Pin2Dmd Colorprism V2.0 Firmware

lucky1

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, tjc02002 said:

the reason I bring this up is because I emailed the supplier I used for my first set of panels to get some more and he said he only has 1/32 scan being produced now. im sure I will find 1/16. quick search came up with this for 1/32:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/p2-5-smd-indoor-led-module_60467702085.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.e58uWb

Its really no big deal just curious. you guys are doing an awesome job with this!

I think what he is trying to tell you that he is only selling the 160x160mm and not the 80x160mm anymore. The 160/160 panels are 1/32 scan but to big for the use with pinball machines.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I had time to play a little bit with the color values. 

I use these for a kind of plasma look for 4 color games

pin2dmd.pal

Well I like that very much... that's closer! Thanks for sharing!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
On 7/3/2017 at 4:41 AM, lucky1 said:

I had time to play a little bit with the color values. 

I use these for a kind of plasma look for 4 color games

pin2dmd.pal

Do you have a default palettes defined for systems that have greater than 4 shades?

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, CarnyPriest said:

Do you have a default palettes defined for systems that have greater than 4 shades?

I use mostly red or blue if there is no color palette available.

• Content Provider
On 22.2.2016 at 9:18 AM, lucky1 said:

V.2.42

No new features but new hardware support. Due to the production change of the chinese advertising panels.
a redesign of the shield hardware was necessary. The new shield supports the piggy-back installation on all supported panel types (64x32 and 64x64). We took the chance to also change from the STM32F4 DISCO  board to the  Nucleo-144 board series.
We currently support the STM32F429 Nucleo-144 which more or less is the same as the discovery board but Nucleo-144 series offers a wide range of  powerful processors (up to 400Mhz ARM7) for the future.

- added support for panels with different RGB color sequence (GRB etc) (use onscreen menu to change)
- added support for 4bit high speed SD card access on Nucleo board
- store config also in eeprom
- PIN2DMD XL support on Nucleo-144 shield (public firmware Version 2.01)

Schematics and layout of the Nucleo Shield and also a DC-DC converter breakout board can be found on github.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, malenko said:

COMBO BREAKER!

So, whats this mean to the old shield peeps?  New ones will use this but they'll be no backward compatibility issues?

For the end user absolutely no difference. 100% compatible. They both run the same code only with different pinout mappings

• Content Provider
16 hours ago, UncleSash said:

Nice Design.
I like to use it, to support the US Memebers and all others.

There is one Question to your SD Card Shield:

Which mode are you usind?   SDIO or SPI interfaces?!

thank you
Sascha

Hi Sascha,

thanks. No problem, you can take it. It is free. We use 4bit SDIO with the Nucleo, That is why we changed the waveshare SD module which is widely available. That is the cheapest source I found so far https://de.aliexpress.com/item/10PCS-WaveShare-Micro-SD-card-module-memory-module-development-board-SD-card-connector-Free-shipping/32616654794.html

• Content Provider
15 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Hi Sascha,

thanks. No problem, you can take it. It is free. We use 4bit SDIO with the Nucleo, That is why we changed the waveshare SD module which is widely available. That is the cheapest source I found so far https://de.aliexpress.com/item/10PCS-WaveShare-Micro-SD-card-module-memory-module-development-board-SD-card-connector-Free-shipping/32616654794.html

Thanks.

I changed some SILK SCREEN settings in the layout from the V4 Board. Because of a better readable print on the PCB.
The Traces are 100% the same.
I like to contribute that back to you.
Just give me a note when you are interested in.

- Sascha

• Content Provider

Hello Folks.
I am back from Vacation, but not in Town for the next week.

But I Ordered the first batch from the V4 Shield, they should be available in 2 Weeks. (except the SD Card reader)
The PCB Design is the reference design from Lucky1.
I also Orderd the Original WaveShare micro SD Card Shield , from the Waveshare webdside (delivery takes 2-4 weeks)

The Price is all most the same.
just 5 Bugs more, because of the Expensive SD Card Shield and the new Controller.
The rest is the same.

I have also 14 pcs V3 shields (+ 9 STM Dicovery Controllers), still here.
The will go for a nice Discounted price, when I am back in South Carolina (next week).

• Content Provider
20 hours ago, UncleSash said:

Thanks.

I changed some SILK SCREEN settings in the layout from the V4 Board. Because of a better readable print on the PCB.
The Traces are 100% the same.
I like to contribute that back to you.
Just give me a note when you are interested in.

- Sascha

Just PM me a download link to the updated files.

Hello Lucky1,

can I have your support for this please:

I'm experiencing a problem with the PIN2DMD when selecting / starting a table within PinballX.

Problem is that PIN2DMD looses track of the colors.

Example:  see this: this is a static company logo as defined and displayed by the pin2dmd within PBX, everything fine:

20170818_125734.jpg

Now...when pressing Start to play this table the display immediately looks like this :

20170818_125722.jpg

Same with i.e. a Williams logo:

20170913_220053.jpg

Starting the tablew will give this:

20170913_220039.jpg

Some thing I've noticed:

1) the wrong colors are always the same "wrong" when starting a table so it's always the same wrong picture showing up

2) when a table has started and the wrong picture shows up: when pressing "pause" the display resets, showing the image again, always right. When exiting this VPX pause menu back to the table the picture now always is right.

3) These are static pictures used with EM machines or machines without DMD. When I have a DMD machine the pin2DMD shows an active (not static) movie in pinballx. When starting a table the color also changes to "weird" but because the display is being refreshed by the table itself the color comes back ok.

4) More difficult: not always the pin2dmd goes wrong (but most of the time it is.

I can not remember having this problem with the previous firmware (not sure but I would remember) so it look likes it's introduced with the latest firmware.

I tried both the latest driver found on your github page as well as the one that comes with the latest pinmame beta updates, both the same.

Thanks for your support, if you want more info let me know,

Archived