Pin2Dmd Colorprism V2.0 Firmware

lucky1

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New firmware could be giving the USB stack in Windows a wrong (or different) vid or pid (I'm guessing here, lucky or the STM32 guys may correct me..) In either case, with the new firmware and the device plugged in, I'd make sure that a 'PIN2DMD' dvice shows under the device manager. if not, try the ZaDig.exe program again, with the board connected with the 2.x firmware on it. Then, after drivers are installed, check that it appears in  the device manager, then re-run the pin2dmd.exe and see if it still errors.

Just trying to help - I have a USB background in my previous position years ago, so I'm runnin' off of memory here.

We use the same VID/PID combination but changed from composite device to winusb generic to automatic driver install under

win8 - win10

Ah, good! I mentioned incorrectly -

Dazz -

Have the MINI USB connected up, not the MICRO. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, follow up FW question..

Is there a way to edit the baseline colors? I.e. set a baseline for RGB values? My display units seem to have their green too strong - so the built-in 'orange' is yellow. Built-in 'yellow' is a yellow-green. Built-in 'cyan' is a light green. So, I need to turn my display's green down to better-match colors. :)

--Me

You can create your custom palettes.dat using the editor where you set the green values lower

I can't, until you release the new FW publically so that the editor I can select 'PinLed'. :D

But yeah, I can create my own palette, but i guess I can't set any base levels?

Consider this a request, then - for the main reason that say, if people start sharing colorization files with custom keyframes and palettes, what looks good on their screen may need a base adjustment on others (like mine with the green..). :)

--Mike

• Content Provider

The palettes.dat you can create with the current editor is compatible with the version you have.

What you are talking about is the pin2dmd.dat which is the config file and does not contain any

palette information. The pin2dmd.dat can also be created with the pin2dmd.exe tool you have already.

• Content Provider

update to 2.05 on github. Please update both - firmware and tool.

See first post for more info.

The speed difference from 2.04 to 2.05 is enormous. Please look at

T2 ROM in attraction mode to see the difference.

• Content Provider

hi!

upgraded to firmware 2.05 but the only thing i got is an black screen...

any idea?

cheers

Do you have a SD card ? Please remove it for testing. If it is working then please delete pin2dmd.dat

2.04 works like a charm,thanks!

2.05 only black screen

I had this issue also..

It has something to do with the keyfile.. If you update to 2.05 and the ST board has not had a keyfile applied to it then the screen will be blank, the red led next to the micro usb connector does not light. I had to load 2.04, apply the keyfile and then load 2.05 to get an image..

I had this issue also..

It has something to do with the keyfile.. If you update to 2.05 and the ST board has not had a keyfile applied to it then the screen will be blank, the red led next to the micro usb connector does not light. I had to load 2.04, apply the keyfile and then load 2.05 to get an image..

that what i guessed

or an display problem because when moving brightness bar on 2.04,screen goes black

firmware updated with bugfix released by lucky01. thanks to him for being so fast ;)

Hey.

I went from 2.04 straight to 2.07 yesterday and noticed that the brightness off the display has gone down by maybe 30%. But atleast i can see the different colors now.

But is the brightness level drop normal?

If i raise the colorvalues (original orange dmd color) in pinmame the colors just looks washed out.

You can adjust the brightness with the pin2dmd.exe ;)

Don't use pinmame to adjust brightness as it only changes the color values, not the brightness.

I think it has been changed to a wider range to fit more different needs. Seem to be a lot better!

Greets,

Dom

I'll say that v2.07 looks a LOOOOOT better on the timings than v2.05, and especially v2.04. With my PinLED display driver board, it looks fantastic now. Good job on the adjustments there! :)

I didn't notice a brightness change - but I wasn't using default brightness to begin with, maybe my set brightness over-ruled the new default levels? Dunno. :)

Well i have tried now, and i can't do anything with the pin2dmd.exe as it crashes as before just when it starts. Something about a value out of range.

If i press ok anyway, it starts, but as soon i change anything the display goes black, and i can't see anything until i have pressed save.

I have tried to set brightness all way down and all way up, no change.

With the color preset buttons i clearly can see all the different shades of color, but when i start a game it still looks like i have 2 shades only. Even if pinmame settings show 4.

And what are the timings for?

PS: do i have some wrong library installed or missed something to get pin2dmd.exe to work?

Well i have tried now, and i can't do anything with the pin2dmd.exe as it crashes as before just when it starts. Something about a value out of range.

If i press ok anyway, it starts, but as soon i change anything the display goes black, and i can't see anything until i have pressed save.

I have tried to set brightness all way down and all way up, no change.

With the color preset buttons i clearly can see all the different shades of color, but when i start a game it still looks like i have 2 shades only. Even if pinmame settings show 4.

And what are the timings for?

PS: do i have some wrong library installed or missed something to get pin2dmd.exe to work?

You may be running the wrong version of the editor. The editor since v2.05 had the timing sliders removed. (At least, mine does..!) It's possible the application's crashing because you're using an old version to talk to a newer firmware. :)

Archived