Pin2Dmd Colorprism V2.0 Firmware

lucky1

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well 1 problem down...1 to go.  when i copy he xdmdnative.dll file to the pinballx directory...all my videos are black and white.  when i use the one that came with pinballx, they are in color.  anyone else seeing this issue?

Lucky1, maybe my xdmdnative is also a bad download?  I can't get it to show color with the real dmd videos.  The real dmd images are in color but not any of the videos. I tried FW 2.0, 2.01 and 2.02.  

• Content Provider

Has absolutely nothing to do with firmware. Please check you pinballX installation.

Is the default video in Media/Videos/No Real DMD.avi played back in black and white ?

Do you have any samples of the videos you try to play ?

Make sure your videos have a resolution of 128x32.

Please make a picture or video of the file and upload it together with the video file itself for testing.

• Content Provider

The video files are probably in black and white

If you use the pinballx unmodifed dll, the video is played using the pin2dmd default 16 color pallete so you see different colors applied

If you use the modified dll, you see the black and white video in its real color, I.e. black and white

• Content Provider

All Sigma415 videos are black & white in the source !! If you play the video on your PC  screen by double clicking on it

you will see that they are. The colors you get with the original dll are from the default palette of pin2dmd

by mapping each shade to a color. You need to have the videos in color to have them in color.

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/14608-real-dmd-support-is-here/?do=findComment&comment=123597

• Administrators

I sent him the zip download link from github which always contains the latest version.

https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/archive/master.zip

So, I finally got around to re-trying this again today.  Downloaded today Pin2DMD-master.  Flashed firmware.  When I run Pin2DMD. exe it gives me 4 pop-ups saying Pin2DMD Not Found. If I go back to older Pre-Prism version it works.

• Content Provider

So, I finally got around to re-trying this again today.  Downloaded today Pin2DMD-master.  Flashed firmware.  When I run Pin2DMD. exe it gives me 4 pop-ups saying Pin2DMD Not Found. If I go back to older Pre-Prism version it works.

With the same pin2dmd.exe ? 

Which version do you mean with pre-prism ?

Where does your device show up in the device manager with the old and with the new firmware ?

Try reinstalling them with zadig or change to winusb with zadig for testing 

Pin2DMD installation - FW and Driver.pdf

• Administrators

With the same pin2dmd.exe ? 

Which version do you mean with pre-prism ?

Where does your device show up in the device manager with the old and with the new firmware ?

Try reinstalling them with zadig or change to winusb with zadig for testing 

Pin2DMD installation - FW and Driver.pdf

This is with the NEW firmware.

post-2-0-15996900-1456883098_thumb.png

I do have both the microUSB and the miniUSB connected and running Windows 7 x64, if that makes any difference.

post-2-0-59449400-1456883383_thumb.png

• Content Provider

What he didn´t mention is that he started the pin2dmd.exe with a commandline option. Key upload is only processed when starting WITHOUT an option in GUI mode. Never had the idea that anybody could do something like that.

• Administrators

What he didn´t mention is that he started the pin2dmd.exe with a commandline option. Key upload is only processed when starting WITHOUT an option in GUI mode. Never had the idea that anybody could do something like that.

Well, all of the documentation that I found for pin2dmd.exe were command line commands. I went back and ran the GUI as you suggested... When running the GUI by clicking on pin2dmd.exe I get 4 pop-ups all saying "Pin2DMD Not Found". I'm formatting the machine now and going to do a full re-install.

• Administrators

Buy a new car when the stereo is not working ? I think a simple uninstall of the usb drivers using http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

und reinstall using Zadig should be enough.

Meh, it was time for a restore... It only takes me 8-10 minutes to completely wipe my OS and have it re-installed. I like having a fresh OS install when I'm getting the machine ready for a show.

• Administrators

Well, the format/restore has been done. Working with a clean Win7 x64 install.  I just followed the install directions exactly as they are on Github.  I am using the most recent master from Github.  When I run the pin2dmd.exe GUI I still get "Pin2DMD Not Found" 4 times, click OK on each and then the GUI comes up. 

Well, the format/restore has been done. Working with a clean Win7 x64 install.  I just followed the install directions exactly as they are on Github.  I am using the most recent master from Github.  When I run the pin2dmd.exe GUI I still get "Pin2DMD Not Found" 4 times, click OK on each and then the GUI comes up. 

After messing with it a little last night -

That message indicates that the application cannot find the PIN2DMD on the USB stack. Check USB connection, make sure drivers are loaded right, that you're not using a USB v3.0 port, and not using a hub.. And using the right USB connector. For me, I had to connect directly to laptop, bypassing a hub to get it recognized.

• Administrators

After messing with it a little last night -

That message indicates that the application cannot find the PIN2DMD on the USB stack. Check USB connection, make sure drivers are loaded right, that you're not using a USB v3.0 port, and not using a hub.. And using the right USB connector. For me, I had to connect directly to laptop, bypassing a hub to get it recognized.

... but older firmwares work fine.

... but older firmwares work fine.

New firmware could be giving the USB stack in Windows a wrong (or different) vid or pid (I'm guessing here, lucky or the STM32 guys may correct me..) In either case, with the new firmware and the device plugged in, I'd make sure that a 'PIN2DMD' dvice shows under the device manager. if not, try the ZaDig.exe program again, with the board connected with the 2.x firmware on it. Then, after drivers are installed, check that it appears in  the device manager, then re-run the pin2dmd.exe and see if it still errors.

Just trying to help - I have a USB background in my previous position years ago, so I'm runnin' off of memory here.

Archived