapp.... no response ! I am still waiting for a 64x64 p2 panel exchange.

I already make the test, but I can't change colors because pin2dmd.exe don't manage 128x16. I know it's beta for the moment.

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, tbrioux said:

Wow, a response from Dominik... I tried to communicate for several weeks with you, mails, what'sapp.... no response ! I am still waiting for a 64x64 p2 panel exchange.

I already make the test, but I can't change colors because pin2dmd.exe don't manage 128x16. I know it's beta for the moment.

Did you already test with a 128x16 machine ? Which machine ?

You can generate a palette offline when you press the save button and don´t have a USB connection to the pin2dmd panel. 

Just copy the pin2dmd.pal to the SD card and you are done. The only thing that is not supported is to select 128x16 as devicemode from

the pin2dmd.exe.

Yes I test with Batman.

It seems I have default colors from VGA Palette (black, white, red and blue), but I don't understand what number between 1 and 16 to change in the palette.

I tried to modify custom palette with pin2dmd.exe in dataEast mode (Changed white to Orange). When I copy pin2dmd.pal on sd card the colors remains unchanged, the main color is always white.

Archived