lucky1

Pin2Dmd Colorprism V2.0 Firmware

On 11/18/2017 at 2:58 PM, lucky1 said:

V2.50

-added support for firmware upgrade from SD card. From now on copy pin2dmd.upd file to SD card and reboot device.

-Nucleo  PIN2DMD XL version 2.08 with  support for firmware upgrade from SD card.  From now on copy pin2dmd_XL.upd file to SD card and reboot device.

Does the sd card upgrade work with the stm32? 

4 hours ago, tjc02002 said:

Does the sd card upgrade work with the stm32? 

Firmware upgrade from SD card works on all supported platforms with firmware >= 2.50. Older firmware versions first need a upgrade via USB.

On 12/7/2017 at 1:11 AM, lucky1 said:

Firmware upgrade from SD card works on all supported platforms with firmware >= 2.50. Older firmware versions first need a upgrade via USB.

As I am getting close to wanting to test my colorization for Tee'd Off, I see that my firmware is still 2.41 from when I first bought and installed my pin2dmd last summer.  I am thinking before I try and upload my colorization, I should first update the firmware. I have downloaded the latest 2.54 firmware, but since I have never updated my 2.41, do I need to do the firmware update with 2.54 via USB?  After that, would I then just remove the SD card from the display, insert it into my laptop and copy the upd file onto to update the firmware in the future?

Thanks for the help. Getting excited to see all the hours of colorizing finally come to life.

As I am getting close to wanting to test my colorization for Tee'd Off, I see that my firmware is still 2.41 from when I first bought and installed my pin2dmd last summer.  I am thinking before I try and upload my colorization, I should first update the firmware. I have downloaded the latest 2.54 firmware, but since I have never updated my 2.41, do I need to do the firmware update with 2.54 via USB?  After that, would I then just remove the SD card from the display, insert it into my laptop and copy the upd file onto to update the firmware in the future?
Thanks for the help. Getting excited to see all the hours of colorizing finally come to life.

First:
Update to 2.50 with the USB
(Pin2dmd.bin file)

After V 2.50:
Just place the pin2dmd.upd file on the sd card, card back in the pin2dmd, reboot the controller, update runs by itself.

http://www.pin2dmd.com for more information.

- Sascha

Can I ask you this:

today I installed the new SAMbuild (4466).

In this package there is also a pin2dmd folder and in it is a pin2dmd.dll file.

Are updates given through this package or is it best to keep track here on this forum?

As I did not see any news here on this forum...should I install this dll from the SAMbuild package or not?

Thanks

For SAMbuild, I include any dmddevice.dll that VPinMAMEdev has added to the official repository since the previous official release. So it’s actually more a question for VPinMAMEdev. I’m not positive but I think they just pull from the Pin2DMD repository. And VPinMAMEdev have updated the dll again since rev 4466 release. I’ll kick this back to@lucky1. I think the Pin2DMD repo will always have the latest and greatest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Could be that Toxie pulls the latest dll from my repo. If you are taking it directly from my repo you will be sure you have the latest version.

Great...that will be the answer to the question, thanks!