Pin2Dmd Colorprism V2.0 Firmware

lucky1

• Content Provider

For all still running old versions, I added a evaluation mode to the latest 2.30 firmware.

That way you can continue installing and testing until you receive your activation key.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

since V2.20 pin2dmd.pal is the new name 

It is in the release notes on the first page here

Thanks, now it works again!

Kind suggestion: also update the documentation on pin2dmd.com (as not everyone has the habit of going through all pages of all topics on this forum to get information) ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Dies anyone have a copy of v2.13? It's not on the GitHub history, unfortunately.

That was the best version with my setup, and idiot me forgot to save a copy before upgrading to the latest v2.2x.  For my setup, the latest v2.2x versions are really bad on animations and quick screen changes. I jumped back to 2.07, but that early has scan issues. D'oh. :)

• Content Provider
12 hours ago, coyote said:

Dies anyone have a copy of v2.13? It's not on the GitHub history, unfortunately.

That was the best version with my setup, and idiot me forgot to save a copy before upgrading to the latest v2.2x.  For my setup, the latest v2.2x versions are really bad on animations and quick screen changes. I jumped back to 2.07, but that early has scan issues. D'oh. :)

Hi,

is it on your Addams with the special controller board ? I have a rough idea what it could be and we better should get it fixed in the latest version then using an old version I can provide you testing versions. PM me.

13 hours ago, coyote said:

I notice problems mostly when images are scrolling (happens frequently in Who Dunnit). What exactly do you see?

14 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Hi,

is it on your Addams with the special controller board ? I have a rough idea what it could be and we better should get it fixed in the latest version then using an old version I can provide you testing versions. PM me.

Twilight Zone, but yeah, it's the PINLed board. :) Will drop you a PM.

13 hours ago, mgpasman said:

I notice problems mostly when images are scrolling (happens frequently in Who Dunnit). What exactly do you see?

It honestly looks like the screen is interlaced, showing half frames. Noticable on moving screens. (Static, unmoving text looks fine.)

I was running 2.13, and just never got around to upgrading (too busy playing!) but I'm taking my game to the York Show this coming weekend, and decided it could be upgraded. I went ahead and upgraded it before I noticed I had no backup of the 2.13 version. D'oh. :)

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

pin2dmd.pal is only needed for colorized tables like Metallica, Avengers etc. You just have to rename palettes.dat to from the zip file to pin2dmd.pal.

If you use the latest vpinmame.dll with dmddevice.dll follow the instructions here

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2728-sam-build-with-modular-dmd-drivers-for-pindmd123-and-pin2dmd/?page=1

With this version you can also set 4 colors using pinmame colorize options. Otherwise it will use the base color to calculate 16 shades from it,

It only uses 16 separate colors when using pin2dmd.pal is found in altcolor folder. Script additions for loading palettes are replaced by this feature and not needed anymore.

• Content Provider

New release on github

V2.36
virtual pinball improvements

- added support for modular dmddevice.dll driver interface. Currently supported by VPinMame 2.8, PinballX and UltraDMD with modified XDMD.DLL and XDMDNative.DLL
- dmddevice.dll loads palette files from %pinmame dir%\altcolor\%machine name% directory
copy your pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.fsq files to that directory
- support for SmartDMD sidechannel protocol (e.g SpiderMan VE from Sharkky)
- added support for pin2dmd colorization methods to DmdDevice.DLL from freezy. 
Now every VpinMame user with DMD on 3rd LCD screen, pindmdV3 or pin2dmd can use 16color palette files and colorization
made with Pin2DMD.Exe tool, Pin2DMD Editor from Steve or PinballBrowser from Oga83.

real pinball machine improvements

- support for AlvinG and Spooky real pinball machines
- support for signal enhancer on V3 shields (check setting for WPC, DataEast, Whitestar, Gottlieb and Spike real pinball machines)
- faster frame update routine on alle machines except Gottlieb and CapCom
- added support for SmartDMD sidechannel on SAM machines

Pin2DMD.exe tool improvements

- added advanced colorpicker to edit custom palettes.
- import palettes as .dmc or .pal file 
- added offline mode for config. If no device is connected config files (pin2md.pal, pin2dmd.dat) are stored in directory
Works also with (pin2dmd XL for sega machines)
- added upload button to frontend
- improved real pinball dump routine in pin2dmd.exe tool

Tool 2.36.png

• Content Provider

V2.37
virtual pinball improvements

-new dmddevice.dll with improved timing for colouring  features

real pinball machine improvements

- fix bug with colormask
- modified parallax propeller code for Spooky Pinballs AMH V23

uploaded eagle files for V3 shield instead of gerber

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, lucky1 said:

V2.37

uploaded eagle files for V3 shield instead of gerber

Nice Job with your Eagle File.
And thank you for sharing and it is nice to see that you still use some of my ideas in your schematic for the Official OpenSource V3 Shield.
To bad that you don't like to work with me anymore..... :(

cheers
Sascha

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having severe problems with the new setup.

As I wanted to run ME LE color I updated everything: latest Pin2DMD flash-firmware (2.37) latest Pinmame (2.9 rel 4228)

When I start a DMD table (i.e. Cactus Canyon but all other tables as well) the display is blinking constantly and very fast but irragular (so not with a steady tempo).

I found out that when I overwrite Vpinmame.dll (from 2.9 back to the 2.8 version) everything is ok so it's not the new firmware on the pin2DMD, it's not one of the files in the other folders of pin2dmd (including dmddevice.dll) , it just doesn't work right for me with 2.9

As soon as I copy Vpinmame 2.9 (and I check it by running  setup/info) the blinking comes back do I do have to get back to 2.8 to get it working.

Ooh, and yes...after installing the new SAM I did press "install" on the setup program.

Can you give an advice for this Lucky?

thanks

Archived