Pin2Dmd Colorprism V2.0 Firmware

lucky1

Well....  tried to upgrade to 2.39 but...problems.

First: flashed the board: that was succesfull. : usb cable to other port.

Copied / replaced the following files:

dmddecice.dll     dmddevice.h    libusbK.dll  (as in integration\pinmame) to the pinmame dir

Run pinmame setup/install

Runned a VPX testtable (AC/DC) :   table is loading, see PF and BG but no display, no start up of table and then...beng, back to windows (not even back to VPX)

Run pinmame, test and  took ST:TNG X7 rom to test.   Romtest ok, pressed RUN and.....beng, same: directly back to windows

Strange: took by coincedence in Pinmame for the test Cactus Canyon and...display works.

Reverted back to 2.37 (both firmware and .dll 's and everything fine.

Set it up again with 2.39: same thing but:

**  :      when I use the old dmddevice.dll from 2.37  everything is fine.   So now the setup is 2.39 (firmware, other software) except dmddevice.dll and everything is running ok.

Did I miss anything?   PS: also using the latest sam pinmame (released yesterday with the fix for Metallica hammer and AC DC coli on ramp)

Thanks

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I fixed a bug in file handling. Updated version is on github.

OK!...did test it with no-color dmd, pal color dmd, full color dmd, everything OK now.

Thank you for your support!

Update:

the new dll 's for integration within pinballx (xdmd.dll / xdmdnative.dll) do not work with pinballx : no display at all.

Tested with latest PinballX version, (2.36)

Older dll's (my pc says 28-4-2016, 249kB/86kB) work fine, 

• Content Provider

Did you also copy the dmddevice.dll to your pinballX directory ? These dlls are for use with dmddevice.dll interface and therefore need access to a dmddevice.dll .

Same thing here, no more display in PBX using DMDDevice.dll from Pin2DMD master archive, DMDDevice.dll from Freezy and an old Pin2DMD DMDDevice.dll.

But if you switch the driver with Zadig to libusbK.dll then PBX displays videos again.

Also when I launch Pin2DMD.exe and reset the device, I've got the boot sequence then Pin2DMD.exe displays an error saying Firmware version not supported! Please upgrade!

I'm of course using latest 2.39 firmware.

Thanks ;)

14 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Did you also copy the dmddevice.dll to your pinballX directory ? These dlls are for use with dmddevice.dll interface and therefore need access to a dmddevice.dll .

Didn't know that was necessary.... but... I gave that a try and...no display.

But...then I copied the other 2 files (dmddevice.h and libusbK.dll)  also to the pb X dir and.... YES!  it's working.

Did some trying again and: PBX needs 2 files to run pin2dmd: dmddevice.dll and libusbK.dll.  

So... the .h file is not needed but will copy it anyway....

Thanks for the support!

• Content Provider

You only need the .h file for integration as a programmer. The libusbK is only needed if you use libusb32 drivers in backwards compatibility mode instead of windows native winusb drivers. Winusb is recommended unless you need old libusb32 drivers for some older software.

I am totally interested in having a color DMD display (not real dot matrix, using a 15 inch LCD monitor), but am totally confused about how to proceed!Can someone direct me to a tutorial about how to setup PIN2DMD for Visual Pinball using a 3 computer screen setup?  

• Content Provider
I am totally interested in having a color DMD display (not real dot matrix, using a 15 inch LCD monitor), but am totally confused about how to proceed!Can someone direct me to a tutorial about how to setup PIN2DMD for Visual Pinball using a 3 computer screen setup?  

Some links are old but the procedure is still the same:

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/lesser-known-features-of-vpinmame-dmd/

No guarantees that everything is going to work flawlessly. But definitely worth a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, ScottT said:

There is no PIN2DMD setup for a 3 computer screen. Either you have pin2dmd hardware or not. What you can do with a 3 computer screen is try out the dmddevice driver dll from freezy but that needs an update to work with the latest colorization methods e.g Simpsons Pinball Party is using. Freezy is already informed about that.

• Content Provider

Hey quick question, is "true orange" possible with these displays? Seems to be limited to an orange-yellow. Thinking like the orange from a PLASMA display. The LEDs don't come anywhere close to this color, based on some testing...

Here's plasma

IMG_3312.jpg

• Content Provider

The settings depend on the display. What I would do is display a scene where all shades are used in the pin2dmd editor
and the same scene on a plasma. for comparison.. Then you can use the ColorPicker with Live Preview activated to adjust the colors.

• Content Provider

I tried this out last night but site was down earlier

try starting with the last color palette (amber?) and change the hue on all the colors to 7

i think the brightness slider should also be increased

is ther a way to save default brightness to the SD card?  Thanks

We got the color sorta plasma orange but not close enough yet :)

When I pick orange in pin2dmd it is yellow that's for sure no where near orange. But colorized roms are all looking properly I just want non colored games to look like real Pinball's orange plasma color that's all but seems like a tough thing to get right

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, randr said:

We got the color sorta plasma orange but not close enough yet :)

When I pick orange in pin2dmd it is yellow that's for sure no where near orange. But colorized roms are all looking properly I just want non colored games to look like real Pinball's orange plasma color that's all but seems like a tough thing to get right

Would be nice if you would share your settings.

• Content Provider

The main color we chose was 255,55,0 and then just down from there. We couldn't get the shades just right but that color at 100% is dang close.

http://www.color-hex.com/color/ff3700

I guess it could be more orange, maybe 255,45,0? http://www.color-hex.com/color/ff2d00

randr should tinker a bit, he has plasmas to compare against.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey lucky,

it seems like its harder and harder to find the 1/16 scan panels and the 1/32 scan are more and more common. I realize the 1/16 are still available but im just curious if you have any plans to support the 1/32 scan panels in the future. thanks for any insight. love this project!

-Tom

• Content Provider

I haven´t seen any 1/32 scan panels which are dividable into 80x160mm . Do you have a link. From the technical side it is not a big problem because 1/32 scan is already used for pin2dmdXL with 64x192 resolution for Sega pinball machines.

the reason I bring this up is because I emailed the supplier I used for my first set of panels to get some more and he said he only has 1/32 scan being produced now. im sure I will find 1/16. quick search came up with this for 1/32:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/p2-5-smd-indoor-led-module_60467702085.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.e58uWb

Its really no big deal just curious. you guys are doing an awesome job with this!

Archived