Pin2Dmd Colorprism V2.0 Firmware

lucky1

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

I installed the latest pinballX 32bit version and checked the pin2dmd support checkbox during installation. Then I replaced the dmddevice.dll and libusbk.dll with 
the files from my repo. Could not reproduce your issue with that.

3 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I installed the latest pinballX 32bit version and checked the pin2dmd support checkbox during installation. Then I replaced the dmddevice.dll and libusbk.dll with 
the files from my repo. Could not reproduce your issue with that.

Thanks for your help as always @lucky1 based on what you'd said about the dmddevice.dll I added it and in libusbk.dll to my virtual pinball directory and that fixed the issue. That fixed the problem. As for VP version I'm running 10.4.0 so I guess I've got something pointing to my VP version rather than my VpinMAME directory, but for now problem solved. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

ok so after some days playing with it after increased the brightness, generally the mid colors are very dark, whether is it 4 or 16 colors,  with 16 i like the gradient of the colors but with 4, a lot of scenes are very dark, example i recorded theatre of magic, just the scene when the ball is in the plunger lane to choose the skillshot

Another bigger problem, this was my second trial of recording, I skipped the first one and tried again because pin2dmd crashed, at the second try, pin2dmd crashed at the exact same scene , with the handcuffs at the end of the video, it doesn't seem like a coincidence

so after the second crash, i stopped a game in pinballx and restarted the same game and this is the message i got:

2044499458_Sanstitre.png.55bd1aa96788c2cb2a7293c80834fc9b.png

I had to unplug and plug the pin2dmd to make it work again

• Content Provider

Which dmddevice.dll did you use ? If you use the latest from github please try this version

https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/tree/b79916fdbeb71316d0c2f36459ca03e35c838456/integration/pinmame

BTW the latest stable release is 2.58. You may want to revert back to that release if the above dll noes not help.

https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/releases

• Content Provider

For further analysis a dmd dump (both raw and txt) of the scene that crashes would help.

Just create a dmddump subfolder in your pinmame installation directory and actvate both

external dmd AND dmd window in the game settings. 

• Content Provider

@lucky1, i saw the dfu was still 2.63, so i tried to update via the upd file, first time i try like this

1.3 Updating firmware from microSD card

With firmware version 2.50 and higher it is possible to upgrade the firmware of the device by copying a pin2dmd.upd file to the SD card and reboot the device. This file can also be found in the github repository.

i put the upd file to the root of the sd card without touching the rest, put it to the dmdst32, switch on, i see the logo with update in red, then it goes off, then i unplug and plug the usb cable again, and the dmd stays dark, not working anymore, what did i do wrong? what can i do to repair my device?

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, TimBoch said:

Every update after 2.57 has had these issues with strange screens. My replacement screens seem fine however.

Did you also try 2.64 ?  The latest official stable release is 2.58 as you can see here https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/releases

After that I started to review almost all code parts to make the code more portable to other hardware platforms (see Teensy 3.6 / DMDMK66 port) and to improve performance and memory usage. This work is not finished yet but we are getting closer to the next stable release.

I sent you a PM

• Content Provider

@arngrim Did you load the upd file or the dfu file?  I just checked the dfu and it was loaded in the tool without a problem

In the READ.ME is a short description of the different file formats and upgrade methods

Copy the .upd file to you micro SD card to upload the firmware to your device with firmware >= 2.50 preinstalled.

Use the .bin file with the ST-Link Utility to upload the firmware to your device using the ST-Link interfacehttp://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF258168

Use the .dfu file with the DfuSEDemo Utility to upload the firmware to your device using the user USB port in dfu mode.http://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-stm32080.html

• Content Provider

dfsudemo only accepts dfu files, i extracted only the dfu file when i tested, after i extracted the whole master package and use the same dfu file and it worked, strange,  maybe another file was needed in order to use the dfu

On 4/7/2019 at 8:28 AM, lucky1 said:

Just uploaded new v2.66 binaries to github and tagged it as the latest stable release.

I tried to update by copying the .upd file tonthe sd card. After power cycling, Pin2DMd still shows old version. The update file has been renamed to „pin2dmd.nok“. 

Hiw can I fix this? Thank you!

Oliver

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, oradke said:

I tried to update by copying the .upd file tonthe sd card. After power cycling, Pin2DMd still shows old version. The update file has been renamed to „pin2dmd.nok“. 

Hiw can I fix this? Thank you!

Oliver

Defective download ? Check the filesize

Archived